Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

18 hours ago, SwiftlyPaws said:

I want to sign up again.

December might be a month I won’t be able to game much so I’ll stick to 5 games.

Far Cry 4

Lego The Hobbit 

South Park The Stick of Truth

The American Dream

The Playroom VR

All at 0%

And on the side I will be playing The Callisto Protocol

14 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I'm in as always!! Impossible as ways and subject to change.

Infinite Warfare 36%

World War Z 0%

Evil Within 0%

Prey 0%

Ghost Recon Breakpoint 0%

Added. 

Made a couple of changes for my final list ahead of the event starting, largely because I've began making progress again in both Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) and Watch Dogs (PS4) this month.. They've been sat in my backlog for a while (especially Watch Dogs), and I don't really want to forget about the progress I've made and have to start over again.. I may aswell continue those games and attempt to finish them as part of the event.

They've taken the place of DiRT 4 (PS4) and Republique (PS4).

Edited by iXanon

13 hours ago, GT__Jedi said:

I'm about due for another great event.  Sign me up!  My list is...............

1. Cat Quest 2 - 0%

2. The Gardens Between - 0%

3. Spirit of the North - 0%

4. Last Day of June - 0%

5. Outer Wilds - 0%

6. Wytchwood - 0%

7. Whispering Willows - 0%

8. The Last Campfire - 42%

9. Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas - 12%

As you can see, I'm trying to work through the PS Plus catalog 1f604.png

6 hours ago, KimBongUn420 said:

I'll be in again.  Hopefully won't have to do any last minute swaps this time.

• GoW Ragnarok [PS5] - 8%
  • Atelier Sophie DX - 12%
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst - 0%
  • Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning - 0%
  • Ruined King: A League of Legends Story - 0%
  • WRC 9 - 18% 

Welcome aboard

I'd like to sign up again, haven’t participated in a while. One from each system + an unfinished game, should have plenty of time to game over the Christmas holidays!

• Battlefield 1943 (PS3) - 0%
  • God of War II (Vita) - 0%
  • Pyre (PS4) - 0%
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard (PS5) - 0%
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - 28%
Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

@YaManSmevz Damn, brother! That's a very respectable list. Even if you don't get to finish them all I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with them... until you reach the VR missions of MGS2. That thing almost broke me.

Good luck!

Thanks man! The RDR online, MGS2 VR, and XCOM Classic difficulty have me anticipating some swaps, but I'm still excited to get started! Also I must confess to getting a lil help from alcohol to sign up so enthusiastically?

• Like 4

On 11/26/2022 at 9:25 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Good luck to everyone who is starting Thursday and remember you have until the end of December to sign up! :) 

Welp, since my gym schedule is now every Monday and Wednesday, I will have plenty of time to get to work on the list come the 1st. xD

15 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

As usual, I find myself going from "Nah, we straight" to "But I'ma complete some baddies tho!!"

I don't know that I'll be completing 9s and 10s or nuffin, but I do know I'll be completing games that mean a damn to me. I'm still on PS3 mode so I'm excited to knock out a gaming chapter1f60e.png

1. Grand Theft Auto IV

2. XCOM Enemy Within

3. Dead Space

4. God of War

5. God of War II

6. Dynasty Warriors 7

7. Red Dead Redemption

8. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Nervous but down, let's do this!

14 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Thanks, here is my list:

God of War Ragnarok - 40%

Elden Ring - 31%

The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me - 0%

The Callisto Protocol - 0%

TNMT: The Cowabunga Collection - 0%

13 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

I'd like to sign up again, having participated in a while. One from each system + an unfinished game, should have plenty of time to game over the Christmas holidays!

• Battlefield 1943 (PS3) - 0%
  • God of War II (Vita) - 0%
  • Pyre (PS4) - 0%
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard (PS5) - 0%
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - 28%

Best of luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

OK. Once more from the top.

Life has been hectic the last year so this has always failed. Doesn't help that I'm participating in a different completion event on RetroAchievements as well. But we're going to go another round and actually clear parts of the list this time.

1. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - 4%

2. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge - 4%

3. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin - 21%

4. Farming Simulator 17 - 1%

5. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 - 2%

6. Steven Universe: Unleash the Light - 6%

7. FEZ - 23%

8. MonsterBag - 19%

9. Castlevania Advance Collection - 2%

10. Clicker Heroes - 28%

That Vita game is going first, I'm tired of looking at it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Good luck, everyone!

Thanks, I'm gonna need it.

I am definitely focusing on the PS4 version of Persona 5 as I have two trophies in that already. I am breaking down Optinoob's day-by-day walkthrough and figuring out how to remove stuff. I was going to not do confidants but the ones that seemed the most worthless actually have a benefit: They give you stat points on hanging with them. (The Sun and Devil give Charm points, the Star gives Knowledge and you're going to need a TON of it to max Rank, it's the stat that needs the most focus :(, Death gives Guts, Tower and Heirophant give Kindness, and Hanged Man gives Proficiency.) This makes it harder to decide what to cut out.

The problem I see is not the guide but the fact that it was written with these things in mind:

1. You aren't using the DLC Persona so you have to make actual Persona...
  2. Because this guide requires you to play on Merciless difficulty, the hardest difficulty in the game. The reason people do Merciless for Platinuming this game? Because technical damage(damage you get bonuses on when doing a combo of a status condition and a compatible attack that triggers Technical) does TRIPLE damage to everyone, enemy and ally alike, so you will one-shot enemies with weak Persona faster.

The problem is, I don't intend to use weak Persona. I couldn't start from my save but I think I deleted it so I will have to start a new game. But I don't think I will have too much of an issue getting back to that point. What I am doing is removing anything that I don't need to do. I don't intend to play darts or billiards more than once due to the fact that I only need to trigger one technical attack for a trophy and then I can ignore Technical Damage and Baton Passing as I will use the most powerful Persona in the DLC to one-shot all enemies until I get up to Level 25 and can insta-kill enemies in the second palace. I just don't feel like I need to max out everything. Also, the walkthrough on this site is okay, but it is a guide for 100% the game, and after the horrors of missing a book three days before the final dungeon of Persona 4 Golden, I prefer not to go through that experience again. :(

I think I will start Persona 5 Royal again on December 2, using the first for my three quick easy games to get them out of the way. since Persona 5 Royal and Dark Cloud 2 will take up the entire event due to their grinds.

• Like 3