Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

53 minutes ago, Biscoito18 said:

Updating my card with "Ghostwire: Tokyo" and "Paraiso Island". So far 14/25 but no Bingo! yet. 

Oh, you're getting close! You could easily complete the top row or B, G or O columns with the right games. If you have any co-op games you didn't want to start, you could always start a boosting session on the sight. ;)

• Like 1

LiVvVMY.jpeg

First update in a while, been pretty busy with life stuff. No Bingo as of yet but pretty close. Working on Syberia: The World Before for B5, also thinking of using Tchia for I3. 

To clarify, for favorite genre I picked Platformers, last year I really enjoyed a game called Kaze, the Awesome Pea collection was from the Limited Run physical release, I love my Vita. 

For game I thought I would dislike: World Quiz. I had started it and then realized it would be a monotonous slog to finish it, so I worked on it little by little, the forum post on the game makes for good reading. So yeah I disliked it in the end.

Should have a bingo or two to report on the next update. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Oh, you're getting close! You could easily complete the top row or B, G or O columns with the right games. If you have any co-op games you didn't want to start, you could always start a boosting session on the sight. ;)

I'll probably complete the O next week 

7 minutes ago, MikkelEhlers said:

Also an extra question to those who know. Can anyone tell me what "Has snacks" is supposed to mean in this context? 

I think it just means games that have snacks in them in some way. Most people probably choose games that have food mechanics for recouping HP etc. But a game like Bugsnax is also a good example, where the game itself is based around snacking. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

New square for me:

You Think You Will Dislike - Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy

Not really a marvel or superhero fan, Spider-Man doesn't count, Spider-Man is great, 

Well, turns out the game wasn't fun at all. RNG heavy, no cutscenes to skip once you`ve beaten the story once... boring story on top of that. Just glad it's over.

Romance option square is going to be next for me!

C66y6kf.png

• Like 4

Update #3

Ya, it's been awhile...but we're still working on it.  Still need some suggestions for December releases

Spoiler

0iUDfIb.png

B-1: HYPE! - God of War: Ragnarok: I really, really liked this game.  Did I think it was the best-thing-since-sliced-bread?  No.  The middle dragged out a lot more than it needed to.  I still think the game has serious issues with 'too many buttons' for combat.  More than once I messed up what I was trying to do because I couldn't remember if it was :l1: or :r1: and then whatever follow up button.  But the story was good, really, really good.  Satisfying.  I love seeing how the series has matured.

G-1: With a # oe Punctuation in the Title - Spider-man: Miles Morales: These recent Spiderman games have been quite fun and this is no exception.  In fact, I think I like the combat a little bit more in this one since I can use Venom moves to get out a sticky situations (pun intended).  It's also nice to see a biracial main character.  And some sign language.  It's just, it's cool, feels a lot more like the 'real world'.  Not the best game in the world but it's fun, the story is good and I like Miles.  Plus swinging around New York is just so fun...

I-4: With an Isometric View - Digimon Survive: Digimon seems to swing pretty wildly with video game ideas and I'm here for it.  This game is 7/10 visual novel with a horror tinge and 3/10 battle which isn't bad.  I'm not a huge fan of how you recruit digimon (I prefer the Cyber Sleuth style) but with a guide it's not too bad.  I can say, though, that this game is so much darker than I expected and I really like that. While the game is visual novel, the battles are isometric so I believe that counts.

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 4

BINGO! :awesome:

Finished column "G" with Resident Evil 3. Also completed "Stray" and now my card is 16/25. I'm already saving some games for my second card later this year. ? 

uoQ888K.jpg

B-3: With an isometric view: Graveyard Keeper;

I-1: Free to play: Paraiso Island;

I-2: Anthropomorphized animals: Chicken Police;

I-4: Banned/Censored in a country: The Callisto Protocol was banned in Japan;

N-1: Has Snacks: In Ape Escape you eat cookies to recover health;

N-2: With Gorgeous Vistas: The view from Midtown is especially beautiful in Stray;

N-4: Featuring a Romance or Romance options: The Quarry has several teen romances;

G-1: Releasing Your Inner Weeb: Ghostwire: Tokyo;

G-2: With mystery or detective themes: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek;

G-3: Last Game You Acquired: The PS5 version of Resident Evil 3;

G-4: With player choices or multiple endings: Life is Strange;

G-5: Metroidvania or Rogue-like: Axiom Verge 2;

O-1: For Another PSNP Event: I've used Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons in my Kaleidoscope Challenge 2023;

O-2:One Word Title: Wytchwood;

O-3: That you can beat in one sitting: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter took me 3 hours and 20 min;

O-4: Non-human sidekick: In Lost in Random we have the adorable Dicey to help us;

• Like 3

Capture.png

So, new update on my bingo card:

For Another PSNP Event: Nexomon

Finished this game and platinumed it for the RPG event. Liked it. Made me remember the times when I played Pokémon as a Kid. Really looking forward for Nexomon: Extinction

That You Meant to Play Last Year: Moving Out

I started playing it last year with my girlfriend but we then put it on a halt, since she was new to gaming and so we started with other games before she could get used to controls. We managed to finish it and platinum it this month.

Award-Winning: It Takes Two

This game was an authentic experience and worthy of the nominations/awards it got.

The other previous completed games:

With a # or Punctuation in the title: .hack//G.U: Last Recode

Metroidvania or Rogue-Like: Hades

Retro Re-release: Ape Escape 2

Last Game You Acquired: Captain Tsubasa: Rise of the New Champions
Has no Humans: ReadySet Heroes
DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Muramasa's Rebirth: Fishy Tales of the Nekomata
No Jump Button: Children of Morta

• Like 4