The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

the fact it wants me to buy games i already own, is annoying. Especially for 50 points which is next to nothing. Did the other 3 challenges though. Wish they just swapped out once done ?

PS: Microsoft rewards are better

PS: Sony should copy Nintendo by giving points for physical games.

PS: they won't. 

• Like 4

Bought 4 games on sale, all under 20$ and got 653 points. Ends up being $2.50 back, so really nice compared to earning nothing all this time.

I do not see why people getting worked up over the 50 point campaign when that is only .20 cents, haha. Best to just keep buying games on sale and in no time you got $10 back.

I will say the level seems kind of useless, but at least the trophies count for leveling up.

Edited by FallenKingdom

3 hours ago, FallenKingdom said:

Bought 4 games on sale, all under 20$ and got 653 points. Ends up being $2.50 back, so really nice compared to earning nothing all this time.

I do not see why people getting worked up over the 50 point campaign when that is only .20 cents, haha. Best to just keep buying games on sale and in no time you got $10 back.

I will say the level seems kind of useless, but at least the trophies count for leveling up.

It would be a lot better if you could level up just from earning trophies rather than buying games, or at least include some DLCs instead. I'll be stuck at level 1 for a while because I never buy anything digital unless it can't be found physical, or if a sale is really really good. Even though according to my PS App, I've earned over 50 "rare" trophies since the thing launched.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

It would be a lot better if you could level up just from earning trophies rather than buying games, or at least include some DLCs instead. I'll be stuck at level 1 for a while because I never buy anything digital unless it can't be found physical, or if a sale is really really good. Even though according to my PS App, I've earned over 50 "rare" trophies since the thing launched.

You can buy games that sell for a dollar and it counts as a full game. You could get to level 4 on purchases by spending like $5 in total

10 minutes ago, colia100 said:

What's the impact of buying games from another region and playing them on your main i wonder? Still fine? As it rewards you for buying/playing too...

I don't think it will reward players for buying

...but, for playing mayhaps. :hmm:

P.S. We're talking about buying digital games, right?

Edited by zizimonster
correction

23 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

I'm a bit confused about the level system. Can we only level up from purchasing games? Also there only seems to be 4 levels right? Do they plan to add more or... I don't know, I'm a bit confused about what the point is with the leveling.

Getting points back on digital purchases is great though. 

You need to both purchase games and earn "rare" trophies (PSN rarity sub-50%) to level up. There are 4 levels right now. These are the advantages:

OwQbZ6n.png

The levels are mostly about getting digital collectibles, at least at this point. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I don't think it will reward players for buying

...but, for playing mayhaps. :hmm:

P.S. We're talking about buying digital games, right?

I don't really care about the rewards so much, although I'll take them, more so the fact that is it allowed? Could you get banned cause you're stacking plats and maybe rewards in the same game whilst buying them in another region?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, colia100 said:

I don't really care about the rewards so much, although I'll take them, more so the fact that is it allowed? Could you get banned cause you're stacking plats and maybe rewards in the same game whilst buying them in another region?

I don't believe you'll get banned or anything like that. A lot of players stack trophy lists all the time, including myself.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

I just hit level 3 an hour ago, I don't have any new quests yet but this app is slow to update sometimes so who knows.

I also just hit level 3 and do not see the "This Day is Bananas" campaign.

Perhaps there are other requirements to unlocking that campaign such as playing a certain game or already having been level 3 earlier than today?

22 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Ps app doesn't show playstation stars

Does anyone else has the same issue?

I had to update the app today to see it. Look for a ? between your name and the notification bell on the main screen (controller icon, far left button at bottom)

Still can't get World Warrior's Challenge to complete for me. On the list, the only game I have is Mortal Kombat 11 PS4. I'll try setting the PS5 version (that it won't let me stream, oddly) for download and see what happens. Some people have said that some games are only registering if it's the PS5 version.

For Hit Play/1994, four games registered right when I hit play, the other two I need to install first. For the Store Picks, a friend was able to unlock it for buying PSO2 (which is free).

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 10:56 AM, LadyGallethX3 said:

No. Just 1 game. I only played Tekken 7.

M8WClnW.png

That's good to know. I read the loading every game part from a site with the answers to the music challenge. I'm going to turn on MK 11 now. 

*EDIT* Just loaded Uncharted 4 for the 1994 Challenge. It moved the bar 16%, so apparently that challenge is to load all six games. 

Edited by doGmaI_777
Tried a challenge