Someone in a discord I frequent claimed to be able to hack PS4 trophies. Is this really true?

AllieWalton66

Ok so I know PS3 hacking has been around a long time but recently someone in a boosting discord I used claimed they were hacking PS4 games and getting away with it.

Please please tell me this is a bluff. If I find out people can just hack pop games like RDR2 or The Witcher 3 or any other game I put a lot of legit effort into. Like what's even the point of trying if cheating losers can jist do that?

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don't worry about it.

If you enjoyed your time with the game, then what other people do doesn't make a difference.

Getting annoyed by someone else cheating is no different to getting annoyed that other people are overtaking you on the leaderboards by spamming instaplats. 

It only matters if you didn't enjoy what you were playing to begin with...

...and if that's the case, then there was never any value to it in the first place :dunno:

Even spam plats are better then cheating if you ask me.

Edited by AllieWalton66
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Its funny that nobody mentioned Spam/shovelware games up to this point and you already have to try to defend them..... 

Ehm, it was mentioned in the very first reply already.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Getting annoyed by someone else cheating is no different to getting annoyed that other people are overtaking you on the leaderboards by spamming instaplats.

Here.

The comparison is questionable at best though. I do not give a rats ass about the leaderboards for example, yet I am annoyed if I see a (for me) tough trophy that I struggled to get being  unlocked in seconds by a cheater, or someone who autopops them to get them twice without any effort, which is more or less the same for me. People who spam shit games only get shit trophies in return, creating profiles that most people look and shake their head at because someone actually paid quadruple digits, and sometimes a hell of a lot more, only to hide their impressive trophies under a mountain sized pile of garbage that makes them nearly invisible. People who cheat however can get whatever trophy they want, from garbage ones with 100% that would have taken them 5 minutes to unlock normally all the way down into the sub 1% category that would have taken months of grinding and practicing.

Now obviously both are an eyesore, but if I had to choose I'd rather get rid of cheaters because what they are doing affects me a bit more.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

People who spam shit games only get shit trophies in return, creating profiles that most people look and shake their head at

People who cheat however can get whatever trophy they want, from garbage ones with 100% that would have taken them 5 minutes to unlock normally all the way down into the sub 1% category that would have taken months of grinding and practicing.

I can totally understand this argument. I agree with you.

However, as far as I know, cheating/hacking trophies on the PS4 seems a lot more difficult and uncommon than what happens on the PS3. At least I haven’t seen too many examples myself.

Is this really a thing? How do they do it?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

However, as far as I know, cheating/hacking trophies on the PS4 seems a lot more difficult and uncommon than what happens on the PS3. At least I haven’t seen too many examples myself.

Whilst hacked PS3 and Vita games are a more common sight, hacked PS4 games are far from uncommon.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Not sure how common it is but someone that used to be on my friends list decided to hack a bunch of trophies at some point. Although they deleted me I'm still classed as following them so my what's new section on PS4 gets filled with them apparently playing ever game under sun within 2 mins of each other. Makes no sense to me as why people do it other then they clearly get some sort of perverse enjoyment out of it. 

• Like 4

On 03/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, Dauersack said:

Ehm, it was mentioned in the very first reply already.

Here.

The comparison is questionable at best though. I do not give a rats ass about the leaderboards for example, yet I am annoyed if I see a (for me) tough trophy that I struggled to get being  unlocked in seconds by a cheater, or someone who autopops them to get them twice without any effort, which is more or less the same for me. People who spam shit games only get shit trophies in return, creating profiles that most people look and shake their head at because someone actually paid quadruple digits, and sometimes a hell of a lot more, only to hide their impressive trophies under a mountain sized pile of garbage that makes them nearly invisible. People who cheat however can get whatever trophy they want, from garbage ones with 100% that would have taken them 5 minutes to unlock normally all the way down into the sub 1% category that would have taken months of grinding and practicing.

Now obviously both are an eyesore, but if I had to choose I'd rather get rid of cheaters because what they are doing affects me a bit more.

You have to give him some slack. Almost 7000 posts later on a trophy site and none the wiser, it's extremely ironic to not understand that people actually care about their hard work, not wanting it to be devalued by cheaters.

Maybe it has something to do with not having accomplished anything worthwhile on a personal level, I don't know. But to deny others, that's not something I'd even attempt to consider.

28 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

You have to give him some slack. Almost 7000 posts later on a trophy site and none the wiser, it's extremely ironic to not understand that people actually care about their hard work, not wanting it to be devalued by cheaters.

Maybe it has something to do with not having accomplished anything worthwhile on a personal level, I don't know. But to deny others, that's not something I'd even attempt to consider.

Lol - that's adorable ?

You're probably right.

Or...

...wait a minute, though... ?

What if...

...maybe he just derives enough happiness and contentment from said personal accomplishments, that he doesn't feel the need for trophies to fill that gap, and just views them as a fun side-activity to his gaming?

Perhaps that means he doesn't feel the urge to knot himself into a mewling pretzel of impotent and ineffectual rage over whether someone else cheats, and doesn't see how them doing so would somehow devalues the enjoyment he got from his hobby?

Maybe he doesn't think considering an entertainment pastime like playing games to be "hard work" is healthy?

...and maybe he thinks that if people do see it that way, then they might be letting trophies turn from a fun pass-time in to a detrimental obsession, distracting them from the whole reason they grew to love gaming in the first place?

...I guess it's possible....

...we'll really never know.

After all, you didn't even bother to tag him in when you talked about him.

You know - like civilised people do.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 6:08 AM, dieselmanchild said:

just take a peek into the disputes forum you’ll see a lot of flagged PS4 games.. granted not as many as PS3/vita 

34 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Lol - that's adorable 1f60d.png

You're probably right.

Or...

...wait a minute, though... 1f914.png

What if...

...maybe he just derives enough happiness and contentment from said personal accomplishments, that he doesn't feel the need for trophies to fill that gap, and just views them as a fun side-activity to his gaming?

Perhaps that means he doesn't feel the urge to knot himself into a mewling pretzel of impotent and ineffectual rage over whether someone else cheats, and doesn't see how them doing so would somehow devalues the enjoyment he got from his hobby?

Maybe he doesn't think considering an entertainment pastime like playing games to be "hard work" is healthy?

...and maybe he thinks that if people do see it that way, then they might be letting trophies turn from a fun pass-time in to a detrimental obsession, distracting them from the whole reason they grew to love gaming in the first place?

...I guess it's possible....

...we'll really never know.

After all, you didn't even bother to tag him in when you talked about him.

You know - like civilised people do.

You really ought to stop with your "maybe's" and "what if's" - it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Sly originally launched his site with the leaderboard as a main selling point - as far as I can see, nothing in that aspect has changed whatsoever. The fact that cheaters are being taken off said leaderboard til this very day by devoted volunteers, should speak volumes to anybody - even to somebody like you - that its integrity is of importance to the community - why else bother at all?

As for tagging? You have to forgive me, but is this Twitter?!? You're more than welcome to treat PSNP as a poor man's substitute to Facebook, just be a pal and don't drag me into the nonsense.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:00 AM, AllieWalton66 said:

Ok so I know PS3 hacking has been around a long time but recently someone in a boosting discord I used claimed they were hacking PS4 games and getting away with it.

Please please tell me this is a bluff. If I find out people can just hack pop games like RDR2 or The Witcher 3 or any other game I put a lot of legit effort into. Like what's even the point of trying if cheating losers can jist do that?

It is possible to hack PS4 games.

While checking out how trophy tracking sites handle cheating I came across one site where I was later informed cheat handling is not yet implemented https://www.playstationtrophies.org/

I think it's because the site's leaderboard system is just in it's beginning phases.  Visiting the site's individual game leaderboards you can sometimes come across hacked PS4 games.

Below is an example from one of the site's leaderboards for a specific PS4 game where 100% is not possible due to a glitch that was never fixed because the company became defunct.

9awoQG8.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

just take a peek into the disputes forum you’ll see a lot of flagged PS4 games.. granted not as many as PS3/vita 

Yeah I’ve seen PS4 disputes before but I thought people were downloading save files and other known methods rather than the more traditional “hacks“ afforded by the ease of using CFW on PS3.

I did some Googling after reading through this thread though and discovered that the PS4 jailbreak/home brew scene is actually bigger than I thought, and apparently there is straight up trophy unlocking software available just like on the PS3. I had thought this was impossible on PS4 but looks like those clever bastards figured out a way.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:07 AM, TriadThunder-X said:

The issue is that there is some users who are at the top of the fastest 100% leaderboards which have clearly cheated, yet can't be reported. Due to the fact they have previously been reported and nothing came of it, suprise suprise no dispute.

Send a staff member a DM to have it looked into, while being open minded you may be wrong. 

Unless something is done to combat the cheaters, It's probably just gonna get worse and worse. Just look at the top of the PS3 leaderboard, they been there for days. I reported someone else in the top 50 few days ago but nothing seems to have been done. How hard is the removal process, is it not just a simple click? 

• 2 months later...
On 03/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, TriadThunder said:

The issue is that there is some users who are at the top of the fastest 100% leaderboards which have clearly cheated, yet can't be reported. Due to the fact they have previously been reported and nothing came of it, suprise suprise no dispute.

this website is also absolutely chock full of fragile egos. OMG HE DID THAT FASTER THEN ME HE MUST BE CHEATING. etc etc. there are ways where u can see peoples' Hidden trophies.. so you could check em out see if they have a ton of 100% games someone maybe asked them to hide. but it's allot of effort over policing someone elses list. worry only about your own. 

20 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

this website is also absolutely chock full of fragile egos. OMG HE DID THAT FASTER THEN ME HE MUST BE CHEATING. etc etc. there are ways where u can see peoples' Hidden trophies.. so you could check em out see if they have a ton of 100% games someone maybe asked them to hide. but it's allot of effort over policing someone elses list. worry only about your own. 

An example of a game I'm referring to would be Maneater for PS4. The top fastest user for that game has clearly cheated, yet hasn't been removed. There is no option to report, which means they have either already been reported or they have disputed in private. 

On 10/3/2022 at 4:00 AM, AllieWalton66 said:

Yea, it's been doable for a few years now. Some random guy showed up on this forum awhile ago promoting his trophies. That was around 2020? Don't worry about it, and focus on your own achievements. You can't control what other people do. Besides, if you have proof of a person's trophies being hacked, you can report them. 

9 hours ago, TriadThunder said:

An example of a game I'm referring to would be Maneater for PS4. The top fastest user for that game has clearly cheated, yet hasn't been removed. There is no option to report, which means they have either already been reported or they have disputed in private. 

Report to someone like Squirl or MMDE. I've had to do that for several cheaters, with God of War Ragnarok being one of the worst right now. The thing about Vita hackers is they commonly sync all available Vita games, so it's pretty easy to spot them (especially when they sync Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2), but PS3 hackers get auto-removed from the site. That said, there's a lot of people with hacked Big Leagues trophy for BO2, that need removing, but it's a hassle to report each individually. LZwSii7.png

• Like 1