Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

Might look into the Cowabunga Collection for G2(anthromorphized animals, since the Turtles used to be animals until they got irradiated with toxic waste xD), since I saw an Afro-American speedrunner speedrun TMNT Shredder's Revenge and while that was a cool game, the platinum for that game requires multiplayer which is impossible for me(as well as requiring you to go deathless and play on the harder difficulty in Arcade Mode which I suck at). After I saw the watch trick for the Cowabunga Collection that lets you skip 99% of the games,
I might look into that collection later this year. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was one of my favorite cartoons I watched in high school and I had seen the Ooze movie(the one with Vanilla Ice as a cameo ^_^) so it'd be cool to visit all of the classic TMNT games that came out.

And yes, I know that I can't cheese the two 16-bit tournament fighters but the collection has a ton of 'cheats' that you can use to make the games much easier for yourself.

Also, might look into Theaterhythm: Final Bar Line for I5(starts with the first letter of your User ID) because, c'mon, it's a Final Fantasy spin-off, and while I despise Rhythm Games after Melody of Memory, I played the demo's FFXIV section and I enjoyed it. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13

17 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I decided to start with the easy Artifex Mundi games of 2023, since last year I also used an Artifex Mundi trilogy (Nightmares From the Deep), this year, I will be using another. This time Eventide. Played the first 2, and were as easy as expected, but I feel like Nightmares from the Deep was a more enjoyable story, at least for me.

I have played through most of the Artifex Mundi series in older accounts, including Nightmares from the Deep, and I do agree that those titles had a much richer story based in the lore of the mythical Davey Jones and undead pirates that would make Jack Sparrow blush, but the one thing that killed those games for me was the stupid mahjong mini-games you have to do. The second was the worst as the first mahjong wasn't available until twenty minutes into the story which is bad as you can't save scum due to Artifex Mundi's policy of auto-saving after you start a puzzle and that counts against you in the time department.

I think Artifex is starting to show their age as the recent releases are way too easy to get the platinum in. I just platinumed both versions of Crime Secrets and it doesn't even require you beat the game. :(

17 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The game deserved better!

Yeah, not to judge but I bet you're one of those people who was hoping for Persona 3 FES to be ported instead of P3P.

4 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I have played through most of the Artifex Mundi series in older accounts, including Nightmares from the Deep, and I do agree that those titles had a much richer story based in the lore of the mythical Davey Jones and undead pirates that would make Jack Sparrow blush, but the one thing that killed those games for me was the stupid mahjong mini-games you have to do. The second was the worst as the first mahjong wasn't available until twenty minutes into the story which is bad as you can't save scum due to Artifex Mundi's policy of auto-saving after you start a puzzle and that counts against you in the time department.

I think Artifex is starting to show their age as the recent releases are way too easy to get the platinum in. I just platinumed both versions of Crime Secrets and it doesn't even require you beat the game. :(

Yeah, not to judge but I bet you're one of those people who was hoping for Persona 3 FES to be ported instead of P3P.

For me the mahjong on Nightmares from the Deep was ok, but in my case, I do enjoy mahjong from time to time, so it didn't bother me. 

It's sad that they are making them more and more into cash grabs now...

I still have the Enigmatis trilogy, as well as 4 other games purchased (Noir Chronicles, Queen Quest 4, Scarlet Mysteries and Uncharted Tides), kind of hope that they aren't as much along the bad trend, since I want to eventually play them (well, except Queen Quest 4.. I probably got it in a bungle with the stand alone games, since I don't remember buying it..). 

I also have a few others in my potential future buys (Grim Legends trilogy, Irony Curtain, Lost Grimoires trilogy and My Brother Rabbit), but maybe I should drop the Artifex Mundi games if they start to be low quality...

Yes, I think that's partly right about Persona 3, since I miss the "world" bit and anime cutscenes of Persona 3, and having to trade the Female story for The Answer is something that I wasn't expecting with a remaster, they could have just as easily patched in The Answer into P3P, since The Answer was always a standalone "game" inside P3FES, not part of the main game..

And as I mentioned, when technically P3P and FF7CC got publicity as having the same treatment (Remasters), P3P feels like (and is) just an upscale straight port of a PSP game, while FF7CC is feels like a proper remaster (well, maybe FF7CC did got extra work done to it when compared to most Remasters, not sure). I think this is likely my main grip with the thing, since Atlus did announce it as a Remaster, not a Port, so, I was expecting more.

• Like 1

Finished the campaign in RWBY: Grimm Eclipse for the "With Gorgeous Vistas" category. "Gorgeous" is subjective, but the game definitely had vistas lol.

B6d75Dm.png

Spoiler

Gensou SkyDrift (Underplayed)

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Anthropomorphized Animals) - Every character in this game is an anthropomorphized animal.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (That You Meant to Play Last Year) - Self-explanatory.

Smoots Summer Games (That You Can Beat in One Sitting) - The story equivalent can be finished in about an hour. The plat can also be finished in one sitting if you have the skill for it (which I didn't).

Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul (Historical Fiction or Mythology) - The story takes place in the 19th century.

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse (With Gorgeous Vistas) - The game has some vistas.

• Like 4

rvxRcLg.png

Two more squares for me:

With player choices or multiple endings: I was planning to play Mass Effect for that, but I will use Bloodshore for this check in it's place. I've bought a few FMV game in the recent sales, and this one, although being the first I played of the bunch, is quite good. Not as good as Late Shift, but that's still the best FMV game imo. I'm also planning on marking the no jump button square with another FMV game called I Saw Black Clouds.

Based on a non-gaming IP: Hogwarts Legacy is great! Well, up until you have to start completing the Merlin Trials, they're quite boring. But other than that I'm just glad that as a Harry Potter fanboy I've got a game on the same level as Jedi Fallen Order as far as non gaming franchises go. I hope we'll get more games in the wizarding world.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Based on a non-gaming IP: Hogwarts Legacy is great! Well, up until you have to start completing the Merlin Trials, they're quite boring. But other than that I'm just glad that as a Harry Potter fanboy I've got a game on the same level as Jedi Fallen Order as far as non gaming franchises go. I hope we'll get more games in the wizarding world.

A little jaded as my dream vacation in Disneyworld might be impossible due to ticket sales, but life is adapatable and since my mom wants to go to Florida anyways to visit my uncle, I won't pass up the opp to spend a few nights at a hotel. ;)

So I might spend the mornings in the Hogwarts park at Universal and evenings playing Legacy. I was going to play the main run of this title at June to commemorate the first Harry Potter book, but that can change. Unfortunately that means that I might just nix the Kingdom Hearts marathon as my initial plan was to go to Disneyworld for the Disney experience. :(

Better start checking prices.

Edited by Taruta13

pBvJQcT.jpg

Spoiler

B1 = Has Snacks ( Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX) The goal is a burger and you can choose what snack it is. 

B2 = Featuring a romance or romance options

B3 = Released the year you joined PSNP 

B4 = Retro Re-release (Originally w/o trophies) 

B5 = Strategy, Simulation or Management 

I1 = Ultra Rare Platinum 

I2 = Sci-Fi or Fantasy Theme 

I3 = Starts with the first letter of your PSNID 

I4 = HYPE! 

I5 = Has no platinum trophy

N1 = Frightening/Horror (Metro Exodus) 

N2 = With minigames in it 

N3 = Player's choice

N4 = Recommended by a psnp member (Mortal Kombat X) 

N5 = Play as an antihero or bad guy

G1 = That you can beat in one sitting (Cat Quest)

G2 = Favourite Genre (Final Fantasy XIII)

G3 = With a female protagonist (inFamous First Light) 

G4 = Redeemed from PS Plus 

G5 = With gorgeous vistas (Immortals Fenyx Rising)

O1 = In a series new to you

O2 = Developed in a foreign country 

O3 = Originally released in 2023 

O4 = Non-Violent 

O5 = One word title

Soon my first row, decided to not only do my favourite genre but also my favourite series with Final Fantasy 

• Like 4

Capture.png

So, I have rolled the credits on other games!

New entries

Last Game You Acquired: Captain Tsubasa: Rise of the New Champions

I completed Tsubasa's story as well as New Hero with Toko Academy with a forward, so I could do a strong forward duo with Hyuga. I really liked the game and looking forward to explore other routes as well as to platinum it. On another note, I would really love Inazuma Eleven games to be on PS4. Glad they released this one.

With a # or Punctuation in the title: .hack//G.U: Last Recode

I had the Vol.4 to complete and so I finished it. Quite short and gives a nice conclusion to the whole story. It's one of those games I really liked when I had a PS2 but never finished it at the time.

DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Muramasa's Rebirth: Fishy Tales of the Nekomata

In an attempt to get some trophies and maybe who knows the platinum, I completed this DLC. Short, not bad, glad to have explored another character and fighting mechanics.

Retro Re-release: Ape Escape 2

I really loved Ape Escape 2 and 3 back in my days of PS2. Glad to play AE2 again!

• Like 4

Since I forgot to quote my last list, I'll have to make a new one. Oh well... :(

Update time!

b24c.png

B1: Robots or Aliens (LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga [PS4])

B2: Adventure (LEGO Bricktales [PS4])

I1: No jump button (Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce)

I2: With a # or punctuation in the title (Queen's Quest 3: End of Dawn)

N1: With a female protagonist (Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily)

N3: Player's Choice (LEGO MARVEL's Avengers [PS4])

N4: Made by an indepedent company (Knightin'+ [PS4])

G1: With an isometric view (Lara Croft GO)

G3: Crafting mechanics (LEGO The Hobbit [PS4])

G4: Has no humans (Chicory: A Colorful Tale [PS4])

G5: With minigames in it (LEGO MARVEL Superheroes 2)

O1: You think you will dislike (LEGO MARVEL Superheroes)

O3: Non-violent (TOEM)

O4: Metroidvania or Roguelike (Shantae and the Seven Sirens [PS5])

So the next game to be in the card is a game I was hoping to play with my four-year old niece, only to find out that she doesn't know how to use an analog stick. xD
I earned the first trophy and said 'oh fine' so I spent TWO FULL DAYS getting everything. I had on the easy-mode options but I didn't feel intimidated by the 'bosses' at all and there was no combat outside of those fights. The worst part was finding all the litter because I was not saving it so I didn't know how many I needed. But I eventually got the 100%, and I tried to place the flag Chicory gave me to make her new house but then I got a cutscene where Purrcus(the bug who translates bug language for you) tells you he got married and made babies in Rice Cake's hair. xD (Rice Cakes was the name I gave for the main character because, well, it's the only thing I can safely snack on without gaining any weight at my age. :( (Tastes decent - spray some butter-flavored cooking spray on them and a little ranch-flavored popcorn salt, and it's the perfect snack. ^_^)

I might plat the PS5 version and this time have my niece mess around with her brush while I play the game. It's a nice calming game, and I can just skip the boss fights and turn on content notifiers so my little nieces won't get scarred for life and get their mom to stick a hypo filled with cocaine in my neck out of rage. (She's a school nurse, so I don't think she has crack but she'll hypo me with something if she finds out that her daughters are having nightmares due to the game. :P)

• Like 2

Updating my card with "Graveyard Keeper" and "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter".

kALgLEL.jpg

B-3: With an isometric view: Graveyard Keeper;

I-2: Anthropomorphized animals: Chicken Police;

I-4: Banned/Censored in a country: The Callisto Protocol was banned in Japan;

G-2: With mystery or detective themes: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek;

G-4: With player choices or multiple endings: Life is Strange;

G-5: Metroidvania or Rogue-like: Axiom Verge 2;

O-3: That you can beat in one sitting: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter took me 3 hours and 20 min;

O-4: Non-human sidekick: In Lost in Random we have the adorable Dicey to help us;

• Like 2