Silent Hill 2 Remake (coming possibly 2024)

ziggypossum

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Why only the weakest part of the first three parts? Silent Hill 1 or 3 would have been better.

Silent Hill 2 is a standalone game not connected in any way to 1 or 3 regardless of the brief easter egg conversation about James' fate in SH3.

I also think Silent Hill 1 is the game that needed a remake more than the others but considering the popularity of SH2 which I also love, it's totally understandable.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Silent Hill 2 is a standalone game not connected in any way to 1 or 3 regardless of the brief easter egg conversation about James' fate in SH3.

I also think Silent Hill 1 is the game that needed a remake more than the others but considering the popularity of SH2 which I also love, it's totally understandable.

The conversation regarding James happens in SH4, not 3.

But yeah, you're right on the reasoning behind their choice. 

• Like 1

After watching all the trailers I'm looking forward to returning to silent hill. I've not visited since 2005, after finishing SH4 the room.

The remake looks exactly how I remember playing 2 all those years ago. I still have my collectors edition with the stickers intact in my attic. I even remember going into Electronic Boutique on a cold winters evening on my day off work to buy it.

So day one purchase. Time to get lost in silent hill all over again.

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've got to hand it to Bloober Team... watching this trailer actually made the HD Collection look good in comparison. As botched as those releases are, it can't shit on SH2's legacy anymore than this remake will. I can only assume anyone excited for this isn't aware of Bloober Team's track record. Silent Hill 2 deserved better.

im well aware of Bloobers track record and have been very vocal about them working on this game. Doesnt change im still interested in this and will keep an open mind.

EDIT: yall know Masashiro ITo is working on this right? That means a lot of the visual elements will be approved BY HIM. I trust him so if we are gonna criticize the visual style that also means criticizing the same person who was infulentional in how the series looks.

Edited by JPtheNeurotic
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Y'all kill me. We collectively yearned for years for Silent Hill to come back and now that it's here I'm seeing 90% complaints smh 

I actually understand. I think it valid to be waryof any new Silent Hill game. Ive been a fan since I was 12 years old after renting SIlent HIll 2 and seeing a lot of the way the series has been handled SUCKS.

But Im not someone who doesnts want to live in the past and just assume the worse either. And the reality is you have ot move forward, warts and all.  Maybe all these prohects will turn out terrible but i have no idea and its not worth dwelling on that imo. I think people should be cautious and I will not berate them for that but it be nice to see a little more postiviity and critical thinking .

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

The conversation regarding James happens in SH4, not 3.

But yeah, you're right on the reasoning behind their choice. 

In SH3 they don't actually mention James but when Sharon asks the detective if he's ever been in Silent Hill before he says that he's been once before looking for a missing person that he wasn't able to find. 

23 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Y'all kill me. We collectively yearned for years for Silent Hill to come back and now that it's here I'm seeing 90% complaints smh 

On one hand I understand it considering past events, but on the other hand it's (imo) just more needless toxic negativity to go with misplaced toxic positivity.

People will be people, I guess? lol Caution is, nonetheless, always best advised regardless of where one stands on something like this.

I'm personally on the fence. I don't trust Konami, nor know how to feel about Bloober, but I'm also happy to see SH getting something other than just a pachinko game. lmao

Whether or not I'll retain that happiness remains to be seen, but I'll take no solid positive or negative stance until I see the end result and how most people react to it.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

I wish I could be as optimistic as many others in here, but SH2 is literally my favorite game ever and I see nothing even remotely appealing so far. 

Even James' design is all fucked up. He's supposed to be a generic looking 29 y/o man (yeah, you heard that right, TWENTY NINE) yet he now looks like a 60 year old man going through midlife crysis. He now looks like Leon Kennedy's dad, lol. 

I fear for how the other humans are going to look... Specially Laura, she's a child so hopefully she won't be an uncanny valley abomination. 

In what world is that version of James 60? He looks the right age to me. Game looks good, some people from the original are involved, the important ones anyway. What’s with the hyper critical takes? It’s Unreal Engine 5, so you know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've got to hand it to Bloober Team... watching this trailer actually made the HD Collection look good in comparison. As botched as those releases are, it can't shit on SH2's legacy anymore than this remake will. I can only assume anyone excited for this isn't aware of Bloober Team's track record. Silent Hill 2 deserved better.

This could only help the legacy of Silent Hill 2, making it playable to more people on modern hardware is the goal. This is gonna be the superior version I bet. 

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

That’s gamers for ya. Makes me not wanna call myself one.