[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

23 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I did a bit of rearranging to fit Persona 4 Golden for #10. Essentially moved 13 Sentinels to black (better fit anyways), Kingdom of Alamur to gray (still works pretty well), Tales of Arise from orange to brown (I think it's a rust sort of background and still fits?), Like A Dragon from yellow to orange (better fit) and finally, made room for P4G at yellow!

Hopefully, the gymnastics made sense.

Kaleidoscope-9.png

Now, let's address the game. I'm going to be the frank, hot take artist and just say it... P4G is better than P5. Before anyone hits respond though, let me explain...

1. P4 has a better cast of characters and their moments together are much more memorable. P4G's cast is just fantastic! From Yosuke always trying to look cool to Chie's in-your-face, tomboy attitude to Kanji's tough exterior and soft interior, the whole cast is great. I felt like a lot of P5's cast were very one dimensional and not very interesting imo. 

2. P4G didn't overstay its welcome. All of the dungeons were relatively short, didn't require multiple trips, and didn't feel like it dragged on like P5. I can confirm this as I did a second pt in like 15 hours (mostly folding envelopes) and 107 hours total. One pt of P5 took 91 hours WITHOUT a guide and playing casually. That's just way too long for me...

3. P4G's tone is very poppish and upbeat and comical which is perfect for an RPG like this where you are making friends and relationships. I enjoyed this tone over the rebellious tone of P5. The choices for your character was also more bold and funny than in P5 which created some hilarious dialogue (draw a fortune and think impure thoughts or You're a little prick, aren't you?). This sort of more comical tone made for much more enjoyable dialogue and conversations. 

This isn't saying that P5 is bad. I just prefer something with more humor and pop in it where every single time I sit down and play it, it puts a smile on my face. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's my favorite plat this year. I really enjoyed it, and if you didn't get nerfed to death in cash and exp, I would've done my second pt on hard mode.

I could definitely see myself coming back to this one day and play it for fun (or as a Remake or something). I definitely would put this in my S-tier of favorite plats (which would include maybe 5-10 of my 159 plats).

100% agree with P4G being better than P5. Another thing that I loved in P4G was the mistery of who is the killer, each story felt more connected to the others, and the reveal was amazing!!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

100% agree with P4G being better than P5. Another thing that I loved in P4G was the mistery of who is the killer, each story felt more connected to the others, and the reveal was amazing!!

Yeah, the big twist and how it pulls it all together at the end was great. And that's a good point about the mystery! All the dungeons tie together really well and are very cohesive to the mystery plot while P5 felt like each palace or dungeon was isolated from each other and didn't really connect other than the Phantom Thieves gaining fame.

I watched the original P4 the animation back in like 2013 so I already knew most of the story (kind of around the time P4A became free for PS+), but 100% enjoyed actually playing it more than watching it. xD

On a side note, I thought that Margaret's fight was super cool, and I kept getting tripped up by the fact she'd change personas. Both her fight and the one from the hollow forest (intentionally vague to avoid spoilers) were both really interesting fights. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GT__Jedi said:

So, you may ask, now what are you planning on doing?  Well, with the permission of our esteemed leader, @DrBloodmoney, I think I'll start fine-tuning some of those colors with new games.  I mean, this is such a fun event, why stop now?  

Fine tuning is fine if that's what you'd rather, but bear in mind, that the first Rainbow is just the first step.... there's gonna be rankings for those who prestige by taking multiple trips over the rainbow, so why not start a new card? ?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

What a game! Absolutely beautiful puzzle game with a rather sad backstory but deep message at the end

Sold!

But seriously, never heard of this one but sounds super cool - cheers for sharing that one!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

I have been slacking as this is my first post. Was going to do it every 4 games but got busy. I'm enjoying this and it's been fun to see what everyone has been playing. I really need to look through everyone's games again to see what I own that I can play for Green.

Kaleidoscope.png

Stray can only work for Black, I'm afraid, as it's a black and white only image, and the background is black....

...however, luckily, Call of Duty Ghosts can only work for White, since there's actually no black at all on the image - that background is transparent! ?

As such, I've kept you at 12 complete entries - just swap those two over next time you update!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

@DrBloodmoney can i use this one to fill the red spot? or maybe yellow so i can change Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon to white :hmm:

Lbb4fd0.png

and...how about this one?

L31adda.png

...could this work for Maroon?

It depends...

... do you really think those are the dominant colours for those ones...

I'd say Dragon Quest maybe for red, though blue seems more the obvious choice... and I could see Inside as Red before Maroon, though Grey seems more the obvious pick...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fanatixa1 said:

Hi everyone, 

See below for the games I've completed in the first half of the year. I hope it can go through like this, if not let me know. I will start a new one for the games I'm completing now. Still working on it. 

Kaleidoscope-1.png

Mostly fine - I'd swap over Sonic Frontiers and Lake, as Sonic has a lot of Blue, but Lake seems much more green to me...

...and I think it would work better with Cook Serve Delicious 2 swapped with Yakuza: Like a Dragon, as Like a Dragon is closer to Yellow, I think.

The only one that definitely doesn't work is God of War: Ragnarok, as there is no Black in that one (the background is transparent) - I think it would be best to stick Galaga from Red into Black, as there is much more Black on that one than Red, save God of War: Ragnarok for a blue or Grey on a second card, and try to find a new Red one ?

I'll stick you in for 15/16 for the moment, based on that!

• Like 1