Silent Hill 2 Remake (coming possibly 2024)

ziggypossum

I to this day don’t know why Konami trusted their most decorated game with bloober team of all devs. I really, really hope the game’s great and I shouldn’t judge it off a 20s clip in an incomplete build but it felt like it was silent hill 2 with the melee combat of homecoming and if you played homecoming that’s pretty rough 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman
  • Like 3

Combat looks disappointing. The sound effects sound horrible especially when James shoot.

That x button to mash when youre grabbed looks like something out of a ps2 game. 

Damn Konami and blooper team, you had one job... I hope that was alpha footage otherwise that's what we're gonna get when it releases. 

I hope it turns out great anyway but damn, except for the visuals I wasn't that impressed.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 2

I have to agree, while combat was never any of the Silent Hill games' strong suit, I feel like the combat they showed off could have been a lot more impactful. Every melee hit feels like you're just lightly bonking enemies, the gunshots sound really underwhelming. Even if they implement Adaptive Triggers, it still wouldn't feel satisfying because the sound effects and animations really aren't doing much. When I think of RE2 remake for example, every gunshot feels just right. Hopefully they fix these up before release because it really did not look flattering the way they showcased it on this State of Play.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Sigh. The more I see it the less I want it. And that pretty much sums up everything about the yesterday's State of Play unfortunately. Aside from (maybe) Death Stranding 2 all that I was looking forward to came up way worse than I expected. Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, SH2, etc. What a fail.

SH2 remake looks like it was made for PS2 (no pun intended) with mordern graphics. Animations especially. James stature is weird and his movements are inorganic as F.

I always found the original combat not that bad, keep in mind James was not a fighter, he was just the average citizen that suddenly was going through a nightmare. Of course the combat was clunky, but far from unplayable.

SH2 had tons of 'subtle' things that made you respect its MC James, even his vulnerability and yet, his willingness to keep going... while at the same time, the player could check how messed in the head James is.

TL;DR: I don't want James to be now a John Wick's alterego lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 6:51 AM, Ekir said:

I always found the original combat not that bad, keep in mind James was not a fighter, he was just the average citizen that suddenly was going through a nightmare. Of course the combat was clunky, but far from unplayable.

SH2 had tons of 'subtle' things that made you respect its MC James, even his vulnerability and yet, his willingness to keep going... while at the same time, the player could check how messed in the head James is.

TL;DR: I don't want James to be now a John Wick's alterego lol

I mean, both kill a ton of monsters in the original games, but i can understand the why/reason of comments