Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

Well, unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll finish my card this year: 

RWEiOvnl.jpg

I managed to platinum about 40 games this year, and none of them were a platform exclusive. Returnal was a platform exclusive when it was released, but not by the time I got the platinum for it. I'm also about halfway through Final Fantasy 16, but I'm not inclined to rush through it over the next 24 hours to finish off my card. 

However, I was able to get one last tile before the end – I used Callisto Protocol for 'Banned/Censored'. It was banned in Japan for its gore. 

I had a lot of fun with this event, although it's a shame I didn't quite get over the line. Thanks @Squirlruler for putting on the event. 

List of games: 

Spoiler

B1 – Released in your birthday month – Neversong 
B2 – Play as an anti-hero or bad guy – Plague Inc 
B3 – Releasing your inner weeb – Scarlet Nexus 
B4
– Hype! – Marvel's Midnight Suns 
B5 – Sci-Fi or fantasy themes – Armello 

I1 – Non-human sidekick – Crown Trick
I2 – With punctuation in the title – 60 Seconds! Reatomized 
I3 – Released the Year You Joined PSNP – West of Dead (2020)
I4 – Retro rerelease (originally without trophies) – What Remains of Edith Finch 
I5 – Side-scrolling or Bullet Hell – Watcher's Chronicles

N1 – Ultra Rare Platinum – Binding of Isaac (3.8%)
N2 – Banned/Censored in a country – Callisto Protocol 
N3 – Player's choice – Yesterday Origins 
N4 – You Think You Will Dislike – Bloodroots 
N5 – Developed in a Foreign Country – Cat Quest 

G1 – For another PSNP event – Dead Cells 
G2 – Historical Fiction or Mythology – Circus Electrique 
G3 – Racing or Sports - Cars 3 
G4 – Peripheral based – Hidden Agenda (smartphone)
G5 – With player choices or multiple endings – Doki Doki Literature Club 

O1 – That 'Everyone' But You Has Played – Returnal 
O2 – With a Female Protagonist – Horizon Forbidden West 
O3 – That you can beat in one sitting – Lamentum 
O4 – That you meant to play last year – Minute of Islands
O5 - Platform exclusive – N/A

• Like 4

A question about the end time:

I know that on the OP it says "End Time: December 31st, 2023 23:59 UTC-12"

My question is, is this valid for everyone, regardless of our local time zone?

I still want to complete my card, but things looks really complicated as of now (I think that I'm at 2/3rd of Shenmue2)... but if I can use the midnight at UTC-12, that gives me essentially 12 extra hours to finish it when compared to my time zone..

• Like 1

5 games to add for my last update for the year, didn't manage to finish my card but did get a bingo at least, I regret not focusing on this event much in the second half of the year because I definitely could have completed my card

Unpacking for Isometric, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for Everyone But You Has Played, The Evil Within for Players Choice, Astro's Playroom for Free to Play and The Artful Escape for Aliens or Robots

Screenshot-2023-06-22-07-58-05.png

Takes Forever to beat: Yakuza 3

Historical Fiction or Mythology: Trek to Yomi

Series New to You: Final Fantasy

Adventure: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Metroidvania or Rogue-like - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Frightening/Horror - Goosebumps: The Game

Player Operated Vehicles - Team Sonic Racing

By an Independent Developer - Journey of the Broken Circle

Non Violent - Golf Club: Wasteland

Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy - I Am Bread

Developed In A Foreign Country - Catherine: Full Body

One Word Title - Superhot

Has No Humans - Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime

Redeemed from PS Plus - Ark: Survival Evolved

That You Can Beat In One Sitting - My Name Is Mayo 3

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 4

spacer.png

B1: SciFi or Fantasy - MittleBorg City of Mages: A Game About wizards and mages defending a magical  city.

B2: Adventure - Dishonored - Explore a victorian city while trying to clear your name and unlocking magical powers. 

B3: Historical Fiction - Medal of Honor Frontline - Takes place during WW2 and you play as fictional soldier.

B4: Weather Effects - Anarchy Reigns - Environmental Hazards pollute the map, amongst them a Tornado.

B5: Arcade - Gungungun - A simple sidescroller where you try to kill as many enemies as you can to get a highscore.

I2: Mystery Theme - Whispering Willows - Game centers around ghosts in a haunted mansion.

I3: One Word Title - Bulletstorm - Tecnically I guess it has Full Clip Edition added but that is just a subtitle for the remaster, game is still just known as Bulletstorm. 

I4: Censored in a Country - The Last of Us - The multiplayer has the gore censored in Europe. 

N2: Non Human Sidekick - Stick it to the Man! - Your powers come from an alien in your head.

N3: Free Game - Monster Jam: Path of Destruction 

N4: Starts with the same letter as your name - WWE 2K22 - Self-explainatory. 

G2: Has no platinum Trophy - Hitman 2 - Self-explainatory.

G4: Based on Non Gaming IP - Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - Based on the comic book character Batman.

O2: Female Protagonist - Mirror's Edge - Main character is Faith, a woman.

O4: Favorite Genre - Middle Earth Shadow of War - I really like Open World Games

O5: Releases your Inner Weeb - J-Stars Victory Vs - Fighting game with a bunch of anime characters. 

• Like 4

Ok, looks like I was way to tired to finish Shenmue 2 on time.. So, I will post now my final card and games.

Bingo-Bonanza2023.jpg

Games:

Spoiler

B1 - Banned/Censured in a Country - Fairy Tail

B2 - Spawned an Extended Universe - Final Fantasy XVI

B3 - One Word Title - Datura

B4 - Adventure - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2

B5 - In a Series New to You - Eventide: Slavic Fable

I1 - Racing or Sports - Toybox Turbos

I2 - That You Meant to Play last Year - Chronus Arc

I3 - Recommend by a PSNProfiles Member - Creaks

I4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - Street Fighter 6: World Tour DLC

I5 - Cult Favorite

N1 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting - Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

N2 - Frightening/Horror - Vampire The Masquerade: Coteries of New York

N3 - Player's Choice - Honkai: Star Rail

N4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy themes - Legasista

N5 - For Another PSNP Event - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

G1 - Free to Play - Paraiso Island

G2 - In-game Weather Effects - Persona 4 Golden PS4

G3 - Has no Humans - Worms Battlegrounds

G4 - With an Isometric view - TOEM: A Photo Adventure

G5 - With Online Features - Granblue Fantasy: Versus

O1 - With Player Operated Vehicles - Wild Arms PS5

O2 - Crafting Mechanics - Lost Sphear

O3 - Released in Your Birth Month - Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

O4 - That You Started but didn't Finish - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse

O5 - That Gives You the Feels - Persona 3 Portable

And since on 2024 card I got another Cult Favorite, that will be Shenmue 2 again :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone,

Here's my finale 2023 update (a little late, sorry about that)

spacer.png

Since last time I added:

1. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. I started it in 2022 but hadn't even fight the first boss, dying over and over against little monsters which had me quit it for the time. Finally got back into it and 100%ed this one! I really enjoyed playing it in the end. Learning to perfect bosses was far less frustrating than I was on those little archers in 2022
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, is my "Spiritual Successor (to Castlevania)". I've been wanting to try this one for quite some time so I seized the opportunity. It was nice, event tho Miriam felt a little stiff at first ; I got used to it or found a weapon I liked and it was better. I had a great time!
  3. Legends of Ethernal is my Player's Choice for a bad reason: I didn't thought I would hate this game but that's why I'll remember it. As a reminder to NOT play something I don't really feel like playing next year, here it is.
  4. It Takes Two. Finally! I finally got to play it. I'm not really into multiplayer games but if it has to be done it must be a cooperative one. I really enjoyed this one, and after the bad experience that was Haven for us I think we needed a good one. It Takes Two did not disappoint. It's a really sweet and nice game.
  5. Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York. Used here for its punctuation, I was curious of the Vampire licence and thought, since it's on the Extra, I should try this one. I read through it all and really did not enjoy it. It was bland, full of grammar mistakes (in French at least) and the stories were not convincing at all to me. At least now I know: I won't play the others.
  6. God of War, another "must at least try" that was on my list. I re-learned how bad I am at platformers but got through it as I wanted to know Kratos' story. I love mythology, it may have helped, nonetheless this is a good game (I'm just not good enough to enjoy it fully) and I may try some others God of War in the future!
  7. Life is Strange: True Colors. I usually enjoy player choices in games, as long as they matter. The first LiS and Before the Storm were "ok" in my opinion but I heard so many good things about this one that I had to try. The story moved me, multiple times. That was all I needed. I really enjoyed my stay in Haven Springs.

I was nowhere to complete this second card but I finally got some lines here! 🤣 Thanks for this event, again! Will definitely go for another round for 2024.

• Like 2