The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

I got Thrill Seeker but it looks like this year you actually have to play a game to get the collectible.

Luckily one of the ones I'm supposed to play is one I got free with I bought my VR (resident evil biohazard) otherwise I probably wouldn't bother with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Demo for Chant of Sennaar unlocks the new cozy item.

When did you get the cozy campaign? It has yet to appear for me.

For the end of year wrap up, I got Gunslinger, most likely due to the hidden game I have as it's shooter adjacent. It's obtainable by playing a bunch of games, including Returnal and Far Cry Blood Dragon which are part of PS+.

7 minutes ago, Letenko said:

When did you get the cozy campaign? It has yet to appear for me.

For the end of year wrap up, I got Gunslinger, most likely due to the hidden game I have as it's shooter adjacent. It's obtainable by playing a bunch of games, including Returnal and Far Cry Blood Dragon which are part of PS+.

I got it at the start of the month. It's "Wind Down With PlayStation".

On 12/12/2023 at 9:01 AM, Sendai-Horatio said:

Demo for Chant of Sennaar unlocks the new cozy item.

I used the demo for this and the demo for Street Fighter 6 to unlock Fight of the Month. Do demos work all the time for these campaigns? If so I could probably be completing a lot more than I have been

3 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I used the demo for this and the demo for Street Fighter 6 to unlock Fight of the Month. Do demos work all the time for these campaigns? If so I could probably be completing a lot more than I have been

With the way it works at the moment they should work for any "play x game" type campaigns. You can also usually use beta versions of the game if you have access to one (even if the beta is turned off, you just need to download and launch it).

This may change in future; it never used to work like this when it first launched.

I have a question regarding Stars status as of the new year. My level 4 status says valid through 01/2024. So does that mean I'm going to be downgraded to level 3 or 1 no matter what once that time period ends? Is everyone else in the same boat? And what will happen with your points?

I would've thought that your Stars expiry date would change based on your last full game purchase, otherwise everyone here will probably be downgraded at the end of January! Does anyone here have a different expiry date other than January?

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I have a question regarding Stars status as of the new year. My level 4 status says valid through 01/2024. So does that mean I'm going to be downgraded to level 3 or 1 no matter what once that time period ends? Is everyone else in the same boat? And what will happen with your points?

I would've thought that your Stars expiry date would change based on your last full game purchase, otherwise everyone here will probably be downgraded at the end of January! Does anyone here have a different expiry date other than January?

The validty of the level is the same for everyone and we currently don't know what will happen after reset. I imagine everyone will go back to 0 and start leveling up again with new collectibles for each level.

I don't think points are related to your level reset. Points expire 2 years after you obtain and don't use them. Source: https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/game-pedia/is-playstation-stars-permanent

4 hours ago, Letenko said:

The validty of the level is the same for everyone and we currently don't know what will happen after reset. I imagine everyone will go back to 0 and start leveling up again with new collectibles for each level.

I don't think points are related to your level reset. Points expire 2 years after you obtain and don't use them. Source: https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/game-pedia/is-playstation-stars-permanent

Thanks for the info! 

I was thinking of just spending my points on PSN $$ just to be safe, as you never know if they decide to remove the PSN $ in the new year and only allow game purchases instead.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:56 AM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Only seems to work occasionally.  Didn’t work for me for the demo for Star Ocean The Second Story R for December’s picks. 

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Only seems to work occasionally.  Didn’t work for me for the demo for Star Ocean The Second Story R for December’s picks. 

I think it really depends on the type of demo. I'm not sure if PS Stars checks the ID of the game, the name of it or verifies it in some other way. I was able to use Demos or PS+ Trials for anything I didn't own already.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Demos only work if it requires you to play the game. Things like Monthly Picks tell you to purchase the game to unlock _____.

So demos only generally work for the collectible ones, not the ones that give you points.

Edited by zaxonzaxon
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Is there still an issue going around with earning coins from store purchases? I made a near $85 purchase (multiple games) a couple days ago and never got any coins for it. 

Only experience I had with that is that I forgot that my PS+ lapsed and didn't have it for a couple days. I made a purchase at that time, and Sony gave me a refund for the games, to which I purchased them again after renewing my subscription and go the appropriate coins

12 hours ago, Viper said:

Is there still an issue going around with earning coins from store purchases? I made a near $85 purchase (multiple games) a couple days ago and never got any coins for it. 

Me too. A few days ago I spent about 100$ and was waiting for the coins to pop in like they always do. They never came.

I have plus for years so that's not the problem. It's not a huge deal if I never get the points, but it would be nice.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Viper said:

I’ve had the same issue in EU yesterday. No coins received after a purchase. It wasn’t a big expense so no big deal but still the problem exists.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I made purchases via the app that tracked under full game purchases but not in my points history. I then made a few purchases via the console and again they tracked as full game purchases but not in my points history.

As one of the games was AW 2 it tracked the monthly picks campaign.