Don't even bother trying for MP trophies legit, you will regret it

29 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I've done that a few times, recently did it in Army of Two even though i didn't get the trophies myself. I could never join someone's session and ruin it. If i play an old dead game and find people boosting i either message them if i can join/help or just leave them to it. Worst game I've boosted is Driver San Francisco before servers went down, lots of trophy hunters playing and a fair few from here, i couldn't believe how many were joining sessions and just ruining it, ignoring messages as well to join our session and stop wasting everyone's time. 

this. when a random from psnp asked if he could join our session of Arkham Origins, i was just shocked some asked to join, instead of being an ass. Rare occurrence to say the least.

I'm sure OP will take everything people said - to his benefit - into account in the future and take things less seriously.

Also gotta drop the monetary considerations.

I play competitive online every day. Learning to deal with certain people's toxicity... is a process.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

I enjoyed the game so much I Platted it twice!

TLDR by OP:

OP went legit to get some trophies that required MP but was met with people playing the game for fun and wouldn't straight up help so hate mail ensued.  

*The experience had by OP is not worth a forum post itself, but the responses and ongoing banter have saved it. Thank you all for your participation.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, audiopile said:

I enjoyed the game so much I Platted it twice!

Me too. Quite possibly my favorite 3rd-person action adventure campaign outside Naughty Dog.

I even ended up enjoying the MP. It was worse on PS3 because of the terrible performance (Framerate? Lag? Dunno).

And yes, by the time I played it on each system most of the people playing MP excelled at using all possible exploits. But after a while you kinda learn to deal with it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone is dunking on the OP but honestly that was a pretty great rant. Almost reached MrTacoNinja levels with that one. I’m sure it was very cathartic too. Sometimes we all need to scream into the ether like that after playing a multiplayer game or boosting some trophies, most of us have been there man. Don’t let that shit phase ya too hard man.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Everyone is dunking on the OP but honestly that was a pretty great rant. Almost reached MrTacoNinja levels with that one. I’m sure it was very cathartic too. Sometimes we all need to scream into the ether like that after playing a multiplayer game or boosting some trophies, most of us have been there man. Don’t let that shit phase ya too hard man.

Eh. Could be that a rant is one thing, but being an ass to the first person to respond (with a fairly innocent response imo) is another.

?‍♂️

11 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Eh. Could be that a rant is one thing, but being an ass to the first person to respond (with a fairly innocent response imo) is another.

?‍♂️

Well considering the guy was in a rage and the first comment was a snarky reply, what else could you really expect lol. That guy poked the bear when he could have given it a hug and told it to take a deep breath instead. ?

Well, I don't have much to add hear except that is one helluva rant!  Epic rant for sure whether you agree with the OP or not.  I will say this.  I played and platinumed this waaay back when it came out in 2013 and yeah, "tacked on" multiplayer for sure.  No one asked for or wanted a multiplayer mode for Tomb Raider and yeah, it was a pain-in-the-ass grind boosting the mp trophies and getting to level 60.  I can't say it was a lot of fun, but we all want the platinum so....?‍♂️ Fortunately, I found a few good, like-minded trophy hunters to boost with and we got it done.  Thank God! ?

• Like 2

Any game with an online multiplayer that is older than 5 years forget about doing it legit, you will lose your sanity by the time you reach the end, the only people present playing is the small community that know every single inch of the game and I tell you won't have any fun, even less if you react to their taunts and insults.

No shame in boosting and find groups to have some fun with, online trophies shouldn't even be a thing Imo, it only leads to stress and drama when the servers shutdown.

• Like 1

I feel the OP’s pain. This is one of the worst MP experiences I’ve ever had. Bouncing bunnies with guns sums it up. I platted this shit in 2014, yet I swear I had interactions with the same guy the OP is ranting about. Guy found me in a lobby and kept sending me invites all week. Dude, I’m only here for the trophies! Why on earth would I spend a second of my time longer with this MP crap?!? 
I soloed that Level 60 grind on the Beach. Watched a bunch of movies on the side will collecting scrap. The horror… the horror! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Since there's no hug emoticon here's a virtual fist bump :highfive:

Ps: Most people online are like that, just don't enable them.

If you let them. I used to trash talk back to people during the days I played Red Dead Redemption 1 on PS3, when PS3/Xbox 360 was still current gen. Then I received some threats and I learned to stop doing so. 

7 hours ago, Ninjise said:

Any game with an online multiplayer that is older than 5 years forget about doing it legit, you will lose your sanity by the time you reach the end, the only people present playing is the small community that know every single inch of the game and I tell you won't have any fun, even less if you react to their taunts and insults.

No shame in boosting and find groups to have some fun with, online trophies shouldn't even be a thing Imo, it only leads to stress and drama when the servers shutdown.

There’s no point, unless you know you can do the multiplayer legit without issue. Playing against veterans of Street Fighter or Tekken for some virtual bling is the absolute worst. Fighting games are even worse than the whiny kids in GTA Online.

• Like 1

I am now dreading doing the online trophies for this game. Like I wanted to try legit, but sounds like I'll just have a repeat of the abuse I got when doing Resistance 2's online daily in the last weeks of its online play, before the server shutdown. I remember those 10k kills online and was really annoyed at players sending me messages about how bad I was at the game. Didn't respond cause I knew better like most of us do by now. I just knew I had to get a minimum of a 100 kills a day every day and then I could quit the madness and play something fun.

I’ll just latch onto this crazy thread since it fits.

this MP isn’t fun at all lol. I managed to get in a game on PS4 pretty quick, but anyone good just hops around like idiots and kill you with a pistol that shoots fast or shotgun in seconds. I don’t get what they get out of playing like that either. Seems really annoying and boring to spawn room camp in that cave level on that mode where one team has to get med packs and the other kills.

but, I did get my two grenade kills from the skill that drops a grenade and that makes me laugh because I’m so terrible and yet still got them. And my last round legit I did get 9 kills, only one less than the best good player,  but that is useless when I was on the side that has to get the med kits lmao. 

plus the lag, people teleport all over the place. idk, something about how this game controls just doesn’t feel fluid enough for me. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2022-10-28 at 6:51 AM, Xillynoc said:

I mean, I would advice against playing this garbage fire of a game regardless, but...maybe you need to take several chill pills too.

C’mon the game was great in many ways… Was it the best game ever made? No. Could it have done some things better? Yes. But it was a fun reboot even though it was the weakest of that trilogy in my opinion, it’s still a very good game especially for it’s time. To call the game a garbage fire is way too harsh

8 hours ago, Rawzix said:

C’mon the game was great in many ways… Was it the best game ever made? No. Could it have done some things better? Yes. But it was a fun reboot even though it was the weakest of that trilogy in my opinion, it’s still a very good game especially for it’s time. To call the game a garbage fire is way too harsh

No, I'm gonna stick to that opinion. In its attempt to emulate Uncharted rather than actual previous Tomb Raider titles, Tomb Raider 2013 ends up being Shock Value: The Game at the expense of literally anything else. With a meandering story, one-note stereotypical characters, dull gameplay and nary any actual tombs to raid, what you're left with is shit constantly blowing up or falling apart around Lara at the drop of a hat or the slightest interaction from her if she's not just dying in some overly gruesome way during the hundreds of instant-kill moments and areas scattered throughout the game and exacerbated by the poor traversal and platforming controls. It's a doable platinum - not a Wolfenstein II situation by any means - but it is not a satisfying one. The only good entry in this godforsaken trilogy is Rise, and even then it's just good, not great.

• Like 1