Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

Finished:

- Endling: Extinction is Forever for "Side-Scrolling or Bullet Hell"

- Silent Hill 3 HD for "That You Started but Didn't Finish" (got about an hour into the game about 10 years ago and never popped a trophy)

- Uno for "Strategy, Simulation, or Management"

cWtsA4A.png

Spoiler

Gensou SkyDrift (Underplayed)

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Anthropomorphized Animals) - Every character in this game is an anthropomorphized animal.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (That You Meant to Play Last Year) - Self-explanatory.

Smoots Summer Games (That You Can Beat in One Sitting) - The story equivalent can be finished in about an hour. The plat can also be finished in one sitting if you have the skill for it (which I didn't).

Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul (Historical Fiction or Mythology) - The story takes place in the 19th century.

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse (With Gorgeous Vistas) - The game has some vistas.

The Language of Love (Banned/Censored in a country) - https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/85087-list-of-censored-games-ps5-ps4-vita/

Boxer (Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle)

Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (That Takes "Forever" to Beat) - Online trophies and the trophy for getting 150 badges are very time consuming.

Hawken (free to play)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (reboot or spiritual successor) - This is a remake of the second Neptunia game. Both the original and the remake act like the first game did not happen.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (peripheral-based) - This game is meant to played with a drum controller, so that's the peripheral.

Scourge: Outbreak (play as antihero or bad guy) - I didn't pay attention the story, but the female lead's character description sounded like one of an anti-hero.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore  [Black Dahlia DLC] (DLC Pack or Standalone DLC)

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Releasing Your Inner Weeb)

Million Arthur: Arcana Blood (Spawned an Expanded Universe) - A TV series was made based on the Million Arthur game series.

Phantom Breaker: Omnia (HYPE!) - Trailer/In-game announcer.

Red Faction: Battlegrounds (With Player Operated Vehicles) - Vehicle warfare game.

3D Dot Game Heroes (With an Isometric View)

Guilty Gear: Strive (Player's Choice)

Endling: Extinction is Forever (Side-Scrolling or Bullet Hell)

Silent Hill 3 HD (That You Started but Didn't Finish) - Played about 10 years ago and never popped a trophy

Uno (Strategy, Simulation, or Management)

Edited by Yuber6969
Forgot to add previously completed games
  • Like 3

uwR7otJ.png

Two more entries, and two spaces closer to another double bingo! And this time the planned game isn't one I'm absolutely dreading. This time we've got Paper Beasts for I4 Peripheral Based and Cult of the Lamb for N5 Isometric View.

Paper Beasts definitely isn't terribly difficult to complete (except for the very annoying trophy where you have to move a music player across the desert and as long as you read the tutorial unlike me), but is exactly what you would want a PSVR game to be: trippy visuals and gameplay that would not be as interesting and cool in non-VR. Plus it was free a few years ago, so who could be mad about that. Overall it was a really fun, interesting experience that has definitely gotten back into using my VR that absolutely sat in a box for like a year after I moved into my house.

Cult of the Lamb is just amazing. I mean, truly, the perfect combination of a rouge-like dungeon crawler (which I guess I like now, especially since I've played a mess of 'em this year) and a resource-driven survival game, with as tight of a loop as you're comfortable with. Also, as someone who was raised Irish Catholic, who doesn't love a heaping helping of hearsay? I genuinely could not put this game down once I started, and loved every single second. With the free DLC update, there are now missable/broken trophies that you can absolutely lock yourself out of now or that take a lot longer to unlock than they did with the base game, but as long as you're careful and have a backup save, you should be good to go. (That said I'm always happy to provide any information I can if you're confused/stuck/lost).

Spoiler

B1 Underplayed: Steven Universe: Unleash the Light, Trophy Update DLC 3

B2 Spawned Expanded Universe: Sam & Max Save the World

B3 Released Year You Joined PSNP: 

B4 In-Game Weather Effects: Horizon: Forbidden West

B5 No Jump Button: Chicken Police

I1 Gives You the Feels: Afterparty

I2 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I3 Favorite Genre: LEGO Movie: The Videogame

I4 Peripheral Based: Paper Beasts

I5: Adventure: 

N1 Been Meaning To Get To: Thomas Was Alone

N2 Cooperative Game: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

N3 Player Choice: Untitled Goose Game

N4 Developed in a Foreign Country: Endling: Extinction is Forever

N5 Isometric View: Cult of the Lamb

G1 Banned/Censored: Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space

G2 Anthropomorphized Animals: Spiritfarer 

G3 Frightening/Horror: The Dark Anthology: Man of Medan

G4 Female Protagonist: Going Under

G5 Based on Non-Gaming IP: Doctor Who: The Edge of Time

O1 Started But Didn't Finish: Life is Strange 2

O2 Meant to Play Last Year: Twelve Minutes

O3 Award Winning: Stray

O4 Gorgeous Vistas: The Gardens Beyond

O5 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID: Yaga: Roots of Evil

• Like 4

Bingo-2.png

Bingo card #2 complete.

With an isometric view - Icewind Dale - still love the game. Console port is good, but PC version is still better.

I'll get a new card sometime today and see how that works out. Definitely not going to fill up that quickly, as I've only few games left that I completed this year.

• Like 4

vDar9N7.png

A double Bingo! I knocked out N4 Developed in a Foreign Country with Endling: Extinction is Forever - which was developed by a Spanish studio (Herobeat) and published by a German company (HandyGames). And I really didn't expect this to be much more than a walking sim, but boy was I wrong. It being tagged as a survival game is very apt, and I was impressed by how tense and difficult the game could be at times - something I genuinely didn't expect. It was free pretty recently with PS Plus, and if you happened to add it to your library I absolutely recommend it! Now that I've completed it, and am on the precipice of another double bingo, I think it's time to finally suck it up and finish playing Life is Strange 2. Which I have been putting off for literally years

EDIT: Nah, I put it off again and finished off Doctor Who: Edge of Time for G5 Based on a Non-Gaming IP, which I started years ago but stopped playing because it's just not... Good, or fun. I was able to knock it out in basically an afternoon and that should show how not great it is because instead of just finishing it I tabled it for two years.  

Spoiler

B1 Underplayed: Steven Universe: Unleash the Light, Trophy Update DLC 3

B2 Spawned Expanded Universe: Sam & Max Save the World

B3 Released Year You Joined PSNP: 

B4 In-Game Weather Effects: Horizon: Forbidden West

B5 No Jump Button: Chicken Police

I1 Gives You the Feels: Afterparty

I2 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I3 Favorite Genre: LEGO Movie: The Videogame

I4 Peripheral Based: Paper Beasts

I5: Adventure: 

N1 Been Meaning To Get To: Thomas Was Alone

N2 Cooperative Game: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

N3 Player Choice: Untitled Goose Game

N4 Developed in a Foreign Country: Endling: Extinction is Forever

N5 Isometric View: Cult of the Lamb

G1 Banned/Censored: Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space

G2 Anthropomorphized Animals: Spiritfarer 

G3 Frightening/Horror: 

G4 Female Protagonist: Going Under

G5 Based on Non-Gaming IP: Doctor Who: The Edge of Time

O1 Started But Didn't Finish: Life is Strange 2

O2 Meant to Play Last Year: Twelve Minutes

O3 Award Winning: Stray

O4 Gorgeous Vistas: The Gardens Beyond

O5 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID: Yaga: Roots of Evil

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 4

Bingo card 3

Bingo-3.png

B1 - Shantae and the Seven Sirens - Has a speedrun trophy that can be done n one go

I1 - Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One - Has been around in book format for a few years.

G1 - Martha is Dead - It's more of a mystery thriller than a horror game.

I2 - Beyond a Steel Sky - mediocre adventure game, has an AI as a buddy (Joey)

O5 - Hard Reset Redux - Another game with lots of robot enemies

N5 - Ravenous Devils - a decent sim that's a bit buggy

I also finished Stranger of Paradise and kind of want to use it as anti hero/bad guy, but not entirely sure, if that fits.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2023 at 10:19 PM, princexedar said:

with the "Takes a long time to complete" does this only take into account the estimated time to plat on PSNP or can it be the actual play time to get the plat?

If you consider it a "long time to complete" that's good enough for me.

2 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

For "Award Winning Game" Can that apply to let's say Dead Space Remake if the original version won an award?

Sure

Dang lots of updates I have missed. I have gone through and updated OP as best I could. Congrats on @DoctorDrPepper @Flitterbloom and @voodoo_eyes (x2 even!) on their bongo completions!

Edited by Squirlruler

My last Bingo Update was in April. Time to update it again with another 10 completed games + 1 Event + 1 Completed Row ?

Also, i made 2 changes:

- i only played the first game of the spyro reignited trilogy. Instead of entering all 3 games for a box, i only take one game for it ?

- i'm changing Fallout 4 with Fallout 76

(completed every Main Quest)

The cards i completed:

With Players Choices or Multiple Endings - Twelve Minutes - April 18 

Cult Favorite - Spyro the Dragon - June 1

Anthropomorphized Animals - Rachet & Clank: Rift Apart - June 5

Reboot or Spiritual Successor - KAO the Kangaroo - June 7

Based on a Non-Gaming IP - Marvels Spider Man: Miles Morales - June 12

That gives you the Feels - A Plague Tale: Innocence -  June 16

Peripheral-Based - I Expect you to die 2 - July 11

Released the Year you joined PSNP - Hitman 3 - July 15

Crafting Mechanics - Fallout 76 - August 12

Originally Released in 2023 - Dead Island 2 - August 13

For Another PSNP Event - Kaleidoscope Challenge by @DrBloodmoney

Picsart-23-08-16-10-54-11-092.jpg

Bingo Update:

Picsart-23-08-16-17-12-07-141.jpg

• Like 3

Back again with another square! Outer Wilds was a crazy experience that everyone should try out

Not sure ab putting it in this spot, but if y'all think it doesn't fit I'll change it

With Gorgeous Vistas: Outer Wilds, the views from the ship are great.

Bingo.jpg

Spoiler

B1 - Crafting Mechanics: 
B2 - In-game Weather Effects:
B3 - Favorite Genre (Platform): Death's Door. Has the platform genre.
B4 - Oldest in your Backlog:

B5 - Ultra Rare Platinum:

I1 - With Player Operated VehiclesLake. You drive a mail delivery truck around town.
I2 - With Online Features:
I3 - Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle (Puzzle)Humanity. Has the puzzle genre.
I4 - Frightening / Horror:

I5 - With a # or Punctiation in the TitleRatchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Contains a colon in the title.

N1 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes:
N2 - Starts With the First Letter of Your PSNID (P):
N3 - Player's Choice
N4 - Released in your birth month (February)
: Hollow Knight. First released on February 24, 2017.

N5 - Redeemed from PS Plus: Bugsnax. Redeemed from PS Plus Extra.

G1 - Platform Exclusive: 
G2 - Developed in a Foreign Country (Japan): Yakuza Kiwami 2. Developed in Japan by RGG Studio.
G3 - For Another PSNP Event (PDC 2023): Donut County. Used as my 1/10 in the Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023.
G4 - That Takes "Forever" to Beat: 

G5 - Cooperative Game: Cuphead. Played the main story in two player local co-op.

O1 - Play as an Antihero or Bad GuyUntitled Goose Game. Evil geese.
O2 - HYPE!Like a Dragon: Ishin!. I was very hyped for this game to finally be localized in English.
O3 - With Gorgeous VistasOuter Wilds. The views from the ship are great.
O4 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC:

O5 - In a Series New to You: 

• Like 4

Finally an update here, it's been a long time. And this time a big update because I haven't been feeling like writing an update the previous times. This is one eclectic mix of games:

First game is Kamikaze Veggies. Very weird warfare game full of puns. It was stupid fun to play through this entire thing in co-op with my friend. So every level I had a great sidekick which was definitely not human - but instead various humanoid vegetables. So I'm putting it on "Non-Human Sidekick". This game is fun to play in co-op, but I would not recommend it single player. It's kind of an inside joke for me and my friend to play veggie games after we played through all of Yasai Ninja some time back.

The second game is Final Fantasy XVI. Man this was an amazing game. I loved everything about it - great combat, great story and characters, amazing music. I really liked that the game had open zones instead of it being a giant open world - It kinda reminds me of Dragon Age Inquisition - but maybe a bit less open zones. Anyway it ticked all the boxes I had hoped. I do like earlier Final Fantasy, but I've been enjoying the new ones with more action, but still tactical nonetheless. I did like that this was just pure action. And wow it was a beautiful game - I can't remember when I last took as many screenshots as in this one. I do however regret that I've been watching all the trailers, so I had seen most of the crazy looking areas. For me this game is an obvious choice for "With Gorgeous Vistas", since the mother crystals are just amazing. The set pieces are gorgeous and I think this game is so beautiful because they could use the zones to make some very good looking places instead of making a whole world and then it not being as impressive. I've been waiting for this game for a lot of time and it really did not disappoint. 

The third game is Endling. Played this game because it was a free monthly game on PS+ and thought it looked very sweet. I really liked it, it was very authentic in a way, and also very heartbreaking. I won't spoil anything of course. I really recommend playing this. I'm putting this game on "Has Snacks", because one of the game's core mechanics is going out and finding food for your cubs, so I think this is the obvious choice. 

The fourth game is Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. I'm criminally late for playing this game, but wow am I glad that I finally did because it is as amazing as I've been hearing. I think I've had some false assumption that the "superhero games" (Spider-Man and Batman) were just press one button to fight the enemies automatically and dodge once in a while. But I was sorely about this. I really loved the game - especially the swinging around. Im putting this game on "That 'Everyone' But You Has Played" since it's so popular and I'm so late for playing it, and because that's how it feels. But I guess I'm still in time for Spider-Man 2.

The fifth game is Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Not really a surprise that I liked this as well after the first one. Although I thought Phin was so annoying. However this series has become one of my favourites, and that's why this game will be put on "Player's Choice". Now I am officially ready for Spider-Man 2.

The sixth game and final game of this update is Devil May Cry. I have had this game on my backlog for so long now and I'm so proud that I finally beat the game and got the platinum. It was hard, but not as difficult as I had feared - it was definitely more intimidating than difficult for me, which I think often is the case with games where a playthrough on the highest difficulty is required. Im putting this game on "Recommended by a PSNP Member" because I got it recommended here in this thread. Thank you @ExHaseo for the recommendation. I guess here is a citation as proof:

Spoiler
On 15/01/2023 at 7:41 PM, ExHaseo said:

I'd recommend finishing Ys: Memories of Celceta. I always advocate for the Ys series lol. Or if you want something short, Devil May Cry.

I went from no rows to having two rows in one update, that is pretty amazing. Now I'm actually closing in on a full bingo. I already have some planned but not entirely sure as what to do with the antihero/bad guy or the Cult favourite. Anyway, here's my board:

uNZYzxd.png

Summary:

Spoiler

B1 - Non-Human SidekickKamikaze Veggies. Had vegetable sidekicks my whole playthrough in co-op mode.
B2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options: Warriors Orochi 4. Featuring the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
B3 - Releasing Your Inner Weeb:
B4 - Favorite Genre (Action RPG (Souls-like)): Demon's Souls. Definitely fits this genre - lots of action and RPG mechanics.

B5 - You Think You Will Dislike: Superliminal. I usually don't like puzzle games, but this one I like now.

I1 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Toem. Has fantasy theme.
I2 - Based on a Non-Gaming IP: Hogwarts Legacy. Based on the Harry Potter universe.
I3 - With Player Operated Vehicles: Outer Wilds. The spaceship is player operated.
I4 - Cult Favorite:

I5 - Racing or Sports:

N1 - With Gorgeous Vistas: Final Fantasy XVI. The Mothercrystals especially were gorgeous vistas indeed.
N2 - That "Everyone" But You Has Played: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. First time playing it in 2023.
N3 - Player's Choice: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Now I'm officially ready for Spider-Man 2. 
N4 - Released in Your Birth Month (April): Yooka-Laylee. Was released April 11, 2017.

N5 - That You Meant to Play Last Year: Alien: Isolation. Meant to play last year before I got my PS5 in May.

G1 - Starts With the First Letter in Your PSNID (M): Minecraft. Does indeed start with M.
G2 - Recommended by a PSNP Member: Devil May Cry. Recommended by ExHaseo in this thread.
G3 - Strategy, Simulation, or Management:
G4 - Underplayed (Owned by < 1000 Players): Effie. Owned by 604 according to PSNP.

G5 - Has Snacks: Endling. The game is literally collecting food.

O1 - With Mystery or Detective Themes: Danganronpa 1 • 2 Reload. Literally the game.
O2 - Has No Humans: Yoku's Island Express. Has only animals.
O3 - Developed in a Foreign Country: 36 Fragments of Midnight. Developed by Mexican game developer Petite Games.
O4 - Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy:

O5 - Crafting Mechanics: Tearaway Unfolded. The drawing mat.

• Like 4

Hey guys, I have a bingo card saved and uploaded to imgur but I can't get it posted here no matter what I try. It says there is an issue with imgur at the bottom of the message box when I try. Any help is appreciated as I am about to pop a plat that could be used for one of the boxes so hopefully it will count. Thanks.

19 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Hey guys, I have a bingo card saved and uploaded to imgur but I can't get it posted here no matter what I try. It says there is an issue with imgur at the bottom of the message box when I try. Any help is appreciated as I am about to pop a plat that could be used for one of the boxes so hopefully it will count. Thanks.

I had the same problem with imgur, i changed to postimage.cc (credits goes to @diskdocx) but maybe the new forum update fixed it?