[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

1 hour ago, Doodlebawp said:

I loved the original Rogue Legacy and lucky for me Rogue Legacy 2 is a perfect match for deep purple. If you fell in love with the original like I did the sequel is just as enjoyable.

Damn - that was fast on RL2!

I'm looking forward to this one myself - remember loving the first one!

15 hours ago, Doodlebawp said:

If only SEGA would drop the damn price on Sonic Frontiers a little more 1f606.png.

I actually got my Sonic Frontiers on the digital store on sale. But Kingdom Hearts III is my #1 priority right now. If I had to deal with Sora in Kingdom Hearts 4, I had better get his priorities in order. Put it on the PS5 and it loads faster. ^_^

6 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Would it be wrong if I put this for either maroon or light green? :hmm:

L20dc68.png

P.S. Been a while since I posted in this thread. :giggle:

ha - of all the games out there, you happened to pick one of the few that was used as an example in the OP ?

Only good for Pink or Maroon I'm afraid - the lettering and the border are so bold, I think it's impossible to argue the green or brown as the dominant colour.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:
On 16/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

The only thing I'd say is, ideally, I'd like people to maybe discover some good games through this event, so it would certainly be more fun if most of the games someone picks would be at least something worth saying a little something about.

No one has to write anything about their games, (and I'm not asking for a 5000 word opus!), but ideally, a quick couple sentences saying whether they liked the game, and if they recommend it would be awesome for everyone else to discover some good games... or avoid any stinkers! 1f602.png

As far as trophy practices go - anything is fair game -  Replays / Autopops... even Shovelware if that's your thing... 

... and I could totally imagine someone needing one or two final colours to fill out a rainbow, and using such games in a pinch... just... try to do it in moderation!

I certainly won't be "denying" games from inclusion for any of those things... 

...but the event is more about finding good games and having some fun, so if someone's full list was all games that are currently, say, filtered out by the site's Shovelware filters - that would be acceptable.... just a little silly!

As long as they are broadly within the colours, I'm not going to object to them...

...but in the end, events like this one are only as fun as people make them, so blasting through and getting the whole rainbow finished in a day with 16 "1-minute plats" is probably not going to be of much value to either the person doing it, or anyone else 1f602.png

I totally missed the fact you were actually interested / wanted some mini feedback on the games. I haven’t included any review of any games I’ve played on this thread, but have posted a review for nearly all of them on the ‘latest platinum thread’. So apologies for that. I did consider copy and pasting to this thread early on, but decided early on this wasn’t the place to air my views. I understand now I got this wrong so will do better in the future!

And thanks again for putting a card together for me. Still very much appreciated mate, was a class touch from you to help someone is so woefully inept in using the interweb ?

ive copied and pasted the review for the last game I completed below. I would say this is an unusually low score from me. I have got a very open mind and play an eclectic range of games, but this one in particular I just found dreadful. I promise a lot of my reviews are far far more positive than this one lol

Lake (PS5)

Anticipation - 2/5

Not that high really. Main driver for playing this was the fact its game tile was light green and therefore could be used in a challenge event here on PSNP. But I do have a fondness for narrative driven games so was more than open to giving this one a go since it became part of the subscription service.

Enjoyment - 1/5

Its sooooo bad. So very very bad. Has to be the dullest narrative I've EVER come across in any narrative game I've ever played. I mean its mind-numbingly dull. I get a simple story may well be the point of the game, but it is still possible to make a vaguely interesting story whilst keeping it simple. For me this one fails spectacularly in every area. The story is almost unbelievably dull. There is nothing to it at all. No intrigue, no jeopardy, no hook and perhaps most importantly, absolutely no fun....in any moment....in any part of the game. Its almost astonishing just how bland this is. And bland is almost giving it too much praise as that implies its agreeable in a  small way, perhaps even charmingly gentle. Its neither of these things. I'm struggling to think of a worse game I've played in recent times.

Retrospect - 1/5

Ive re-read back the above a couple of times and wonder am I being too harsh? No, I'm not I've decided. The characters are not interesting in any way, in any moment. The story is ridiculously dull. Monotonously so. The gameplay....well they just shouldn't have bothered, its a 3 hour repeating fetch quest. Wearisome like I haven't before experienced. Even though this is an incredibly short game it managed to make me feel like Ive been playing it for a week. Even the music in it is completely unremarkable. I'm struggling to find a single redeeming feature of this title and its been a long, long time since I've played anything remotely uninteresting and soul-sapping as this. Truly awful in every single regard.

• Like 4