Sony Reportedly taking steps to ban Shovelware

diskdocx

This is maybe a controversial opinion especially given my views over the past few months, but I think the shovelware games should not be banned, and should continue to be released in great quantities..

Why?

For starters, why on earth has Sony decided to fix it now?! This happened BECAUSE of Sony and is too fucking late imo.

Putting a ban on the games from now gives all the shovelware games up to this point more value. Like, if you found out that FINALLY you can purchase ALL of the shovelware with no new games coming out soon, then well you've just given addicts an incentive to "complete the collection", having a never ending supply of games coming out, gives them all less value, and less reason to continue and more reason to give up.

Also once the shovelware games are not allowed to be released, we will just go back to minimum quality to get on the store and go back to the Ratalaika and My Name Is Mayo days.

So all that will happen is the really REALLY shit shovelware games will go, but then mildly borderline ones will increase and be here to stay.

Too little too late.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

"I would rather have the REALLY shit games posted constantly than regular games with easy trophy lists."

That's you. That's what you're saying right now.

Either way, I am not buying the games, and people who want to buy them I guess it's their right. So it doesn't bother me

Long term, I'd rather try to give people more insensitive to not buy them. Banning them now gives the previous shite more value.

You know as much as I do they won't be "regular games" though, they'll still be low quality, just slightly less low quality, these devs will do the bare minimum to get on the store. It will be like ZJ Ball Level 1, but instead something like Foxy Land 3 Stage 1, Foxy Land 3 Stage 2.

We already have a "half decent" looking Flappy Bird clone doing a similar thing, which is quality wise as bare minimum as you need. Those kind of games will become more popular instead.

Completely outright stopping these shit games, well it's like stopping alcoholics from drinking whiskey and just giving them beer instead.

The genie is out of the bottle, a market has been set, trying to convince people not to buy these games seems a better approach than just banning them outright at this late stage.

Nothing will be solved, we'll just be back to "Ratalaika" era instead.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

You're also ignoring all of the normal indie devs who are having their own games drowned out by the mass of trash. Because that higher level of quality, no matter how much higher, is being expected, it'll at least slow down the shovelware. That is always a good thing. How could that possibly not be a good thing?

That's true, and I agree.

You're not seeing my point though, for this to work, Sony needs to stop these games getting released but more importantly needs to delist all the shite games from the store. Like literally purge all this shit. Slowing down the shovelware is a good start, but the hack devs are just going to find a new way and the fact all these games remain. Even delisting all the shit though, that also makes a mockery of this very forum, first come first served. You already got your hack games but now nobody else can. So then nobody can catch Ikemenzi and co.

People playing these shite games aren't bothered mostly about buying real games anymore anyway. They wouldn't magically buy more indie games just because the shite isn't on offer.

It is unfortunately normal indie devs in general, but that'sSony's fault for not properly curating the store. Infact that's Sony's fault in a lot of ways, EVERY single time a sale is on and you go to "Show All", what do you see? FIFA, Call Of Duty, Grand Theft Auto 5. Having your game listed at the top, companies are giving Sony money to promote their stuff, something which indie games never have.

Sony is shitting on normal indie devs way more than these shit games existing actually is.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

If this is true, then Microsoft’s merger with Activision should be able to go through since Sony is no longer interested in Call of Duty…?

Call of duty games will still come to Playstation

Cod is unrelated 

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

should also ban all the accounts who bought the crap or delete all the trophies from them.

No

• Like 1