Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

On 7/16/2023 at 8:57 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

So, I have a card, and it exists, it just seems to be missed off the list for some reason.

In any case, i will post the updated listing for it so far.

https://imgur.com/BqvzohO

Ok, so let me see if I have any new things this late in September:

B1 - Uncharted 4 - Online Features

B2 - Crazy Chicken Kart 2 - Series New to You

B3 - ??? - Banned/Censored

B4 - Abzu - Gorgeous Vistas

B5 - Birthday of Midnight - Beat in One Sitting

I1 - Saomi - Female Protagonist

I2 - Knightin'+ - With Punctuation in the Title

I3 - Cario - Last Purchase

I4 - ??? - Fav Genre

I5 - Jak II -Non-human Sidekick 

N1 - The Legend of Korra (6 years, 2 months) - Started but didn't finish

N2 - Tails of Iron - Metroidvania/Roguelike

N3 - ??? - Choice

N4 - Fez - Award Winning

N5 - Xenon Valkyrie + - Sci-Fi Fantasy Themes

G1 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection - Co-Op Game

G2 - Sea of Stars - Cult Fav

G3 - ??? - Starts with the Letter 'P'

G4 - ??? - Strategy/Sim/Management

G5 - The Evil Within 2 - Horror

O1 - Reckless Auto Racing - Racing or Sports

O2 - Alienzix - Aliens or Robots

O3 - Deliver Us the Moon - That Gives you Feels

O4 - Robby's Adventure - Crafting Mechanics

O5 - The Midnight Sanctuary - That you Meant to Play Last Year

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Either way, I'm also using this post to request some suggestions for the "Suggested by a PSNP member slot"... last year I was suggested Ara Fell and it was quite a fun game that I would normally not look twice at because of the pixel (retro..) art style.. So, I will try to keep an open mind on what I get suggested as long as it's not sports games, FPS or shovelware..

I would recommend Sea of Stars, Call of Cthulhu, Creaks, Disco Elysium or Spiritfarer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I would recommend Sea of Stars, Call of Cthulhu, Creaks, Disco Elysium or Spiritfarer.

Thanks for the suggestions!

While I knew most of those (and I have been thinking for a while about purchasing Disco Elysium), I don't remember noticing Creaks, but from what I looked up, it's something that I will enjoy and it's quick, making it perfect for my current situation with GT Sport!

And since you suggested it, how scary is Call of Cthulhu? I'm not really a fan of horror games (be it Deadspace or Until Dawn style), I even took forever to finish Thief because of a part where we are in a haunted asylum because of all the scare stuff. lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

And since you suggested it, how scary is Call of Cthulhu? I'm not really a fan of horror games (be it Deadspace or Until Dawn style), I even took forever to finish Thief because of a part where we are in a haunted asylum because of all the scare stuff. lol 

Call of Cthulhu isn't massively scary, there are some jump scares in the game but the mood of the game is more creepy and spooky than scary. Well worth the playthroughs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

Hey everyone, one of my Bingo Card Squares is “Recommended by a PSNP user”. Looking for a good recommendation! Preferably something that won’t take months to finish and something on PS Plus Catalogue as buying new games isn’t in the budget right now haha

Loads of good stuff on the PS+ Extra catalogue, but for a relatively short one, I’ll highly recommend Inscryption - It’s a hell of a game, and a totally unique experience!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

Recommended by a PSNP member - Inscryption

Strategy, Simulation, or Management - Madden 23

2 more games added! Big thanks to @DrBloodmoney for recommending me Inscryption, what a game! I was a little nervous going in because card games are a genre I've never played before, but I really enjoyed my time with it. Super unique experience that made me wanting to keep playing to find out what happens next. Gameplay was addicting too. 

Hey - Glad you enjoyed mate!

It's a wild ride for sure!

• Like 2

Here's my little update, it seems like I can't be bothered to complete one line yet again.

spacer.png

1. Blasphemous - Side-scrolling (or Bullet hell). This one has been on my radar for quite some time now. For some reason games (or books, movies) about "religion" kinda appeal to me, I had to try this one. I enjoyed it, platinumed it... and will play the sequel at some point.
  2. Sea of Stars - Originally released in 2023. I'm not really into turn-based games but I felt like "why not" when this game was added to the PS+ Extra catalogue. The game is beautiful, graphics, sounds... but I must admit the part I enjoyed the most is the game of Wheels. I don't know why it just grew on me. It was fun!
  3. Inside - That you meant to play last year. And each year since its release, probably. Finally did it. Enjoyed it, it seemed easier than Limbo but I liked its atmosphere... even went for the second and "secret" ending.
  4. We Were Here Expeditions: The FriendShip - Last game you acquired. Which was the last game that I added in my library at this moment. I'm not into multiplayer games (I'm not competitive at all) but this one reconciled me with co-op games. I had an amazing time. Shout-out to my Perfect Partner on this one! He's been amazingly patient with me for the last puzzle/room.
  5. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Has no humans. I just love Disney and have been wanting to try out an Epic Mickey game since I saw one on the Wii. I may have started with the sequel but I'll probably play the first one too, now. I liked it, a lot! It was fun, I enjoyed the story and one more point for I just love musicals, so there's that.

I have one small question. I'm about to go back to a game I tried last year BUT I got no trophy on it yet. Is it still ok to use it to check "That you started but didn't finish" (since you'll have to take my word for it)? I could also check "with a punctuation" with this one, so it won't go to waste anyway 😄. Keep having fun everyone!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

keXFdBo.png

One last square, one last square! And while it is Yakuza 0, which is a huge undertaking, I know that for this event I just need to finish the story - which is great! But I just needed a break with a little horror element indie game. Call of the Sea for G3 Frightening/Horror is a little unconventional, but it definitely has all of the horror elements without any of the jump scares, with a heaping helping of Lovecraftian/Eldritch horror on top. And if you're also someone who lives with a chronic illness with seemingly no cure, it's a fucking terrifying allegory about the difference between who you are with it and without it. It was a great, quick game that's free for PS Plus Extra, so if you're needing to fill in some last minute boxes I definitely recommend it.  Except for that fucking constellation puzzle that thing sucks. 

Spoiler

B1 Underplayed: Steven Universe: Unleash the Light, Trophy Update DLC 3

B2 Spawned Expanded Universe: Sam & Max Save the World

B3 Released Year You Joined PSNP: Yakuza 0

B4 In-Game Weather Effects: Horizon: Forbidden West

B5 No Jump Button: Chicken Police

I1 Gives You the Feels: Afterparty

I2 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I3 Favorite Genre: LEGO Movie: The Videogame

I4 Peripheral Based: Paper Beasts

I5: Adventure: Kingdom Hearts III  Re Mind

N1 Been Meaning To Get To: Thomas Was Alone