[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

Just now, MD_91 said:

What I was going to use for my Grey game has been ruined and it would also apply to quite a few other games

I was planning to use Puppeteer

Screenshot-2023-01-11-11-35-09.png

Until I clicked on the full game image and realised it's actually a transparent background lol

puppeteer.png

So it shows as grey on the chart but only because that's the colour of the chart

Yeah - those transparent backgrounds have caught out a few folks - all the old God of War games have those too!

It's a pain, but at least Grey is a fairly common colour (plus, silver gets counted as "grey" for this event, since there's no "silver" category - so hopefully you can find one to suit!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Thanks for sorting so quickly Doc. This is my list so far. I've also platted Senran Kagura: Burst Renewal, but I can't see where I could get this one other than White to be honest, and I'd rather have Steep on there. 

Red or black would work I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I agree with this, @HelixNebula_x I would say black or red would be best too.

@Squirlruler Thanks both. I'm going to leave it for now as I'm working on God of War (PS3) at the minute, which I think I can use for red, and then there's many options in the backlog for black. Will wait and see if I need it for now, but thanks again!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I haven't decided what I'll tackle next, but I've noticed that I don't have much of anything in my backlog for tan (even after pilfering the holiday sale). The only decent fit I could find in the PS+ collection is Wild Arms 3, but that seems like a pretty big time investment for a game I'm not particularly interested in. If anyone has other tan suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I'm doing Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch remastered for my tan game. But that's also a chonky RPG. If you're looking for something a bit shorter then possibly Concrete Genie (I'm looking at that for my brown game, but I think it could also work for tan) ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

What should I do with this power...? PLAY BUGSNAX!!! Hire me Young Horses I really need the money.

Okay, here's a tough one: Vita only games (i.e. no shared lists with other platforms) that are "western style", because I'm not into Anime and the like, that are fun to play (i.e. no cash grabs or games that can be finished in minutes) and are still fully obtainable, bonus points for "with platinum". No payment though, just an opportunity to raise your reputation as a game recommender. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woggly4 said:

Okay, here's a tough one: Vita only games (i.e. no shared lists with other platforms) that are "western style", because I'm not into Anime and the like, that are fun to play (i.e. no cash grabs or games that can be finished in minutes) and are still fully obtainable, bonus points for "with platinum". No payment though, just an opportunity to raise your reputation as a game recommender. 1f609.png

Papers Please is fantastic, no Platinum though

Neither for Lumines Electronic Symphony, but it's brilliant (Listen to Kaskade 4am what a song)

Rayman Legends is actually the Wii U version of the game, so it's worth playing and is technically unique

Tearaway on Vita is a very good game (and much better than the overbloated PS4 version)

Uncharded Golden Abyss is the obvious answer, a portable Uncharted game that manages to be better than the first game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Okay, here's a tough one: Vita only games (i.e. no shared lists with other platforms) that are "western style", because I'm not into Anime and the like, that are fun to play (i.e. no cash grabs or games that can be finished in minutes) and are still fully obtainable, bonus points for "with platinum". No payment though, just an opportunity to raise your reputation as a game recommender. 1f609.png

Apologies for jumping in, I know this wasn't aimed at me. I don't have a huge Vita library but a few things spring to mind:

- Anything by Drinkbox Studios. Guacamelee is a shared list with PS3, but I would highly recommend it. Also, Severed is a great game. Tales from Space was also a lot of fun, but no plat for that one.

- Gravity Rush. It's made by Japan Studios, but I wouldn't necessarily class it as an anime game. Definitely worth looking into, it uses the features of the Vita well.

- Uncharted Golden Abyss. 

- Quite a few Ratchet and Clank games

- Oceanhorn. Zelda Windwaker like clone which is supposed to be pretty good

My go to suggestion would normally be Persona 4 Golden, but that one doesn't fit your brief. Hopefully some of the others help ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

so just platinumed person 5 royal and im not trying to plan anything out so i dont care where I put this, but is this grey?

L20e1f7.png

I could do yellow for the lights but i'm literally unable to tell if this is mostly grey or not.

Grey or Black, I'd say ?

• Like 1

@breakingthegreen @Heather342 Thanks to both of you!

18 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

Uncharded Golden Abyss is the obvious answer, a portable Uncharted game that manages to be better than the first game.

18 hours ago, Heather342 said:

- Uncharted Golden Abyss. 

Yes, this one is already in my backlog. In fact, I only bought the Vita because of this game. I remembered I got it from PS+ the other day and wanted to play "the last Uncharted game I haven't experienced" and ordered a pre-owned Vita a few years ago. But for some reason only played it for a few hours. This will definitely be part of my chart.

18 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

Neither for Lumines Electronic Symphony, but it's brilliant (Listen to Kaskade 4am what a song)

Tearaway on Vita is a very good game (and much better than the overbloated PS4 version)

Thanks for the suggestions. Had a look at some gameplay on Youtube and both look interesting. Especially Lumines with the music, looks - or better: sounds - like fun! (If you like games with music and want to go the extra mile and sync it to the gameplay you should have a look at Road to Ballhalla, not a Vita game though. But I had a ton of fun playing it!)

18 hours ago, Heather342 said:

- Oceanhorn. Zelda Windwaker like clone which is supposed to be pretty good

Ooh, don't know why I never found this during my research. Also looks a little bit like a mixture of Tunic and A Short Hike, will check that out, thanks!

• Like 2