How does the community want the "PS5 OS Autopop 'Glitch'" cheater reports to be handled?

B1rvine

How does the community want the "PS5 OS Autopop 'Glitch'" cheater reports to be handled?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. How many flags for games with impossible timestamps should be waived/dismissed?

• None
    • One game (without the requirement of hiding the game)
    • Two games (without the requirement of hiding the games)
    • Several* (One/two flag(s) issued, to cover all game instances, with the requirement to hide all affected games)
    • Unlimited (with the requirement of hiding the games)
    • Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games)

first of all @B1rvine I appreciate that you're willing to listen to community feedback

however, genuine question, u mentioned possibly having a semi whitelist of sorts

how will this be implemented, if a regular white list was never implemented (even tho u yourself were an advocate for it) 

is this something that Sly would have to do himself? if so.. it already appears like a fruitless endeavour 

• Like 4

Users know about a potential OS system bug and may use it to cheat other games.

Users use the OS system bug for fast 100% leaderboard placement.

Once flagged, they use the OS bug as a flag dispute reason and get off free... 

No thanks.

• Like 2

My understanding is that this is more the fault of the PS5's own software correct? If that's the case and it's more the fault of the the system, I personally don't think users should be punished. While it may cause improper timestamps like an improperly done vita trick, this seems like something that doesn't require that level of intent or premeditation.

If it's people with very high trophy counts that remain susceptible to this bug, they clearly spent a lot of time and effort already doing things legitimately before.

• Like 2

Hopefully the PS5 gets an update to address this stuff, but I support permanent whitelists for problematic games.

19 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Currently, this issue only appears to affect EZPZ's

It's happened to me recently in a very long/grindy multiplayer game. Luckily, I was able to reload the game and try again...now I just let my PS5 sit idle on whatever game I plan to play for about 15 minutes before continuing.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

How did we handle the PS4 bug that would auto-pop trophies from another game (or something along those lines) when the PS4 was released? I think we should take the same approach here.

As far as the "Fastest Achievers" leaderboard on PS5, they are irrelevant dure to the amount of legit auto-pop games with save transfer from PS4, so, that's not an issue until the devs stop making it possible..

Also, as far as I'm aware, there's currently no way to hack a ps5 to allow people to actually cheat on that system, right? If so, I think all game timestamps should be accepted until there's actually a way to cheat on PS5 (still, I'm completely out of the hacking loop, so I may be wrong and it's already possible to cheat on PS5...)

As for my vote, I think that if it's impossible to cheat games on PS5 (timestamps or save files), so, I think that those plats should be acceptable for now (no need to hide). And this should be subject to revision if a way to cheat on PS5 is found, or if Sony fixes the bug, in either of those cases, the three strike rule should be enforced for games with strange timestamps earned AFTAR said cheat way is found or Sony fixes the bug.

Still, I believe that people that do care about trophies this much should also be wise enough to not take unnecessary risks to ruin their profile.. but that's me at least.. (and I know that the biggest trophy hunters got caught by this bug, but those guys above anyone else, should know not to take unnecessary risks with their profiles..)

• Like 4

I'm conflicted about this. I don't want innocent people to be flagged for this issue yet I don't want bad actors to abuse it either. So I'll choose unlimited without hiding but maybe continue to monitor the situation and if you find people are abusing the leniency, then maybe it'll be worth revisiting and going with one of the other options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I chose the Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games) , however I do believe the OP should have to prove they own a PS5

As amusingly ironic as I find this issue to be, I second this.

I think flagging due to it affecting fastest achiever for quick platinum games is kindof pointless. I think it affecting normal games should probably be  handled on a case by case basis, especially if the person can be proven (had a prior warning) to have known about this