delisting and servers shutting down on September 30th.

cb_zen

16 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Shit, bots on Gold in campaign are kicking my ass... :|

I had a hard time till I realized the team I picked was giving a HORRIBLE arena to play in.

IMO pick the Cosmic team (purple), their arena doesn't have any obstacles in the middle. Once I did that I started winning more games till I got good enough at the game to do okay on the other arenas.

6 hours ago, SajoAtine said:

I had a hard time till I realized the team I picked was giving a HORRIBLE arena to play in.

IMO pick the Cosmic team (purple), their arena doesn't have any obstacles in the middle. Once I did that I started winning more games till I got good enough at the game to do okay on the other arenas.

That's a good tip, however I am playing with purple from the start ;). Anyway sometimes you are playing "guest" matches so you can not avoid arenas with the obstacles, but at least your home games are played at the easiest one.

Usually I am trying to catch the ball as the first one and then simply run for the goal. But then when I am leading like 2:0, 3:1 AI starts to use hyperblabla and wipes me off ;). Oh well... Good that at least you can repeat the game without losing whole progress. Slowly, but in the right direction ;).

EDIT:

Ok, finally I got setup which more or less works for me: Shade and Toro, both equipped with Sentry Shield which I am placing on front of the goal - sometimes when enemy hits it the ball bouce back to their goal :P.

Edited by Smashero

6 hours ago, Smashero said:

That's a good tip, however I am playing with purple from the start ;). Anyway sometimes you are playing "guest" matches so you can not avoid arenas with the obstacles, but at least your home games are played at the easiest one.

Usually I am trying to catch the ball as the first one and then simply run for the goal. But then when I am leading like 2:0, 3:1 AI starts to use hyperblabla and wipes me off ;). Oh well... Good that at least you can repeat the game without losing whole progress. Slowly, but in the right direction ;).

EDIT:

Ok, finally I got setup which more or less works for me: Shade and Toro, both equipped with Sentry Shield which I am placing on front of the goal - sometimes when enemy hits it the ball bouce back to their goal :P.

I used shade and battlebot with hammers. I saved the hammers for enemy hyper drives to kill them as they approached. 

I did well using manual ai switching and sitting in the goal immediately while I let the bot do whatever it wanted. Usually it killed one or both opponents and scored. Averaged around 8 goals per round. 

• Like 1

On 16.09.2022 at 10:05 PM, Sydoki said:

I take it it's safe to assume that trophies for 500 goals and knockouts can be done after the shutdown, in other modes? Seems pointless to grind it while going for 100 Blitz matches if you are doing a quitting method

Yes, all modes count. 

Edited by Smashero

3 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Can someone clarify the quitting thing for me? Is it not a 2v2 game mode? It sounds like everyone just has one partner quitting out. Am I misunderstanding?

It is a 2v2 mode but your partner is an AI bot so there are only 2 real people in each match if you are trying to match up with your other PS4.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

It is a 2v2 mode but your partner is an AI bot so there are only 2 real people in each match if you are trying to match up with your other PS4.

And the match ends when one of the human players quits out? It doesn't just fill with a bot (as I recall laser league did, for example)?

Edited by RNumbers

4 hours ago, Smashero said:

Oh, that's strange (or maybe I am missing something):
The plat name is Best of the Best, but when you click on it do see the first / latest achievers it changes name to "HyperBrawl Champion".

@BlindMango

Not sure who to call for this anomaly. Guessing that the list was rescanned wrongly?

Iipq30c.png

Hmm, that's strange - I assume the developers messed up the regional name at one point when we scanned it in. Anyways, I rescanned it and it looks like it's fixed now!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NastyNeezer said:

Can I have me and friend on one team and my alt with a bot on the other for the blitz wins? Or will the game not allow that?

Also, does completing the cups on gold automatically pop the silver and bronze trophies as well?

For your 2nd question yes the silver and bronze trophies will also pop if you complete the cup on gold difficulty.

2 hours ago, NastyNeezer said:

Can I have me and friend on one team and my alt with a bot on the other for the blitz wins? Or will the game not allow that?

Also, does completing the cups on gold automatically pop the silver and bronze trophies as well?

Yep but you can't control which team your friend will be on. You can't enter as a team (premade), I don't know if I'm explaining myself.

To your 2nd question, yes you get all the trophies.

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 1

Couldn't get "triple threat" popping.What am I supposed to do for this trophy?

Score a goal:       Guess that just means to score a goal just like the trophy?

Assist a goal:       Is this meant to be a pass shoot kinda deal. Like you pass to your AI partner and the AI scores?

Save a goal:        I would assume this means goalkeeping right? Just like the intercepting trophy?

I hope 1 of these is wrong, because otherwise I dont know why it isnt popping.

EDIT: ok, after trying it in way to many matches, I think the above is correct.

My assumption is that the assist just works really funky. No need to save by rolling, thats one thing I can confirm.

Edited by Bumperklever