[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

Hey everyone - need some advice on colors. 

I think Sleeping Dogs Definitive could fall under TAN or GREY. But I want to poll the community to see if others see what I see. Thoughts? Does this fit under TAN or GREY?

Lc44c4f.png

THANKS!

• Like 2

Just now, cstanci said:

Hey everyone - need some advice on colors. 

I think Sleeping Dogs Definitive could fall under TAN or GREY. But I want to poll the community to see if others see what I see. Thoughts? Does this fit under TAN or GREY?

Lc44c4f.png

I'd say it's good for both, though better for Tan, and could even work for a green...

...but the community can speak en masse better than I can at this point!

• Like 2

Question for the Kaleidoscopians... I'm not sure if anyone has played this during the event, but can I swing Dante's Inferno for Grey? The font is definitely grey but the background is black af. If not it's cool, I've got other games I can use instead. Figured I'd ask in advanced though before I threw it on my 2nd card.

L886765.png

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oooohhhh.... I reckon that's a tough one to justify, TBH.

I'd have sworn that text was Tan, rather than Grey... but even so, that image is so black overall, that I think it would be tough to justify as anything other than Black... unless you could find a Black one that was literally a solid black rectangle... or a Black Hole!

(side note.... I have the same problem... so have held over Dante's inferno for a black on a 4th card... on the off change I get that far!)

Maybe I'm blind but I'm seeing mostly grey in the font, but regardless thanks for the heads up. I'd use it for black but I've already got Dead Island 2 in that spot on my 2nd card. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crossfiyah8771 said:

Does any game we platinumed this year count or did we have to start it this year?

any list you finished this year.

So, if it's the base game platinum list, then if you popped the plat this year, it counts, even if it was at 99% for a decade!

If it's a game you had platinumed for ages, but you finish a DLC list this year, that DLC list image can be used.

7 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Added Elden Ring for Yellow and The Procession to Calvary for green. One is one of the best games I've ever played, of which I did two stacks back to back and would do a 3rd if it existed. The other is one of the funniest games I've played, despite belonging to a genre that just puts me to sleep in terms of pure gameplay. Let me know if Elden Ring doesn't look yellow enough, I tend to try to match the color examples given and the leeway is making me confused. Kinda feels like switching ER with the Vanishing of Ethan Carter would look better 1f609.png

bbce5ce64139db4f45deb0f6bf428d67.png

I was tempted to put Watch Dogs: Legion on Maroon, but it felt like a stretch since it does look way more red to me. 

Ghostwire won't work for White I'm afraid  -one of the only really specific rules is that pure black and white images always fall on the background, so it would need to be a black one - sorry!

I'd suggest sticking The Suicide of Rachel Foster into white (since white is a more difficult colour to fill than Orange... and maybe swap The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to Orange, as in my experience, Tan is easier to fill than Orange, so that would make the freed up spot a much easier fill!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ghostwire won't work for White I'm afraid  -one of the only really specific rules is that pure black and white images always fall on the background, so it would need to be a black one - sorry!

I'd suggest sticking The Suicide of Rachel Foster into white (since white is a more difficult colour to fill than Orange... and maybe swap The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to Orange, as in my experience, Tan is easier to fill than Orange, so that would make the freed up spot a much easier fill!)

My bad, sorry. Switched Evil Genius 2 to white instead and put Watch Dogs: Legion on red, so no color was lost ?

Kaleidoscope11-2.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

My bad, sorry. Switched Evil Genius 2 to white instead and put Watch Dogs: Legion on red, so no color was lost 1f642.png

Yup, that works ?

Sorry I didn't catch that one before - there's like 173 people in this event (which TBH, I expected about 30 people to join at most!) so I sometimes miss checking everything first time ?