The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

On 12/5/2023 at 5:24 PM, Letenko said:

According to @zultan8212 they are retroactive. At least the previous ones were.

This specific one is strange, I unlocked it when it originally came out at the start of the year, but got this "second chance" campaign anyway. It hasn't unlocked yet, despite me having the trophy. Whether it be because I have the prior collectible or the campaign is not retroactive, I couldn't say.

I've never been given the chance to get this Elden Ring reward, it's the first time this campaign has been offered to me. But despite booting the game, the reward won't unlock. I'm pretty sure that's all it required to unlock previous campaigns with trophies associated to them, obtained before the corresponding Stars campaign, as you said.

It makes no sense how they are locking us from it so we can never obtain it.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:47 AM, Ceridane said:

As @MrHealthy said you can use My Hero Ultra ramble game to unlock the collectible and just delete the trophy set afterwards if you are not interested in the game.

Yeah I didn't realize that one was free until later so I did get it, thanks. My internet was acting up so I only got through checking like two of the games on the list if they were either free on on the catalog before pages weren't loading for me. 

Anybody else had their "Survival of the Fittest" and "Fight of the Month Club" glitch on them? I tried playing Apex, H1Z1, Fortnite for the former and Street Figter 6 Demo (which has counter before) for the latter but nothing popped.

At first I though my app or account has glitched since I never had 2 campaigns I can't complete, but just minutes ago I unlocked Hard Games Club: October (Monster Hunter: Rise) so now I don't know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Letenko said:

Anybody else had their "Survival of the Fittest" and "Fight of the Month Club" glitch on them? I tried playing Apex, H1Z1, Fortnite for the former and Street Figter 6 Demo (which has counter before) for the latter but nothing popped.

At first I though my app or account has glitched since I never had 2 campaigns I can't complete, but just minutes ago I unlocked Hard Games Club: October (Monster Hunter: Rise) so now I don't know.

Survival of the fittest didn’t work for me today (playing fall guys) but the horizon forbidden west one did work.

I’ve had so many of these campaigns not work for me at this point it’s completely ridiculous. If it’s a collectable I actually want I’ll contact PlayStation support, but honestly for that chicken plate or whatever the survival of the fittest collectable is I’m not going to bother.

Didn’t try fight of the month because none of the games are on plus and I don’t own any of them, didn’t realize it would work with the demo. Sucks because I like those arcade cabinets and I believe I have all of them so far.

Whats even more annoying with ps stars is every single time I open my collectables tab the app crashes, so it’s not possible for me to scroll through my collectables at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Survival of the fittest didn’t work for me today (playing fall guys) but the horizon forbidden west one did work.

I’ve had so many of these campaigns not work for me at this point it’s completely ridiculous. If it’s a collectable I actually want I’ll contact PlayStation support, but honestly for that chicken plate or whatever the survival of the fittest collectable is I’m not going to bother.

Didn’t try fight of the month because none of the games are on plus and I don’t own any of them, didn’t realize it would work with the demo. Sucks because I like those arcade cabinets and I believe I have all of them so far.

Whats even more annoying with ps stars is every single time I open my collectables tab the app crashes, so it’s not possible for me to scroll through my collectables at all.

I might give contacting support a shot if it doesn't unlock some time later. I still remember having to launch the NBA 2K Trial about 50 times on different days for that to work, so this might be the same case.

Hopefully my "le super epic PS Stars level 4 priority treatment" will mean I can get to support faster. Contacting any support can be a pain.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Letenko said:

I might give contacting support a shot if it doesn't unlock some time later. I still remember having to launch the NBA 2K Trial about 50 times on different days for that to work, so this might be the same case.

Hopefully my "le super epic PS Stars level 4 priority treatment" will mean I can get to support faster. Contacting any support can be a pain.

It’s really not worth your time unless you REALLY want the collectable lol. I did it for the sea of stars one because I really wanted it, and a couple of the arcade machines as well.

Be prepared to talk to them / wait for about 20-30 mins, and have to answer a bunch of questions they should really know anyway, like are you a ps plus subscriber, have you played the game, what is the name of the campaign etc.

Then they make a bunch of notes and send it to ps stars support, and you get the collectable 2-3 days later 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

It’s really not worth your time unless you REALLY want the collectable lol. I did it for the sea of stars one because I really wanted it, and a couple of the arcade machines as well.

Be prepared to talk to them / wait for about 20-30 mins, and have to answer a bunch of questions they should really know anyway, like are you a ps plus subscriber, have you played the game, what is the name of the campaign etc.

Then they make a bunch of notes and send it to ps stars support, and you get the collectable 2-3 days later 

Honestly, working previously in frontline support and dealing with some other companies, this actually sounds doable. 

Thank you very much for the clarification.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Letenko said:

Honestly, working previously in frontline support and dealing with some other companies, this actually sounds doable. 

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Yeah one thing I will say is I never had to wait long to start talking to someone, which is more then I can say for most companies. 

No problem at all, hope you get the collectables 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

So they’ve put a few Ezio collectables up for purchase, of course they did. 🙄 Thought it was strange we got a Connor and an Edward one but no Ezio. They’re 100 coins more than usual too! 

Are these from previous campaigns or its a new thing ? Because I saw they also put previous genshin impact collectibles to purchase.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:24 AM, Letenko said:

According to @zultan8212 they are retroactive. At least the previous ones were.

This specific one is strange, I unlocked it when it originally came out at the start of the year, but got this "second chance" campaign anyway. It hasn't unlocked yet, despite me having the trophy. Whether it be because I have the prior collectible or the campaign is not retroactive, I couldn't say.

I can verify I've had quite a few of them pop retroactively.

• Like 3

Generally if something doesn't pop right away I just wait a few days/a week for Playstation's backend to unbork itself and try again. It also isn't unlocking for me. These monthly themed series ones (Fight Club, etc) tend to be the jankiest in my experience.

Edited by Grafvoluth
  • Like 1

I can also confirm that both work now. (and yes, Street Fighter 6 demo did work for Fight of the Month).

I'm wondering if it's because of the new campaings for Destiny and end of Year Wrap up were pushed through...

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 4:13 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Survival of the Fittest did not unlock for me either. I tried Apex Legends, PUBG, and both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Fall Guys. Loaded up each game three times. I can’t even tell what the collectible is supposed to be, so I’m just giving up

Like everyone else, I can confirm Survival of the Fittest works. Downloaded the PS4 version of Fall Guys again and it unlocked as soon as the game launched. 

2 hours ago, Letenko said:

I can also confirm that both work now. (and yes, Street Fighter 6 demo did work for Fight of the Month).

I'm wondering if it's because of the new campaings for Destiny and end of Year Wrap up were pushed through...

I don’t have any end of year wrap up campaign? What is it? 

did you guys get the end of year wrap up email yet? The one that tells you how many hours you played games for this year, and your most played games and stuff like that? I haven’t received that email either so hope I didn’t miss it for some reason. I enjoy reading that.

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

10 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

did you guys get the end of year wrap up email yet? The one that tells you how many hours you played games for this year, and your most played games and stuff like that? I haven’t received that email either so hope I didn’t miss it for some reason. I enjoy reading that.

I didn't get the wrap up, but I did get a campaign for the wrap up, which is quite strange. Asking on my Discord server, nobody else got it either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

The wrap up itself hasn't been announced. The campaigns for it have launched early.

You know how in previous years they sorted use into categories based on the types of games we played most? You get a collectible campaign based on your category this year. I got Thrill Seeker for example, while others got Speedster, Fighter, Gunslinger etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

The wrap up itself hasn't been announced. The campaigns for it have launched early.

You know how in previous years they sorted use into categories based on the types of games we played most? You get a collectible campaign based on your category this year. I got Thrill Seeker for example, while others got Speedster, Fighter, Gunslinger etc.

Cool mine is there his morning :) I got “Connoiseur”. What’s that mean in this context I wonder, playing a bunch of different types of games I imagine.