How does the community want the "PS5 OS Autopop 'Glitch'" cheater reports to be handled?

B1rvine

How does the community want the "PS5 OS Autopop 'Glitch'" cheater reports to be handled?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. How many flags for games with impossible timestamps should be waived/dismissed?

• None
    • One game (without the requirement of hiding the game)
    • Two games (without the requirement of hiding the games)
    • Several* (One/two flag(s) issued, to cover all game instances, with the requirement to hide all affected games)
    • Unlimited (with the requirement of hiding the games)
    • Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games)

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Perhaps you should stop speaking with absolute certainty if you, not only have no first-hand experience with this issue, but also have no way to be exposed to or test it.

You're putting down other people who are throwing ideas at the wall by essentially say "no no no you dummy, my friend says..."

It doesn't help anyone, so just stop dude.  Maybe let your friend come and speak for himself

he is quite busy at the moment he already did speak up himself  but eaperently people  ignore it.

also even if I ahd an ps5 I couldnt test it testing it is nexxt to impossible because its not like it happens with every game or all the time so you cnat realy test it because this issue cant be forced.

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

who are the "Big " trophy hunters exactly?  Are you referring to the EZPZ crowd?  we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with EZPZ in the least.  Shouldn't be changing the rules or making exceptions for the guys that hold X for two minutes to pop a platinum.  the only rule changes that should apply to EZPZ is how to stop it from existing. 

the top 500 of the world and maybe more but clearly talking with you is pointless because you are against easy platz  people who disagree with you should be banend for doing nothing wrong.

personaly I dont like those easy platz either  but they are here and arent going anywhere so I have to look past that

22 hours ago, TriadThunder-X said:

Seeing as this flagging may have an effect on non-shovelware games...

If an operating system bug leads to trophies being earned in an impossible timeframe, which could have an effect on 100% fastest leaderboard placement, the game should be flagged and remain so. Trophies were earned not in the intended manner and may be able to be exploited in the future.

This sort of thing is not fair on players who try to get on the 100% fastest leaderboards and should be in the report category of 'trophies earned in an impossible timeframe'. 

After some thought, i think players should have unlimited flags on OS based bugs unlocking trophies, however should be hidden. As CRT may not be able to tell the difference between players knowing about the bug/not knowing and players mistakenly having trophies unlock/exploiting, their bugged trophies should not count towards leaderboards and remain hidden.

I think after some hard though, I can agree to this outcome. While the chances of it affect non-shovelware games are low, it's still possible. Minecraft is an example of a game that isn't shovelware that could probably get caught up in this OS issue. Now, the thing is not only does all 4 members of the CRT need to be on the same page if this were to go through, but so does Sly. & we know in the past that sometimes they have differing opinions on how to handle things & will act individually instead of as 1. Now, I will give props to @B1rvine for opening this post & hearing the communities view on this matter, especially after the blowback this issue has caused. But in order to make something like this a reality, the CRT needs to not undermine itself by one of the members not agreeing & undoing it.

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

For shovelware, well who cares about those games lol

I do agree with that. I don't think a soul is upset that they'd no longer be the fastest achiever on a game that's quicker to platinum than it is to make my lunch. Not to mention, there isn't a soul on planet earth who'd even bother to cheat those games since it'd probably take MORE work to be able to cheat the game than just to platinum it normally.

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Next time there's a PS5 OS beta available, people should probably submit this as a bug through the beta feedback form, unless someone has a better idea. Sony has always been painfully difficult to contact for bugs like this, and previously we used their (now closed) forums to spam issues like this to them.

Also is it even possible to cheat PS5 trophy lists yet? If not then yeah that's easy, it's definitely just the OS bug lol

For the first thing, I doubt it'll ever get fixed personally since the issue eventually corrects itself by popping the trophies you would have unlocked if it was working properly so it's kind of a non-issue to Sony. Especially since I don't really think they care too much if your trophies for your game pop 10 minutes later than they should've since they eventually do pop anyway.

As for the second thing, I know people have jailbroken PS5's already (though apparently it's already fixed in one of the newer OS updates), but I don't think it's possible to cheat any PS5 list just yet. The closest you'll probably get is cheating the PS4 list & auto-popping a PS5 list with that.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

who are the "Big " trophy hunters exactly?  Are you referring to the EZPZ crowd?  we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with EZPZ in the least.  Shouldn't be changing the rules or making exceptions for the guys that hold X for two minutes to pop a platinum.  the only rule changes that should apply to EZPZ is how to stop it from existing. 

Regardless of any site user's distaste for these games, (and I share it,) it's a really bad look for the site to down the road of allowing anti-cheating rules to falsely catch a minority of innocent people, just because the majority don't like the particular legal activities the minority are engaged in.

That would be like saying "I don't like obese people - they shouldn't eat so much fast food, and it's not healthy... so I'm okay with them all being falsely accusing of stealing their food, and letting them all be punished for that."

People need to be free to play these game - or any games - within the rules of site, without fear of being caught up in a web of false accusations and unfair punishment. 

I'd love to see these games dwindle into non-existence - but that shouldn't happen at the cost of the site's integrity. It has to be via the personal choice of the players not to play them.

The poll, so far, is pretty definitively in favour of unlimited waiving of these false flags...

... but I very much doubt many of the (currently) 167 people who voted for unlimited dismissals of these flags is doing so because they are in favour of the kind of games that are currently causing the bug.

I'm certainly not - those games are porridge.

However, endorsing or accepting a situations where rules that exist to punish cheaters are working as a back-door method of punishing non-cheaters, just because the games they are legally playing are objectionable, is a slippery slope, and a pretty nasty precedent.

If this was an OS bug that somehow only affected players who earn loads of super-rare trophies, and they were all being falsely flagged through no fault of their own, what would you think then?

I'd wager you'd set the site on fire before shrugging and accepting that - and rightly so ?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Regardless of any site user's distaste for these games, (and I share it,) it's a really bad look for the site to down the road of allowing anti-cheating rules to falsely catch a minority of innocent people, just because the majority don't like the particular legal activities the minority are engaged in.

That would be like saying "I don't like obese people - they shouldn't eat so much fast food, and it's not healthy... so I'm okay with them all being falsely accusing of stealing their food, and letting them all be punished for that."

People need to be free to play these game - or any games - within the rules of site, without fear of being caught up in a web of false accusations and unfair punishment. 

I'd love to see these games dwindle into non-existence - but that shouldn't happen at the cost of the site's integrity. It has to be via the personal choice of the players not to play them.

The poll, so far, is pretty definitively in favour of unlimited waiving of these false flags...

... but I very much doubt many of the (currently) 167 people who voted for unlimited dismissals of these flags is doing so because they are in favour of the kind of games that are currently causing the bug.

I'm certainly not - those games are porridge.

However, endorsing or accepting a situations where rules that exist to punish cheaters are working as a back-door method of punishing non-cheaters, just because the games they are legally playing are objectionable, is a slippery slope, and a pretty nasty precedent.

If this was an OS bug that somehow only affected players who earn loads of super-rare trophies, and they were all being falsely flagged through no fault of their own, what would you think then?

I'd wager you'd set the site on fire before shrugging and accepting that - and rightly so 1f602.png

I know i'm just giving the guy shit because he referred to them as the "big trophy hunters" like the rest of us who actually try at it are small time players in this hobby.  I'm not sure how the integrity of the site will be effected most though by creating a situation where we let some people start cheating real games or by falsely accusing people who aren't actual cheating spam x games.  in this situation it's a bit of a damned if you do or damned if you don't.  I really think people should be innocent until proven guilty though.  I'm just stoking the fire a bit.  Don't mid me i'm not in the top 500 i'm just a small timer.

I voted to give them 2 chances by the way.  I figure that was enough to learn to let the list load in before you start spamming x for the day.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I'm not sure how the integrity of the site will be effected most though by creating a situation where we let some people start cheating real games or by falsely accusing people who aren't actual cheating spam x games.  in this situation it's a bit of a damned if you do or damned if you don't.  I really think people should be innocent until proven guilty though.  

True - though TBH, it's actually pretty hubristic for the CRT to base their decisions on the assumption that in all other situations, they are fool-proof.

I mean, in any "legal system" there will be a minority contingent of the rule-breakers who are too smart to get caught. I would assume there are some CFW users/ hackers/ time-stamp-editors etc. who are just too good at it to ever be detected...

...but the solution to that can't be "well, we'll call everyone a cheater then, because we can't tell the difference" ?

In the end, the best the site can hope for is common sense, and a "beyond a shadow of a doubt", "innocent before proven otherwise" mentality - and an acceptance that in some scenarios, distinguishing is impossible, so the CRT have to err on the side of leniency, or risk losing legitimacy in other, more obviously fraudulent situations. :dunno:

If there's one point we can agree on it's this:

Let's just play better games than these ones, and hopefully, then the whole issue will become moot! ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

True - though TBH, it's actually pretty hubristic for the CRT to base their decisions on the assumption that in all other situations, they are fool-proof.

I mean, in any "legal system" there will be a minority contingent of the rule-breakers who are too smart to get caught. I would assume there are some CFW users/ hackers/ time-stamp-editors etc. who are just too good at it to ever be detected...

...but the solution to that can't be "well, we'll call everyone a cheater then, because we can't tell the difference1f602.png

In the end, the best the site can hope for is common sense, and a "beyond a shadow of a doubt", "innocent before proven otherwise" mentality - and an acceptance that in some scenarios, distinguishing is impossible, so the CRT have to err on the side of leniency, or risk losing legitimacy in other, more obviously fraudulent situations. :dunno:

If there's one point we can agree on it's this:

Let's just play better games than these ones, and hopefully, then the whole issue will become moot! 1f602.png

Yeah i've been playing this Hunter Call of the wild and loving it so much I was thinking about giving up playstation trophies and just playing it and getting big game trophies for my lodge.  the game has more playability for the long haul than any game i've ever seen.  At the same time it will scratch that completinist and competitiveness itch.  Then i can be removed from trophy and leaderboard concerns for good.

• Like 1

The trophy list does load up eventually while you're playing the game so what it truly only affects is shovelware when you can usually meet the requirements for the platinum before the trophy list loads up, then once you load the game back up after the trophy list loads it will autopop that platinum. For bigger games, your first few minutes of the your play session might be affected if there are any trophies you can unlock there but for the most part people probably won't have big problems with bigger games than shovelware regarding trophy time stamps. The big problem here would be that it could affect trophies in another way where you fulfill the requirements of the trophy within the first few minutes of launching the game before the trophy list has loaded and then after that the trophy won't unlock again because it isn't set to autopop based on the requirement being met previously. This could actually cause people to give themselves an unobtainable trophy for online only games that don't retroactively unlock trophies that previously had their requirements met so for good measure it might be worth waiting for your trophy list to load up before resuming a play session.

I also think it might be something that Sony can't fix because it might be a hardware limitation of the PS5 where it'll consistently affect people that have thousands of trophy lists to load up on their account when they launch their PS5, maybe when they release a PS5 pro the issue will be fixed for those profiles. Makes me wonder if there could be a trophy list cap where having too many games on your list at some point will stop you ever being able to load new trophy lists again. At least for offline only games you can circumvent this problem by playing the game on a blank user and then logging into your PSN account after getting the trophies there. 

Edited by Sergen

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

The trophy list does load up eventually while you're playing the game so what it truly only affects is shovelware when you can usually meet the requirements for the platinum before the trophy list loads up, then once you load the game back up after the trophy list loads it will autopop that platinum. For bigger games, your first few minutes of the your play session might be affected if there are any trophies you can unlock there but for the most part people probably won't have big problems with bigger games than shovelware regarding trophy time stamps. The big problem here would be that it could affect trophies in another way where you fulfill the requirements of the trophy within the first few minutes of launching the game before the trophy list has loaded and then after that the trophy won't unlock again because it isn't set to autopop based on the requirement being met previously. This could actually cause people to give themselves an unobtainable trophy for online only games that don't retroactively unlock trophies that previously had their requirements met so for good measure it might be worth waiting for your trophy list to load up before resuming a play session.

it can happen after the trophy list is loaded up so at best it decreases the chance of it happening the issue with big games is you dont complete those games in 15 minutes  so it doesnt relay excist but if you have that issue and you get all trophies in 2 minutes yes then you have 100% the game realy fast.  this issue happens with big games as well  because its way less noticible because you dont 100% complete those in the time the issue lasts

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I also think it might be something that Sony can't fix because it might be a hardware limitation of the PS5 where it'll consistently affect people that have thousands of trophy lists to load up on their account when they launch their PS5, maybe when they release a PS5 pro the issue will be fixed for those profiles. Makes me wonder if there could be a trophy list cap where having too many games on your list at some point will stop you ever being able to load new trophy lists again. At least for offline only games you can circumvent this problem by playing the game on a blank user and then logging into your PSN account after getting the trophies there. 

oh sony should be able to fix this but they need to care first

31 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

it can happen after the trophy list is loaded up so at best it decreases the chance of it happening the issue with big games is you dont complete those games in 15 minutes  so it doesnt relay excist but if you have that issue and you get all trophies in 2 minutes yes then you have 100% the game realy fast.  this issue happens with big games as well  because its way less noticible because you dont 100% complete those in the time the issue lasts

oh sony should be able to fix this but they need to care first

You continually claim to know how this works, to know what will not work to deal with it. I’d like to know how you know these things. An issue that only has the potential to affect a small number of people to start with, that already only seems to occur under a very specific set of circumstances, and yet somehow you already know that the potential solutions or workarounds being discussed don’t always work and start conjuring hyperbolic scenarios, hurling insults and making assumptions about people’s motives any time they question or disagree with you. If you have evidence of your claim, please provide it. If this issue is to be resolved, it will have to be done with logic and evidence, not “Source: trust me, bro. (Or in your case, ‘trust my bro’”)

You say your friend has already spoken of this issue, and is now too busy to weigh in with whatever experience(s) they had that have contributed to your opinion; if you can provide a link to that, it might help. This is a big forum, and not everyone can see everything all the time. Perhaps you did and it was just missed. I dug in to the forum posts for both the profiles you listed, and saw nothing at all resembling proof of your claims, merely discussion of a video that supposedly exists but wasn’t provided to the proper authorities or linked, which again falls under “trust me, bro.” If there’s something I missed, please share it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashande said:

You continually claim to know how this works, to know what will not work to deal with it. I’d like to know how you know these things. An issue that only has the potential to affect a small number of people to start with, that already only seems to occur under a very specific set of circumstances, and yet somehow you already know that the potential solutions or workarounds being discussed don’t always work and start conjuring hyperbolic scenarios, hurling insults and making assumptions about people’s motives any time they question or disagree with you. If you have evidence of your claim, please provide it. If this issue is to be resolved, it will have to be done with logic and evidence, not “Source: trust me, bro. (Or in your case, ‘trust my bro’”)

You say your friend has already spoken of this issue, and is now too busy to weigh in with whatever experience(s) they had that have contributed to your opinion; if you can provide a link to that, it might help. This is a big forum, and not everyone can see everything all the time. Perhaps you did and it was just missed. I dug in to the forum posts for both the profiles you listed, and saw nothing at all resembling proof of your claims, merely discussion of a video that supposedly exists but wasn’t provided to the proper authorities or linked, which again falls under “trust me, bro.” If there’s something I missed, please share it.

I already gave up his psn names multiple times  it takes you literlay like seconds  to look it up. if your too lazy to even do that yeah sory then your lost.

also he dislikes the forum so he hardly post he only posts in this topic 2 times maybe and in his disputes  nothing else. (I wonder why)

I asked him again when I spoke him earlier today on the phone and he confirmed it  then again as well  now lets disect your post.

how I know these things my friend told me and i trust him with my life I actualy advocated earlier issues for the crt actualy to look at it as well from their perspective.  in this case however  the fault is with them or at least how they handle these flags and by spreading misinformation.

then a smal portion of people? at the moment yes but unless sony fixxes this (gl with that)  it will happen to more and more since the big trophy hunters have the most games etc ofcourse they are the first to experience it as well altough eaperently someone hd the issue as well with just 400 games (it was 1 of the recent disputes I dont remember which one)

there are no solutions or workarounds  at leats not known yet  the cheater removal team keeps saying there is but they  refuse to tell what it is then  the only thing they told is wait 15 minutes after starting your system to start playing. that doesnt work  so unless you know something  I dont this argument is BS

and about the evidence side this isnt anything that you cna proof unless you hunt for a long time and record yourself every waking moment your playing  because it doesnt happen always. yet that it can be prevented isnt proven either so where is YOUR evidence that you cna prevent it?

finaly you are making false claims those videos where provided  to the cheater removal team  so that claim is just false

49 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

I already gave up his psn names multiple times  it takes you literlay like seconds  to look it up. if your too lazy to even do that yeah sory then your lost.

also he dislikes the forum so he hardly post he only posts in this topic 2 times maybe and in his disputes  nothing else. (I wonder why)

I asked him again when I spoke him earlier today on the phone and he confirmed it  then again as well  now lets disect your post.

how I know these things my friend told me and i trust him with my life I actualy advocated earlier issues for the crt actualy to look at it as well from their perspective.  in this case however  the fault is with them or at least how they handle these flags and by spreading misinformation.

then a smal portion of people? at the moment yes but unless sony fixxes this (gl with that)  it will happen to more and more since the big trophy hunters have the most games etc ofcourse they are the first to experience it as well altough eaperently someone hd the issue as well with just 400 games (it was 1 of the recent disputes I dont remember which one)

there are no solutions or workarounds  at leats not known yet  the cheater removal team keeps saying there is but they  refuse to tell what it is then  the only thing they told is wait 15 minutes after starting your system to start playing. that doesnt work  so unless you know something  I dont this argument is BS

and about the evidence side this isnt anything that you cna proof unless you hunt for a long time and record yourself every waking moment your playing  because it doesnt happen always. yet that it can be prevented isnt proven either so where is YOUR evidence that you cna prevent it?

finaly you are making false claims those videos where provided  to the cheater removal team  so that claim is just false

You want to talk about “lazy” because someone doesn’t go dig through someone’s forum posts, while at the same time being too lazy to read the part where I specify that I, at least, did look through both accounts forum posts, and found nothing that specifically makes the claims you’re making. Then I asked you to elaborate or cite specifics, as I had not found what you were referencing, which you handwave off, accusing others of being lazy. Yup. 100% sensical.

Then you go on a rant that basically confirms that your only reason for this claim is, quite literally, “trust me, bro.” Bravo.

”Small portion,” yes. Which was not in any way dismissing the claims, as your response seems to indicate, but more “we don’t have a large enough sample size to properly dissect this, especially when people supposedly affected can’t or won’t provide evidence or further information, because ‘reasons,’ yet you magically know that the suggested potential fixes aren’t going to work and can prove it, but won’t, because other people are lazy.” Cool story.

You say the CRT “refuses to tell what it is” regarding a workaround. Then turn around and say they said to “wait 15 minutes,” which would be them telling you what the believed workaround is. You say “that doesn’t work,” but have shown no proof or indication that it does not or an explanation of why it would not. You’ve also shot down other, non-staff but still seemingly reasonable workarounds (forcing a trophy sync or waiting to start earning trophies until it actually shows in your profile) claiming those won’t work either, again, with no explanation or evidence.

So far as “evidence that cna[sic] prevent it,” sadly I don’t have it, because my profile isn’t large enough to trigger the bug and I don’t play piles of Pay4Plats that rack up 50+ trophies in a few minutes. You’ll notice, if you’re not too lazy to look, that I did suggest an experiment - that being finding someone with a profile large enough, or even a previous assumed victim, hand them $10 in PSN credit to download a pair of these games and test out whether a forced sync would sidestep the issue, which is at least an attempt to get some evidence (and, hey, if it turns out we’re wrong, that’s fine, too; at least the experiment would have been made and we’d have learned something. Cool concept, eh?)

And I’m not making any claims that weren’t made by the posts that are available on this site. Your dear friend claimed he made a video but didn’t want to send it to the CRT for fear he’d get flagged. Thus, my claim is made based on the evidence available. Evidence that I had to go rooting around for, because you’re just so busy (and obviously not lazy yourself) that you couldn’t provide a link. I’m sure it’s not because it doesn’t show what you claim it does, or anything. If it was provided to them after that, no specific mention was made of it, and no one else has seen this video except maybe you, and we’re back to “trust me, bro.”

For posterity, here’s where your friend directly states he did not send the video to CRT: 

I took screenshots, too, just in case.

But you believe what you want to believe, assume everyone is against you, and keep ignoring the parts of posts you don’t like, don’t want to address, or that you were too… occupied.. to actually read, while flinging insults and accusations at everyone. I’m sure that will help.

Edited by Ashande
Random italics removal
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ashande said:

You want to talk about “lazy” because someone doesn’t go dig through someone’s forum posts, while at the same time being too lazy to read the part where I specify that I, at least, did look through both accounts forum posts, and found nothing that specifically makes the claims you’re making. Then I asked you to elaborate or cite specifics, as I had not found what you were referencing, which you handwave off, accusing others of being lazy. Yup. 100% sensical.

Then you go on a rant that basically confirms that your only reason for this claim is, quite literally, “trust me, bro.” Bravo.

”Small portion,” yes. Which was not in any way dismissing the claims, as your response seems to indicate, but more “we don’t have a large enough sample size to properly dissect this, especially when people supposedly affected can’t or won’t provide evidence or further information, because ‘reasons,’ yet you magically know that the suggested potential fixes aren’t going to work and can prove it, but won’t, because other people are lazy.” Cool story.

You say the CRT “refuses to tell what it is” regarding a workaround. Then turn around and say they said to “wait 15 minutes,” which would be them telling you what the believed workaround is. You say “that doesn’t work,” but have shown no proof or indication that it does not or an explanation of why it would not. You’ve also shot down other, non-staff but still seemingly reasonable workarounds (forcing a trophy sync or waiting to start earning trophies until it actually shows in your profile) claiming those won’t work either, again, with no explanation or evidence.

So far as “evidence that cna[sic] prevent it,” sadly I don’t have it, because my profile isn’t large enough to trigger the bug and I don’t play piles of Pay4Plats that rack up 50+ trophies in a few minutes. You’ll notice, if you’re not too lazy to look, that I did suggest an experiment - that being finding someone with a profile large enough, or even a previous assumed victim, hand them $10 in PSN credit to download a pair of these games and test out whether a forced sync would sidestep the issue, which is at least an attempt to get some evidence (and, hey, if it turns out we’re wrong, that’s fine, too; at least the experiment would have been made and we’d have learned something. Cool concept, eh?)

And I’m not making any claims that weren’t made by the posts that are available on this site. Your dear friend claimed he made a video but didn’t want to send it to the CRT for fear he’d get flagged. Thus, my claim is made based on the evidence available. Evidence that I had to go rooting around for, because you’re just so busy (and obviously not lazy yourself) that you couldn’t provide a link. I’m sure it’s not because it doesn’t show what you claim it does, or anything. If it was provided to them after that, no specific mention was made of it, and no one else has seen this video except maybe you, and we’re back to “trust me, bro.”

For posterity, here’s where your friend directly states he did not send the video to CRT: 

But you believe what you want to believe, assume everyone is against you, and keep ignoring the parts of posts you don’t like, don’t want to address, or that you were too… occupied.. to actually read, while flinging insults and accusations at everyone. I’m sure that will help.

Theres hundreds of accounts impacted by this. Look fastest times for the Fun, Jumping, and Journey stacks for example you will see hundreds of autopops caused by this bug.

Sony can indeed fix this if they removed the auto trophy sync feature on the PS5. This would prevent the trophies from being queued causing autopopped timestamps since the trophies would pop correctly locally on the console then the user would have to manually sync like the PS3 days. @visvoer18

Majority of people will fall victim to this without even realizing what's going on. Also the fact the PS5 auto syncs the trophies makes it even worse.

Edited by THEONE_EU1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, THEONE_EU1 said:

Sony can indeed fix this if they removed the auto trophy sync feature on the PS5. This would prevent the trophies from being queued causing autopopped timestamps since the trophies would pop correctly locally on the console then the user would have to manually sync like the PS3 days. @visvoer18

They could still keep the auto sync, they just have to make sure that the exact time the trophy requirements are hit is what is noted down, and not this 'queuing' crap they've implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashande said:

exactly what you are doing as well just on the opposite side

they have shown no proof it works as well  an example my friend gave was when he was on his 4th game of the day and he got the issue

yeah I should have been more clear with that I wasnt talking about those videos  he send multiple to them by private mesage even some before his flags. I should have made more clear I meant those

wel it doesnt mather I asked him to reply here 1 more time to say it doesnt work so you cna have what you want.

however he doesnt like posting here due to the drama he aoid it when possible so most likely it will be just 1 post

and I am gonna follow his example this is my last post here about this

anyhow he will reply here at some point today

have a nice day

Unlimited. No hiding.

To paraphrase an old thought, I hate what these shovelware trophy "hunters" stand for, but I'll nonetheless defend their right to stand for it. This seems like an end around to give the middle finger to people who are platting the most useless crap on PSN...but are doing so legitimately.

Hate the game, not the player.

(In the interest of disclosure, I have no alts, and I voted exactly once in this poll. Apparently, some voting choice here means that you are using alts, or so I've been told.)

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone,

My experience about to let the PS5

idle for 15-30 minutes before playing games wil not solve this trophy bug for me.

I can confirm that if i go play games that the problems can start at the first game but most it get starting bugging after i play 2-3-4 easy plat games. I wil get trophys in the beginning normaly but it can happens that the trophys half way during the game wil pop slowly or stop popping and that i need to remove the save and start the ps5 again to get the rest of the trophys. Worse case on my PS4 if i did not look good at how trophys pop it can happen that no trophys pop and in the end all trophys popped at the same time so the timestamps hits all trophys the same.

This trophy bug hits me to if i start a game and before playing go to my trophy list so that i see that the game registered before playing. I’d try different things but i can tell it wil not do any better for me.

Maybe for me it is a little bit complicated because i have 2 accounts that i play on my consoles and i play 99% the same games on my alternate account. What i can see switching my 2 accounts will not do any better for this trophy bug.

I can’t say how other people experience this. But this is from my perspective.

What i think the problem comes from:

1. Sony

2. System/Updates

3. How many accounts installed

4. How many games you own

5. How many games installed

6. How many trophys you got

I think this ALL put together the PS5/PS4 can’t handle it at some moments.

Cheers Richard

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The_Punisher_NL said:

Hello Everyone,

idle for 15-30 minutes before playing games wil not solve this trophy bug for me.

I can confirm that if i go play games that the problems can start at the first game but most it get starting bugging after i play 2-3-4 easy plat games. I wil get trophys in the beginning normaly but it can happens that the trophys half way during the game wil pop slowly or stop popping and that i need to remove the save and start the ps5 again to get the rest of the trophys. Worse case on my PS4 if i did not look good at how trophys pop it can happen that no trophys pop and in the end all trophys popped at the same time so the timestamps hits all trophys the same.

This trophy bug hits me to if i start a game and before playing go to my trophy list so that i see that the game registered before playing. I’d try different things but i can tell it wil not do any better for me.

Maybe for me it is a little bit complicated because i have 2 accounts that i play on my consoles and i play 99% the same games on my alternate account. What i can see switching my 2 accounts will not do any better for this trophy bug.

1. Sony

2. System/Updates

Cheers Richard

So, it happens on PS4 too?

lol, Sony never expected a huge influx of trophies popping like this... So in the end ezpz first make the LB obsolete, then flood the PSN Store, now make bugs on the OS... And don't let me talk about the "big hunters" as now are called...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeepEyes7 said:

So, it happens on PS4 too?

lol, Sony never expected a huge influx of trophies popping like this... So in the end ezpz first make the LB obsolete, then flood the PSN Store, now make bugs on the OS... And don't let me talk about the "big hunters" as now are called...

PS4 games played on PS5 has the issue

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

I think after some hard though, I can agree to this outcome. While the chances of it affect non-shovelware games are low, it's still possible. Minecraft is an example of a game that isn't shovelware that could probably get caught up in this OS issue. Now, the thing is not only does all 4 members of the CRT need to be on the same page if this were to go through, but so does Sly. & we know in the past that sometimes they have differing opinions on how to handle things & will act individually instead of as 1. Now, I will give props to @B1rvine for opening this post & hearing the communities view on this matter, especially after the blowback this issue has caused. But in order to make something like this a reality, the CRT needs to not undermine itself by one of the members not agreeing & undoing it.

I believe in the past, these kind of decisions are made fully by sly. With the example of open source servers (allowed) vs closed source servers (not allowed).

Either it was this one or another gray case, but there was a case were a few CRT members  openly spoke out about it being allowed, but sly rather didnt have it allowed.

So the end, the decision and was it not being allowed, but that is how the CRT works.

First get information, arguments in favour and against a concept and throw it into the group. Ultimately sly decides what he thinks is correct. The CRT will take action on that decision.

... Atleast that is how it worked previously...

42 minutes ago, The_Punisher_NL said:

Hello Everyone,

1. Sony

2. System/Updates

Cheers Richard

One thing I wonder and that I am not sure if tried before, is what happens when you try to boot the game offline (if that is possible)? and then sync it afterwards.

Hell, it should factor out the immediate syncing and checking online for the trophy list, which should help it actually performing like normal.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this OS issue. There appear to be many uncertainties (or misinformation) fluttering around at the moment.

I voted (perhaps a bit hastily) for an option that allows some leeway but also provides some consequences to prevent abuse, especially since the issue primarily affects the fast Plats.

After reading through the thread, I'd probably vote for the 'hide all affected games but not permanently off the leaderboards' option for the same reasons.

Hopefully the issue is addressed soon so we don't have to worry.

38 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

(In the interest of disclosure, I have no alts, and I voted exactly once in this poll. Apparently, some voting choice here means that you are using alts, or so I've been told.)

This brings up an interesting point that hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet: people using alt accounts to vote unfairly skews the straw poll numbers.

(Perhaps accounting for some people's surprise at the results.)

Admittedly I'm not too savvy about alt accounts on this site and which accounts are tied.

But, based on info in this thread, I can clearly see the two NL accounts are the same person and that they voted for the same answer. How is that fair?

• Like 1