The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Anyone else get this message?

pHoiAHu.jpg

Yes, and the extension is nice, but the level still remains at 4. So everything remains the same. 🤷🏼‍♂️

EDIT: I had a second look. My games bought and Trophies grabbed have  dropped to 0 & 1. Maybe something did change. 

Edited by ConAir
2nd look
  • Like 1

So I finally got in touch with a Stars rep and they said they'll escalate my case to a special team to give me my points for my missing purchase.

Then they asked "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

So I responded by saying I wanted to give them some feedback. I mentioned that I had tried contacting them the last 3 days straight (during business hours) to chat with an agent, but the automated response said no agents were available and to contact them "during business hours," which of course I already had done multiple times as the message was showing up within that same timeframe. :facepalm:

Now the chat support guy has left me hanging for an hour without responding... 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

I got this too but, the app on the PS Stars screen says ‘until 1/2024’.

That’s odd, I was checking the date for my Stars level and it looked like they had already made the extension around the turn of the year.  Maybe it’s a rolling update that hasn’t hit your account yet?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 2:27 PM, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

This is a very convoluted explanation and messy process by PlayStation. 

I think I’ll wait until my level is reset/downgraded before making any game purchases.

With PS Stars decision to extend our levels another year, I double down on my views of PlayStations mess in the process.

I don't think they actually knew what was to happen next, so instead, just extended the program another year... (while they figure it out, hopefully)...

Edited by PHIL_DADDY1

I don't get why this needs an expiration date to begin with. If they're not doing anything specific with the level outside of supposedly getting premier support (which from what I've heard doesn't matter what level you are, everyone gets the same Sony support regardless)...then what's the point in resetting people? Just seems pointless. If all you're offering with the Level 4 thing is priority when talking to Sony...then just leave it be until you think of something to actually do with it. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Viper said:

I don't get why this needs an expiration date to begin with. If they're not doing anything specific with the level outside of supposedly getting premier support (which from what I've heard doesn't matter what level you are, everyone gets the same Sony support regardless)...then what's the point in resetting people? Just seems pointless. If all you're offering with the Level 4 thing is priority when talking to Sony...then just leave it be until you think of something to actually do with it. 

Money. Granted, the whole thing is designed to get you to spend more on digital games, but I'm sure that since the PS Stars levels require purchases and trophies, money was their main decision maker.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, Jerry_Appleby said:

So I finally got in touch with a Stars rep and they said they'll escalate my case to a special team to give me my points for my missing purchase.

Then they asked "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

So I responded by saying I wanted to give them some feedback. I mentioned that I had tried contacting them the last 3 days straight (during business hours) to chat with an agent, but the automated response said no agents were available and to contact them "during business hours," which of course I already had done multiple times as the message was showing up within that same timeframe. :facepalm:

Now the chat support guy has left me hanging for an hour without responding... 😂

Just wanna put this out there but a lot of Sony support reps are just freelancers who get paid with store currency. I should know because they offered me a position.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 4:26 AM, Letenko said:

I just wanted to confirm that the campaign auto-unlocked for me while I was asleep, so it really must have counted the PS3 version, I imagine due to the trophies having the same name. 

A pleasent surprise indeed.

It doesn't seem to work now, I just got the trophy recently and I did not get the PlayStation Stars campaign to unlock. I made sure I was participating in the campaign before I even started the game.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

Finally got my missing points earlier today. Also got an email that was very generic that I assume a bunch of other people got.

The gist of it was basically: 

"We saw you made a purchase between December 26 and January 2, and did not get your PS Star points. As a current PS Plus and Stars member, we have added the points to your account." 

So at least my problem was fixed, hope all you others that didn't get points also got them added back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Just noticed that my level 4 bar is no longer full.

Has the "secret" level 5 launched, or is it just a bug?

No, It's just that we all now have to start grinding our way back to full tier 4 status before the end of the year in order to retain tier 4 after January 31, 2025. 

It says on mine that I have already collected 25/128 trophies, and have 1/4 full game purchases. So, it looks like I got some work to do in the next year.

And, as for that secret tier 5 rumor... it was just that, a rumor. I don't think anyone ever really believed that it was a real thing. And, if so, it was most probably scraped before the launch of the service. Just another internet rumor that gained traction and now has a life of its own. lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toxik_Angel187 said:

No, It's just that we all now have to start grinding our way back to full tier 4 status before the end of the year in order to retain tier 4 after January 31, 2025. 

It says on mine that I have already collected 25/128 trophies, and have 1/4 full game purchases. So, it looks like I got some work to do in the next year.

And, as for that secret tier 5 rumor... it was just that, a rumor. I don't think anyone ever really believed that it was a real thing. And, if so, it was most probably scraped before the launch of the service. Just another internet rumor that gained traction and now has a life of its own. lol

Oh, of course! I forgot that it changed on the 31st.

I'll go and buy four 20p games then. 😂

• Haha 1

Also just discovered that it's possible to add something again. Plus, there is room for growth after lvl 4 again (blue bar half filled). 0/4 games bought, purple 4 with a half bar and 56/128 Trophies. It seems like I can go for an extra goal and fill the bar again by buying games and unlocking Trophies.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 3:52 AM, Jacko_the_lad said:

Just noticed that my level 4 bar is no longer full.

Has the "secret" level 5 launched, or is it just a bug?

I noticed that too, i need another 48 Rare and above trophies, to fill up my meter.

Funny thing is, it still says Level 4 until 1/2024, and we're in February now!!!

I have written back to PlayStation Support to see what's up with that. Expecting another dumb reply...

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Is it safe to purchase things again? I need to follow up with Sony again because only one of my 2 games purchased between 12/28-1/5 got coins received late. 

Yes, everything seems to be back to normal now. I also had some missing points and after getting in touch with support it only took a few days before my points were credited to my account. You'll need to reach out to get it sorted though I'm pretty sure, so should get on that sooner'n later.

Hmmm, very interesting that level 5 silently launched.  The main page for PlayStation Stars still shows level 4 as the max and it appears to have the same requirements as level 4.

Stars Level 5 Requirements:

• Buy 4 full games.
  • Earn 128 rare and above trophies.

Looking forward to these digital collectibles having more utility on the PS5, sometime this year.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Hmmm, very interesting that level 5 silently launched.  The main page for PlayStation Stars still shows level 4 as the max and it appears to have the same requirements as level 4.

Stars Level 5 Requirements:

• Buy 4 full games.
  • Earn 128 rare and above trophies.

Looking forward to these digital collectibles having more utility on the PS5, sometime this year.

Um... no, my friend... there IS NO level 5. lol

• Haha 2