The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

1 minute ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

PlayStation Stars level reset - time to grind back to Level 4!!!

I intentionally held off buying some games as they are on sale until the 6th so that they would count towards the new levels.

• Like 1

Mine too

Games bought and rare trophies

Only the ps stars points remains the same fortunately

11 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I intentionally held off buying some games as they are on sale until the 6th so that they would count towards the new levels.

Me too

Edited by Squarevii87
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I also held off haha. Mine hasn't reset yet, probably because it isn't new years for another 7 hours here.

• Like 1

Once you attain a status level, your status level is valid for the remainder of the calendar year plus 13 months. For example, if a member earned status Level 2 in October 2022, their Level 2 status would remain valid through that current calendar year and continue for the next 13 months until January 31, 2024. 

I just checked yesterday it will be reset on January 31 2024, so you guys dont have to hold off.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ShadowSkill said:

Once you attain a status level, your status level is valid for the remainder of the calendar year plus 13 months. For example, if a member earned status Level 2 in October 2022, their Level 2 status would remain valid through that current calendar year and continue for the next 13 months until January 31, 2024. 

I just checked yesterday it will be reset on January 31 2024, so you guys dont have to hold off.

Most of us that have checked have seen our status listed as "null" for the time being.

So it appears to have ended on Dec 31 rather than Jan 31. Although I believe I remember reading exactly what you say, so it's possible that Sony made a mistake and reset people too early.

Edit: just checked, I still have level 4 but my "game purchases" and "rare trophies" have been reset to 0. It also now says valid through Jan 2024.

So now I wonder what will happen at the end of the month!

Edited by Jerry_Appleby

1 hour ago, ShadowSkill said:

Your level and trophies / game purchases reset independently from one another. From the FAQ:

You can increase your status level by earning a set number of Rare and Above Trophies and purchasing a set number of Full Games from the PlayStation Store within any calendar year (January 1 to December 31).

Note that Full Game purchases and Trophies earned during a calendar year are not carried over to the next calendar year for purposes of determining your status level in that next calendar year.

So since I am already level 4 and will have that status until January 31st more purchases in 2023 will not help me. But because my purchased games gets reset on January 1st any purchases from that point should in theory count towards my level after my level resets.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Your level and trophies / game purchases reset independently from one another. From the FAQ:

So since I am already level 4 and will have that status until January 31st more purchases in 2023 will not help me. But because my purchased games gets reset on January 1st any purchases from that point should in theory count towards my level after my level resets.

This is a very convoluted explanation and messy process by PlayStation. 

I think I’ll wait until my level is reset/downgraded before making any game purchases.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:03 AM, Viper said:

Is there still an issue going around with earning coins from store purchases? I made a near $85 purchase (multiple games) a couple days ago and never got any coins for it. 

I didn't receive my coins from purchase the first Plague Tale game. I purposely waited a few days after seeing this post in hopes a fix or the issue would've been put out

On 12/31/2023 at 6:26 PM, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

PlayStation Stars level reset - time to grind back to Level 4!!!

I still have Level 4 status, but my full game purchases and Rare+ trophy counts have been reset. The purchase for Plague Tale counted though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I didn't receive my coins from purchase the first Plague Tale game. I purposely waited a few days after seeing this post in hopes a fix or the issue would've been put out

I still have Level 4 status, but my full game purchases and Rare+ trophy counts have been reset. The purchase for Plague Tale counted though.

I made a post on the previous page, I had contacted Sony and they said they sent it to an expert and that I should receive and E-Mail. I never got the E-Mail, but my points finally rolled in a couple days ago. So I don't know if it just happened randomly or if Sony actually got it rolling, but contacting Sony might help.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I still have Level 4 status, but my full game purchases and Rare+ trophy counts have been reset.

Same, I might wait until February to purchase anything new though. Don't trust PlayStation and their weird processes... and I ain't contacting their Customer Support to get anything fixed or explained...

• Haha 1

The whole resetting thing is just a bit dumb in order to drive more overpriced digital sales.

The campaigns are glitchy at best - had to contact support in the end for a couple.

PS Stars needs some tweaking for sure.

• Like 1

We got a new campaign for Hard Games today. It's Dark Souls, you have to defeat Nito.

Weirdly enough the description for me states I already Defeated Nito so to get my collectible I just have to play a PS4/PS5 game. I find this very strange as I don't have Dark Souls Remastered, only the OG PS3 version and I can't imagine they'd count that.

Could one of you who doesn't have Dark Souls 1 at all check if you have the same thing, please?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Letenko said:

We got a new campaign for Hard Games today. It's Dark Souls, you have to defeat Nito.

Weirdly enough the description for me states I already Defeated Nito so to get my collectible I just have to play a PS4/PS5 game. I find this very strange as I don't have Dark Souls Remastered, only the OG PS3 version and I can't imagine they'd count that.

Could one of you who doesn't have Dark Souls 1 at all check if you have the same thing, please?

Same here, it's a surprise but a welcome one for sure. I did the og +dlc on ps3 but never got around to play the remaster (even through i brought it near release) so i was ready to start it but then i noticed that i only need to play a random ps4/5 for it. First time ps stars did something good 😛 now if only we could actually use it on the console...

• Like 1

So I bought a bunch of DLC for around $60 on the 31st, never got any points so I decided to wait it out. 

Still didn't get the points, so I went to contact support through their livechat. The support says "all agents are busy, please try again during our hours of operation" and then it lists the hours as 8am-7pm Pacific time, which is also my time zone. Well it was 6:20pm, within their operating hours and no agent to get through to...

I thought being level 4 is supposed to give me priority chat and still no help available?? 

11 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Why is everyone's level resetting? Mine doesnt reset until january 2025

I have the same. Really don't know why most people have the 2024 date when I have 2025, and I practically always was level 4.

2 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

I have the same. Really don't know why most people have the 2024 date when I have 2025, and I practically always was level 4.

The ones expiring at the end of this month are people that had Level 4 attained in 2022 when Stars first launched. For anyone that started using it in 2023, they should be good until Jan 2025 due to the wording of the end date (I believe it was something like "valid for one full calendar year plus an extra month).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Why is everyone's level resetting? Mine doesnt reset until january 2025

3 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

Your level is kept for the remainder of the year plus an additional 13 months. So people who got to level 4 in 2022 get reset in 2024, and people who earned their level in 2023 get reset in 2025.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

Same here, it's a surprise but a welcome one for sure. I did the og +dlc on ps3 but never got around to play the remaster (even through i brought it near release) so i was ready to start it but then i noticed that i only need to play a random ps4/5 for it. First time ps stars did something good 😛 now if only we could actually use it on the console...

I just wanted to confirm that the campaign auto-unlocked for me while I was asleep, so it really must have counted the PS3 version, I imagine due to the trophies having the same name. 

A pleasent surprise indeed.

• Like 2

I just got another of the wrap up collectible campaigns. This time the Speedster one, previously got Thrill Seeker. Checking the actual wrap up site it has actually recalculated me as Speedster because I spent a bunch of time in Lego 2K Drive between the wrap up launching and the end of the year. Would be cool if I could see how much playtime the other categories had so I could have tried and get more of them.

Edited by MrHealthy