[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

So I finished a couple of games over the weekend and was curious what colors you all thought these should be for:

L9c7e83.png

My guess would be pink and maybe purple if I really want to stretch it?

For this one, maybe red or maroon?

L4aa521.png

Not too picky if I'm able to use these or not on my current card. I was more curious on weird ones like this where they kind of kill you with a few colors...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

AHA Finally, I have returned...with greenery ! Light Green - Tunche 

Can't believe Green is the most headachey color in this event for me xD 

Haha, yeah, I'm struggling with Green myself. 

How did you find Tunche? I got the platinum for it last year; so couldn't use it for this event. 

I thought it was fine, but it definitely dragged a bit. I was also a bit unlucky with the Story events. Had to replay the game 4-5 times extra to finish them up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finch_III said:

How did you find Tunche? I got the platinum for it last year; so couldn't use it for this event. 

I thought it was fine, but it definitely dragged a bit. I was also a bit unlucky with the Story events. Had to replay the game 4-5 times extra to finish them up. 

I enjoyed it but I also felt it dragged a bit with certain characters (hat kid and Qaru)

As for the Story events, they all can appear in one run so I save scummed the stuff xD but overall it was a fun experience.

Screw the log shrimps though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

I enjoyed it but I also felt it dragged a bit with certain characters (hat kid and Qaru)

As for the Story events, they all can appear in one run so I save scummed the stuff xD but overall it was a fun experience.

Screw the log shrimps though!

That ... that makes a lot of sense about the save scumming. I wish I'd have thought of that! 

I did about half a dozen unnecessary runs in the end. Sigh. 

13 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

I can very highly recommend Viewfinder if you dig a puzzle game, or the DLC for Cuphead would work for green....

....or, I know you've been known to enjoy an indie rogue like, so I reckon you might dig Void Bastard, which is quite an underplayed little comedic, rogue-like FPS gem!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I can very highly recommend Viewfinder if you dig a puzzle game, or the DLC for Cuphead would work for green....

....or, I know you've been known to enjoy an indie rogue like, so I reckon you might dig Void Bastard, which is quite an underplayed little comedic, rogue-like FPS gem!

Ah, thanks for the suggestions. I did consider Cuphead DLC, as I loved the original. I've also seen Void Bastards in quite a few sales, but always been fearful of picking it up because I've heard it's pretty difficult (and I suuuuck at FPS games). 

I've actually just finished off 60 Seconds! Reatomized, which I think will pass for one of my greens:

Screenshot-2023-08-08-at-14-59-03.png

Part of me thinks that most of the tile is darkish green, but the sky is so close to the actual colour of the Light Green on the template, that I might go with that instead. And, if I can complete it, my other Green is probably going to be Curious Expeditions 2: 

Screenshot-2023-08-08-at-15-01-45.png

A slam dunk for Green really, but it's a grind. And an Ultra Rare, so I'm predicting there's going to be some difficulty spikes. 

Edited by Finch_III

1 minute ago, Finch_III said:

Ah, thanks for the suggestions. I did consider Cuphead DLC, as I loved the original. I've also seen Void Bastards in quite a few sales, but always been fearful of picking it up because I've heard it's pretty difficult (and I suuuuck at FPS games). 

I've actually just finished off 60 Seconds! Reatomized, which I think will pass for one of my greens:

Screenshot-2023-08-08-at-14-59-03.png

Part of me thinks that most of the tile is darkish green, but the sky is so close to the actual colour of the Light Green on the template, that I might go with that instead. And, if I can complete it, my other Green is probably going to be Curious Expeditions 2: 

I reckon that can just about pass as a light green ?

Funny that about Void Bastards - I wouldn't actually say it's difficult particularly (and I'm similarly bad at FPS!) - at least, I don't recall it being hard - but it does have a bit of a pain in the butt grind for a few of the trophies though. There's a fair few runs that are just a bit silly (no weapon type runs).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I reckon that can just about pass as a light green 1f44d.png

Funny that about Void Bastards - I wouldn't actually say it's difficult particularly (and I'm similarly bad at FPS!) - at least, I don't recall it being hard - but it does have a bit of a pain in the butt grind for a few of the trophies though. There's a fair few runs that are just a bit silly (no weapon type runs).

Yeah, I think I saw some Hard no-death runs, and I thought – not for me! I'm guessing you can get around that with save scumming though? 

I think with 60 Seconds, I'll probably replace it if I end up completing something that's more fitting. I probably won't do multiple cards. I like the idea of Prestige, but I'd probably prefer to have one really pretty-looking Kaleidoscope than try and shoe-horn all the games I've played into a second card on the basis that they just scrape by haha.

Yeah, I think I saw some Hard no-death runs, and I thought – not for me! I'm guessing you can get around that with save scumming though? 

Almost certainly.... though as I recall, I don't think you'd actually need to much  - from what I remember, the trick to the game on higher difficulties is just stealthiness, or running like the wind and being outta there before the enemies even fire on you, depending on which perks you end up rolling!

(I assure you this isn't a flex, because - as I always say: I'm bad at videogames, and have no problem at all admitting my struggles!) 

I think with 60 Seconds, I'll probably replace it if I end up completing something that's more fitting. I probably won't do multiple cards. I like the idea of Prestige, but I'd probably prefer to have one really pretty-looking Kaleidoscope than try and shoe-horn all the games I've played into a second card on the basis that they just scrape by haha.

Hey!  - scraping by with stuff that just fits, (and finding loopholes,) is my middle name in these events!  ?

But yeah - no problem swapping ones out if you'd rather ?

• Like 1

I’ll add a proper update soon when I have access to my laptop, but I completed Spyro the dragon which I’m going to add to deep purple. 

I’ve also done Goat simulator and Nickelodeon all star brawl PS4 for another event. What colours do we all think those are good for in my card?? If they’re not then that’s ok too, just thought I’d ask

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

I’ve also done Goat simulator and Nickelodeon all star brawl PS4 for another event. What colours do we all think those are good for in my card?? If they’re not then that’s ok too, just thought I’d ask

Both Blue, I would think. 

Goat Simulator could work for white too