Attack on Completion 2023

Small update: I decided to try to clear out the hub tasks in Chronopolis to get some pink bricks... only for a mission in the Old West to softlock the game and make it impossible to move or open the menu, so that was a thing. ?

So I put LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 in a box for time out while I worked on the others. Got to 180 Gold Bricks in LEGO Marvel Superheroes and completed all the godforsaken races not connected to quests. The flight controls are jank as Hades and the ground races are a living Hell due to the forever rush hour traffic. So after hitting 180 Gold Bricks, swapped to the last game, LEGO Marvel's Avengers and am pounding Mjolnir at it until it begs for mercy. xD

Already hit and cleared all the mini hubs so all the rest of the collects are in the main hub of Manhattan. I'm gonna put on a 10-hour video of LEGO building while I work on these collects. If I can't get enough energy to avoid sleep, I'll just swap back to LEGO Marvel Superheroes and try to get the rest of the collects there and pull the band-aid off so I can get progress.

In terms of frustration from least to most:

1. LEGO Marvel's Avengers: A few glips but nothing game-breaking, but sadly no map to cruise New York so I have to rely on the mini-map to get collects.
  2. LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Lots of jank and the map doesn't give any clues to collects, but I can mute it and just AFK my brain while collecting.
  3. LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2: I wish I could love this game, it is very superior graphics and audio wise to the original and I loved making my own superheroes and giving them backstories... it's just that I can't throw a stone without softlocking the game. And quitting and entering requires 10 minutes to waste because the title screen is unskippable and it shows a two-minute long movie. At least I got the PvP trophy(Grandmaster's Greeting) out of the way.) :(

Current Completion% : 91.25% (+0.45%)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Update 6: February 11th

Starting Completion percentage: 97.04%

Week 1 Completion (97.07 (+0.03%)

Week 2 Completion (96.91 (-0.16% from last week) (-0.14% Overall)

Week 3 Completion (97.10 (+0.19% from last week) (+0.06% Overall)

Week 4 Completion (97.15 (+0.05% from last week) (+0.11% Overall)

Week 5 Completion (97.28 (+0.13% from last week) (+0.21% Overall)

Week 6 Completion (97.13 (-0.15% from last week) (+0.09% Overall)

Pinball Heroes 0% -> 100%

Heavenly Bodies 0% -> 100%

Rollerdrome 0% -> 100%

Maquette 0% -> 100%

Return of the Obra Dinn 0% -> 100%

I am Dead 0% -> 100%

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII- Reunion 0% -> 37% -> 100%

Assassin's Creed Valhalla- 54% -> 65% -> 88%-> 100%

Syphon Filter 3 0% -> 100%

The Procession to Calvary 0% -> 100%

God of War: Ascension 0% -> 21%

Weekly Update Time

Finally finished off the remaining AC: Valhalla dlc, which I found considerably easier than I was expecting tbh. This brings my Assassin's Creed collection back to 100% (I do plan on doig other stacks of tehg ames eventually).

Added and completed Syphon Filter 3. I didn't originally play this series on the original playstation, so no real feelings of nostalgia here. I do think they're good games, but with really outdated and clunky controls.

Also added and finished The procession to Calvary. This is a short little point and click game, which was recommended to me a while back, and finally went on sale this week. Really quite silly, very Monty Python esque.

Decied to tackle the God of War series next, starting with Ascension, and working through them in canonical order. My only experience with the God of Wars, are the 2 Norse saga games, and foiund this one to be a bit harder than I was expecting tbh.

Will be planing on finished GoW: Ascension this week, then probably onto Chains of Olympus.  

How was SF3 compared to first two? I never finished it as a kid and literally the only thing I remember was Gabe in a courtroom. 

Ascension is by far the worst of the old school GoW games. I have been playing them since the PS2 era so I am eager to see your opinions on the series playing them chronologically versus release order.

Congrats on finishing the behemoth that is Valhalla!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

How was SF3 compared to first two? I never finished it as a kid and literally the only thing I remember was Gabe in a courtroom. 

Ascension is by far the worst of the old school GoW games. I have been playing them since the PS2 era so I am eager to see your opinions on the series playing them chronologically versus release order.

Congrats on finishing the behemoth that is Valhalla!

Syphon Filter 3- A lot of the story is played via flashabcks, about things being discussed in the courtroom scene you mention (characters initial meetings etc).

GoW- The story seems ok up to now, but the actual gameplay feels kind of awkward to me.

AC Valhalla- Thanks :) 196 hours total ccording to my save file. I do eventually want to try and have a complete set of Assassin'S Creed trophies (stacks included), but this is one I'm usure I want to go through again. So. Many. Collectables.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Syphon Filter 3- A lot of the story is played via flashabcks, about things being discussed in the courtroom scene you mention (characters initial meetings etc).

GoW- The story seems ok up to now, but the actual gameplay feels kind of awkward to me.

AC Valhalla- Thanks :) 196 hours total ccording to my save file. I do eventually want to try and have a complete set of Assassin'S Creed trophies (stacks included), but this is one I'm usure I want to go through again. So. Many. Collectables.

Ah that would explain the courtroom if the testimony was a flash back.

Yeah, just get through Ascension as fast as you can, the quicker you can get to 1, 2, and 3 the better. Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta were good but being ports of portable games they are not as good as the main line games. 

I'd like to at least redo the Ezio trilogy and maybe Chronicles on PS4 but I have largely checked out of Assassin's Creed post Origins & Odyssey. I will take 100 feathers over 100% every location in Valhalla any day. 

• Like 1

I have decided I am not going to continue participating in this challenge, mainly because my completion is going to tank to hellish levels. I bought several Vita games and already started trophies on two of them(Word Maze by POWGI and the Vita version or Warlock's Castle) and I plan on starting up the original Persona 4 Golden soon so that will tank my percent some more. So I probably will fail this attack on completion. Good luck to everyone else, though.

a small update i have played persona 5 original and its good progress i made with the game i unlocked strenght confidant and the confidant strenght is now lvl 2 i am already in second palace so i hope i can get persona 5 original done within the next few days i use fastforward my plans this week start with horizon zero dawn complete edition continue with persona 5 oroginal and kingdom hearts melody of memory 

Edited by zalcarezio

18 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Pretty decent week again. For the first time I am under the 3,000 unearned trophies!

FIFA18 - PS4 - 80% => 100% :platinum:

Pretty happy about this UR platinum (1.74%)! Had only the journey left which is more time consuming than difficult. Another FIFA game done.

Assassins Creed Odyssey + DLC (5/6) - PS4 - 95% :platinum: => 100% :platinum:

End boss was a bit bleh. At the start it looked like a Souls boss fight but with one difference; the difficulty level 1f62d.png. But the Atlantis world was nicely designed. The missions were a bit boring but all in all good game! And another one on 100%.

Strange Brigade + DLC (0/4) - PS4 - 65% :platinum: => 75% :platinum:

The season pass was on sale. I was pleasantly surprised that the game stored my progress online so I still had all my unlocked stuff 263a.png. The DLC missions are pretty straight forward, very linear but still a lot of fun. Love the narrator! Very stiff English ... Finished the first DLC ' Isle of the Dead' , had some troubles getting into the groove again. Especially the end boss needs to be taken care of in certain way. I missed the pop-up close to him when his health came down , instead I kept on shooting on him which resulted in absolutely nothing. Once I saw the pop-up it was a lot easier....

Current Status
games-overview.png

Plans for next weeks:

- continue playing Strange Brigade - PS4

- spend some time on the PSVIta

Happy trophy hunting everybody!

what sort of game is strange brigade?