The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

I just downloaded Destiny 2 and loaded the game in order to get the 50 point for March ps plus games, I’ve been waiting more the than two hours for the point to show up in my account but nothing happened and when i checked the quest again it says completed ?? 

Anyone had the same issue ? Any suggestion beside whaat i should do ?

• 2 weeks later...

hi, its maybe from 2 weeks im not getting credit for ANY campaign, ive not even unlocked the standard monthly campaign (play any ps4 or ps5 game). any ideas???

1 hour ago, Ceridane said:

In case anyone is not planning on buying FFVII Rebirth any time soon the DEMO also works for unlocking the reward. I just redeemed it myself.

wow! good for u! i usually redeem all demos immediately so, in case there will be campaign involving playing it, then ill already own it, even if meanwhile was delisted. but now, theres no way to know what is better to do first. redeem immediately in case it will be delisted, or wait until a campaign says to buy it...

6 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

hi, its maybe from 2 weeks im not getting credit for ANY campaign, ive not even unlocked the standard monthly campaign (play any ps4 or ps5 game). any ideas???

wow! good for u! i usually redeem all demos immediately so, in case there will be campaign involving playing it, then ill already own it, even if meanwhile was delisted. but now, theres no way to know what is better to do first. redeem immediately in case it will be delisted, or wait until a campaign says to buy it...

I had the DEMO installed for a while but I always assumed campaigns that asked you to play an specific game only worked with the full game purchase. I was surprise this was not the case and the DEMO also unlocked the collectible.

1 hour ago, Ceridane said:

In case anyone is not planning on buying FFVII Rebirth any time soon the DEMO also works for unlocking the reward. I just redeemed it myself.

Do u have to install and play it? My friend redeem it on app but not get points.

1 minute ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Do u have to install and play it? My friend redeem it on app but not get points.

Oh I was refering to the collectible (Cloud's sword) not the points. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ceridane said:

I had the DEMO installed for a while but I always assumed campaigns that asked you to play an specific game only worked with the full game purchase. I was surprise this was not the case and the DEMO also unlocked the collectible.

U mean it was enough to play the demo even if already redeemed time before the campaign was released? Well seems a (good) bug then. Ive always tried to play games that had to be bought, instead, but never worked either. In this case i dont even have a ps5 to run rebirth…

On 3/21/2024 at 11:58 AM, XpanderFX said:

U mean it was enough to play the demo even if already redeemed time before the campaign was released? Well seems a (good) bug then. Ive always tried to play games that had to be bought, instead, but never worked either. In this case i dont even have a ps5 to run rebirth…

For the campaigns that specifically require you to play a game, then demo and beta versions count in almost all cases and they have done for a long time now. If you remember when the service first launched, there were continuous issues where these campaigns where not unlocking for people. That is because they were tracking very specific ids associated with games. They fixed that issue by tracking another id that games are assigned -  their so-called concept id - this id encompasses all the different versions of a game under a single id. The consequence of them doing that is that it means demos and beta versions are now automatically included. Maybe they'll fix it, but honestly it's probably not worth their time.

If the campaigns require you to buy a game then of course demos and betas don't work.

1 hour ago, andshrew said:

For the campaigns that specifically require you to play a game, then demo and beta versions count in almost all cases and they have done for a long time now. If you remember when the service first launched, there were continuous issues where these campaigns where not unlocking for people. That is because they were tracking very specific ids associated with games. They fixed that issue by tracking another id that games are assigned -  their so-called concept id - this id encompasses all the different versions of a game under a single id. The consequence of them doing that is that it means demos and beta versions are now automatically included. Maybe they'll fix it, but honestly it's probably not worth their time.

If the campaigns require you to buy a game then of course demos and betas don't work.

yes i know i can use demo beta free weekends etc, alrready do this almost from day one. byt the guy above says he unlocked the 250points campaign that requires buy ffvii rebirth (among other games), by just starting the demo, already redeemed before the camapaign showed up...

btw. today i updated psapp to last version and i cant still unlock any campaigns...

Edited by XpanderFX

9 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

yes i know i can use demo beta free weekends etc, alrready do this almost from day one. byt the guy above says he unlocked the 250points campaign that requires buy ffvii rebirth (among other games), by just starting the demo, already redeemed before the camapaign showed up...

btw. today i updated psapp to last version and i cant still unlock any campaigns...

They've clarified the post now to say they got the collectible with the demo, not the points.

Since it's been broken for you has your recently played games data been updating in the app, and on your profile games list on the PS5?

On 3/22/2024 at 3:32 PM, andshrew said:

Since it's been broken for you has your recently played games data been updating in the app, and on your profile games list on the PS5?

ive found the bug. from when ive updated firmware, games arent marked as "started" on the sony servers. app tells me the game im playing in that exact moment, however "recently played" are still the games ive played BEFORE update. ive said this to sony customer service but still its not fixed. tomorow ill call them again

3 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

There is a new collectible available called PlayStation Underground | Spring 2024, it is Issue 3 of The Vault. 

F402-A299-1-F6-A-4-C28-9-CAC-C0-E0740-B4

ABC557-D2-1-B90-4-EC1-8569-2583-AF427-F4

I think it can be unlocked even without pspremium if you have any of this games, i just got it randomly while playing Alan Wake 2, the full game not the trial🤣

Edit: well Grandblue required the demo that everyone can use so no big deal anyway.

Edited by Teh_DDgamez

10 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

ive found the bug. from when ive updated firmware, games arent marked as "started" on the sony servers. app tells me the game im playing in that exact moment, however "recently played" are still the games ive played BEFORE update. ive said this to sony customer service but still its not fixed. tomorow ill call them again

I wondered if it would be something like that.

You may have already tried this (and assuming you are on PS5), but you can manually sync your game status from Settings -> Saved Data and Game/App Settings -> Game Status -> Sync with PlayStation Network.

If that doesn't bring it back to life then good luck with support.

4 hours ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

I think it can be unlocked even without pspremium if you have any of this games, i just got it randomly while playing Alan Wake 2, the full game not the trial🤣

That is an interesting detail… although it makes sense given that Cloud’s Sword was able to be unlocked using the FF VII Rebirth demo 😂 I mean, why not make it work the other way? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andshrew said:

I wondered if it would be something like that.

You may have already tried this (and assuming you are on PS5), but you can manually sync your game status from Settings -> Saved Data and Game/App Settings -> Game Status -> Sync with PlayStation Network.

If that doesn't bring it back to life then good luck with support.

lot of people had this trouble. and i think its not a coincidence that campaigns doesnt work too. i dont have a ps5. maybe i can do something on ps4?

33 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

lot of people had this trouble. and i think its not a coincidence that campaigns doesnt work too. i dont have a ps5. maybe i can do something on ps4?

I don't have easy access to my PS4, and I can't remember if it has an equivalent option to what the PS5 has.

Stars 100% relies on your console sending your play data through to Sonys servers, and so reading that thread it does sound like it's going to remain broken until Sony fix whatever they need to on their servers for PS4 users, which is preventing that data being sent or processed at the moment.

I cannot seem to find any options on redeeming Gris with my PlayStation Stars points, despite saving up my points for what seems like forever... I'm hoping this is only occurring because the game is currently on sale.

7 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I cannot seem to find any options on redeeming Gris with my PlayStation Stars points, despite saving up my points for what seems like forever... I'm hoping this is only occurring because the game is currently on sale.

With it being on sale, wouldn't it make more sense to redeem points for store credit and then buy Gris?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1