The Witcher 3 next-gen update releases December 14th

Larzz

I haven't played witcher 3 because i wait for this update. The ps4 pro update introduce many visual issues and for that reason i didn't want to play the game on my ps4. The decision to release a physical version is a huge plus (hope is all in the blu ray and not a stupid code?). I wonder if they have fixed some know bugs, like the Wolf Gear chest.

Very nice!! Guess I need to slowly start getting to work on remastering my Platinum Speedrun for this along with a PSNProfiles Gameplay Walkthrough guide. Will be a nice guide for December hopefully.

I wonder if the NG+ exploit will still work to start the game on NG+

Though, I'm not certain they will keep the trophy list the same, also a chance they may add some new stuff in terms off tracking collectibles and such, hopefully something better for card tracking.

Likely they will keep the same list, but Im unsure with this one. They seem to have take extra care with this so who knows, what do they mean by the 'mods' even....

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Very nice!! Guess I need to slowly start getting to work on remastering my Platinum Speedrun for this along with a PSNProfiles Gameplay Walkthrough guide. Will be a nice guide for December hopefully.

I wonder if the NG+ exploit will still work to start the game on NG+

Though, I'm not certain they will keep the trophy list the same, also a chance they may add some new stuff in terms off tracking collectibles and such, hopefully something better for card tracking.

Likely they will keep the same list, but Im unsure with this one. They seem to have take extra care with this so who knows, what do they mean by the 'mods' even....

I hope they remove difficulty specific trophies. ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

What exploit???

you started a game on new game on either blood and wine or hearts of stone DLC. you can then use that save on your main game to make your level higher (helpful for level trophy and having a large inventory of items plus gold) still had to complete the game 2 times anyway for completionists.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

I've literally had this game since launch but never bothered to start it for some reason. ?

Looking forward to it now.

19 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Same, I've had it in my backlog since forever but never got to play it. Guess now is a good time!

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Oh hey, I thought I was the only one! ?

Finally have an excuse to start this game and see what all the fuss is about. 

On 11/14/2022 at 11:37 AM, da-Noob123 said:

You are indeed correct but, I am in the US and don't want to jump through hoops to get the GOTY edition. To my understanding, that is an EU version. 

So for me, there are "3" potential stacks. To be honest though, I will probably stick to just one for PS4 and one for PS5. 

No hoops necessary. Just order GOTY edition off Amazon. I've done that for several games. I have the Euro version discs of Control and Witcher 3 installed on my PS5 at the moment, along with the Asian stack of Surviving the Aftermath. I just ordered them off Amazon. It's really easy to get the non-region 1 stacks for larger games. Digital only games, like Stellaris, are trickier.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 4:08 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

What exploit???

Apologies mate, I remembered reading your comment and meant to reply later when I had time, though must have forgotten. Was just thinking about TW3 now and your comment came back to me, so sorry for late reply.

Yea you can load up one of the DLCs, and then make a manual save. Then you go back to the main menu and you can then NG+ from that manual save you made on the DLC!!

Because you start the DLC at level 34 depending on which you choose and with tonnes of gear/coins/resources/recipes/skillpoints, you get a MASSIVE boost for your first playthrough!!

Some will say that NG+ makes the game harder, thats true. BUT, because you haven't played the game before, you wont notice that as the game is going to be difficult for you on Death March from the start regardless, except one methods gives a MASSIVE boost!!

The NG+ difficulty curve is only noticeable if you do NG > NG+, because you would start of hard on NG, the game would then get easier towards the end, and then it would get hard again when you restart on NG+.

Jumping straight in on NG+ gives it nothing to compare to or for you to re-adapt to, so starting Death March on NG or NG+ wont make any difference in difficulty terms!!

What I will say though is that it doesnt seem legitimate, its like an exploit they missed. Being able to start with all that gear is not fair so I just cant decided if i should utilise it or not during a platinum speedrun.

Because i cant decide, im hoping from a guide writers perspective, that the exploit is fixed in the next gen update so that I dont have to decide ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Apologies mate, I remembered reading your comment and meant to reply later when I had time, though must have forgotten. Was just thinking about TW3 now and your comment came back to me, so sorry for late reply.

Yea you can load up one of the DLCs, and then make a manual save. Then you go back to the main menu and you can then NG+ from that manual save you made on the DLC!!

Because you start the DLC at level 34 depending on which you choose and with tonnes of gear/coins/resources/recipes/skillpoints, you get a MASSIVE boost for your first playthrough!!

Some will say that NG+ makes the game harder, thats true. BUT, because you haven't played the game before, you wont notice that as the game is going to be difficult for you on Death March from the start regardless, except one methods gives a MASSIVE boost!!

The NG+ difficulty curve is only noticeable if you do NG > NG+, because you would start of hard on NG, the game would then get easier towards the end, and then it would get hard again when you restart on NG+.

Jumping straight in on NG+ gives it nothing to compare to or for you to re-adapt to, so starting Death March on NG or NG+ wont make any difference in difficulty terms!!

What I will say though is that it doesnt seem legitimate, its like an exploit they missed. Being able to start with all that gear is not fair so I just cant decided if i should utilise it or not during a platinum speedrun.

Because i cant decide, im hoping from a guide writers perspective, that the exploit is fixed in the next gen update so that I dont have to decide ;)

I don't suppose using this exploit would be enough to get Geralt to level 100 at the end of BaW, yes? I finished my full NG playthrough years ago with a level 55 Geralt so doing this exploit will only get him to around 90, unless I start BaW, get to level 45 something (and pick up that beautiful Aerondight) before booting NG+?

that may not be a bad idea, though. Witcher 3 is my all-time favorite game. I spent 400+ hours on it with my old account, but I didn't get to plat it as my friend chose Sword & Story when he started my playthrough. I loathe NG+ in any form, Witcher 3 included, so I never stepped into NG+ either. I'm playing it now, having long reserved it for my 50th plat. having done everything in the game beforehand, though, I feel like I'm no longer obligated to do everything 100% legit this time.

Edited by xurdias

On 20/11/2022 at 2:03 PM, Optinooby said:

No worries, thanks for the reply. ?

I've beaten Witcher 3 three times on all difficulties apart from the very lowest one and one of those playthroughs was a NG+ (on the 2nd hardest difficulty). I do remember NG+ having some weird difficulty spikes but for the most part it was manageable. My final playthrough was NG on Death March which I found easy but, then again, I paired the cat gear with a crit/glass cannon build which made the game a breeze. It also also helped that I knew the game very well at that point and was over-levelled in most cases.  The hardest playthrough was, without a doubt, my very first one on normal difficulty because I didn't know the combat as well, didn't know what Geralt could manage early-game and was still learning the various systems.

For the newest playthrough, I think I'm just gonna start Deathmarch on NG. I hope the exploit is fixed too so that I'm not tempted otherwise lol. It will be interesting trying to obtain all trophies in a single playthrough as what made my platinum experience significantly easier is that I got various trophies between those three different playthroughs, most of which was before I was a trophy hunter so I was playing with a completely different mindset. I'd imagine that trying to pair the trophies with Deathmarch  may prove much more challenging, even frustrating at times. We'll see! 

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

some of the QoL changes are great

full patch notes for those curious https://www.thewitcher.com/en/news/47105/next-gen-update-list-of-changes

This is a big one for me: 

Added a new default map filter. The new filter hides some icons such as "?" and boat icons in order to reduce icon clutter on the map