Silent Hill 2 Remake (coming possibly 2024)

ziggypossum

Great, a remake to a game that never needed one, made by terrible developer whose last game was a wanna be Silent Hill game with no nuance or complexity and was very problematic towards people with trauma and mental illness. 

Thanks a lot Konami. A port of the old games on modern system or Steam would be better. ?

Because fuck them | Konami | Know Your Meme

• Like 4

The worst gaming industry company in history starting out what is likely supposed to turn into a remaking spree by picking the second game of a series to be remade first instead of the first game, or doing it like Spyro and Crash and just releasing them all together. Safe to say that getting hyped for this is almost guaranteed to lead to disappointment. Even if you overlook this dumb decision, Konami has an ATROCIOUS track record for remasters/remakes, one of the worst imaginable given that they actually managed to break shit so badly that they had to release patches to fix it again, there is no reason to believe that this one will be any different.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Great, a remake to a game that never needed one, made by terrible developer whose last game was a wanna be Silent Hill game with no nuance or complexity and was very problematic towards people with trauma and mental illness. 

Thanks a lot Konami. A port of the old games on modern system or Steam would be better. 1f601.png

Because fuck them | Konami | Know Your Meme

The Medium?

and yeah ill buy SH2 remake only cause it's probably cheaper than OG SH2 etc.

but yeah, hopefully it releases by mid Q2. Focus on the new entry.

1 minute ago, blake__306 said:

That would be cool if Silent Hill 1 came to PS1 Classics with trophy support along with this remake. 

should have remade SH1 then SH2

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

The Medium?

and yeah ill buy SH2 remake only cause it's probably cheaper than OG SH2 etc.

but yeah, hopefully it releases by mid Q2. Focus on the new entry.

should have remade SH1 then SH2

Yeah, Medium. I'm not gonna buy, cause I don't want to support terrible developers, let alone Konami. There is a way to play the PC version by downloading the Enhanced Edition. People should be supporting those people that put in the work and not this. Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition Working To Make The Remaster Fans Deserve -  DREAD XP

• Like 2

I'll reserve judgement until it's released instead of beforehand, but here's hoping it turns out good despite Konami's and (supposedly) Bloober's track records.

Not surprised they chose to remake the second game first given its popularity, and the fact that (IIRC) it doesn't really tie into the cult plotline like the others.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

They are literally doing whatp eople wanted which is to make video games again and invest in them.

From what I know, what most people wanted from them was them to sell all their gaming licenses to companies that are not entirely made out of ghouls. Aside from maybe Bethesda I would take any other company over Konami being in charge of these licenses, even the usual stinkers.

Just now, Dauersack said:

From what I know, what most people wanted from them was them to sell all their gaming licenses to companies that are not entirely made out of ghouls. Aside from maybe Bethesda I would take any other company over Konami being in charge of these licenses, even the usual stinkers.

THats honestly really dumb and short sighted. Especially because I honestly have no idea who should really tackle them?? Maybe Frictionless games but I dont want SOny. MS, or Nitendo owning them.

5 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

THats honestly really dumb and short sighted. Especially because I honestly have no idea who should really tackle them?? Maybe Frictionless games but I dont want SOny. MS, or Nitendo owning them.

I really does not matter at all, there is likely no other company out there capable of doing a worse job than Konami. Just look at the mess that was past Silent Hill remakes/remasters, them just removing shit not thinking about how it would affect the game, them planting new bugs in such an old game, there are videos out there summarizing it, and the standards in the industry have dropped severely since then so just imagine what Konami, a company that was on the forefront of terrible standards for their games and their treatment of employees, will produce now. Sometimes I envy peoples short memory and seemingly endless naivety that a company delivering nothing but scandals and showing nothing but contempt to their employees and customers would suddenly produce a good game ?

Edited by Dauersack

1 minute ago, Dauersack said:

I really does not matter at all, there is likely no other company out there capable of doing a worse job than Konami. Just look at the mess that was past Silent Hill remakes/remasters, them just removing shit not thinking about how it would affect the game, them planting new bugs in such an old game, there are videos out there summarizing it, and the standards in the industry have dropped severely since then so just imagine what Konami, a company that was on the forefront of terrible standards for their games and their treatment of employees, will produce now. Sometimes I envy peoples short memory and seemingly endless naivety that a company delivering nothing but scandals and showed nothing but contempt to their customers would suddenly produce a good game 1f602.png

I remember it all. its also been years since and its pretty obvious Konamai has been trying to reverse the past years.

I stand by what I say: I dont want Konami to sell their franchises. I rather they work on themselves and improve.

Still cautious about the remake but this makes al ot of sense to me-especailly with ITO and YAMOAKA back on board.

• Like 1