I need your opinion fellow trophy hunters on rubbish games on my account?

Lava_Yuki

Hi everyone, I would like to get your opinion on this where a while back I purchased about 15 of those rubbish shovelware games to increase my platinum number when Sony came with the whole trophy levels thing and all my friends were in the 500+ range, with some level 999 who had these rubbish games too which I never knew about before and was curious as to what all this was. I felt the need to complete so I tried to copy my friends, but being a trophy hunter for 10 years now with 83 proper achieved plats which I show, and 15 garbage jumping crap/quiz uk plats hidden because I then felt guilty so I hid the games from my account so my PSN profile stats are adjusted accordingly.

Should I keep them hidden forever, or not care and just show all my trophies? Is it odd that there is this discrepancy in my psn profile vs psn account? Or am i being ridiculous, does 15 plats make a difference? My PSN profile shows that I have hidden 321 trophies with stats adjusted accordingly.
I was thinking maybe when I earn more of my usual proper platinums I can then turn off the hidden so they are drowned out and not on top of my profile since Sony does not allow us to order our plats in the way we want? (I really want to delete them though.... damn sony for not allowing trophy deletion)

Starting a new account etc. is out of the question due to all my hard work on my 100+ hour JRPGs, and Sony just don't allow us to delete trophies which I wish they did. I would love to erase that impulsive driven trophy hunting sin and attempt at copying my twitter trophy hunting friends.
My question is what would you do in my situation?

I don't know what to do, I have no trophy hunter friends irl so their accounts are just full of 1-5% complete random sports games, and my family think I'm stupid and being too ocd about it, hence I'm asking here to fellow trophy hunters.
This is my profile on psnp: https://psnprofiles.com/Lava_Yuki
(The 15 crap games are hidden, hence are not visible)

Sounds like it's all in your head. I'd unhide them personally. For me, it's better to leave nothing hidden, which implies that you might've cheated in the past, over leaving everything out in the open. I'm sure most people have a few games they've regretted putting on their account at some point (Hello Dragon Fuck Soup). I prefer to just own it and make sure to avoid those type of games in the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:
Hi everyone, I would like to get your opinion on this where a while back I purchased about 15 of those rubbish shovelware games to increase my platinum number when Sony came with the whole trophy levels thing and all my friends were in the 500+ range, with some level 999 who had these rubbish games too which I never knew about before and was curious as to what all this was. I felt the need to complete so I tried to copy my friends, but being a trophy hunter for 10 years now with 83 proper achieved plats which I show, and 15 garbage jumping crap/quiz uk plats hidden because I then felt guilty so I hid the games from my account so my PSN profile stats are adjusted accordingly.

Should I keep them hidden forever, or not care and just show all my trophies? Is it odd that there is this discrepancy in my psn profile vs psn account? Or am i being ridiculous, does 15 plats make a difference? My PSN profile shows that I have hidden 321 trophies with stats adjusted accordingly.
I was thinking maybe when I earn more of my usual proper platinums I can then turn off the hidden so they are drowned out and not on top of my profile since Sony does not allow us to order our plats in the way we want? (I really want to delete them though.... damn sony for not allowing trophy deletion)

Starting a new account etc. is out of the question due to all my hard work on my 100+ hour JRPGs, and Sony just don't allow us to delete trophies which I wish they did. I would love to erase that impulsive driven trophy hunting sin and attempt at copying my twitter trophy hunting friends.

I don't know what to do, I have no trophy hunter friends irl so their accounts are just full of 1-5% complete random sports games, and my family think I'm stupid and being too ocd about it, hence I'm asking here to fellow trophy hunters.

Just leave unhide, I got 6 or 8 shovelware games on my list, 15 are not a lot 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Leave them on, no one’s really going to care if you have a bit of shovelware on there.

• Like 1

You can leave them unhide.

Most of us have a few of them in the Profile. I use sometimes ones for Community Events. No one blames you.

(Still i was thinking SONY would do something about that floodgate on the PSN Store... well we will see or not)

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else. I think the trophies should be unhidden. My philosophy is to be 100% clear with my profile, so I won't hide any game unless I accidentally come across a hacker one day. I have platinums I'm very proud of, games I wish I had never played, and everything in between. But that's just my personal approach. My account has mistakes and I'm happy owning up to that honestly. But on the other hand, I can appreciate that 15 shovelware games in a row is no fun to look at. It comes down to what you want your account to represent ultimately.

One important thing you should always remember is that you will never, ever please this community entirely. I've had people from here take time out of their lives to reach out to me directly just to let me know my profile is complete garbage. This site has an amazing number of toxic members. Ignore them. I'm actually pretty jealous of some of your platinums. I wish I had the tenacity to do Tales of Berseria.

• Like 3

The amount of people associating "this user has hidden trophies" with "this user has cheated trophies" is too damn high!

I would keep them hidden. Knowing they're there, and only visible when I view my profile on a console is a good enough incentive to not fall into that pit again. If I were you, that is.

That said, if any of those 15 games were enjoyable to you, feel free to unhide them. Nothing wrong with showing a bit of love for the things you liked.

• Like 1

On 29/1/2023 at 0:05 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

If I were you, I would have all the trophies visible. Not only because of what @Shikotei-kun has said —since hiding trophies is usually synonymous with some kind of cheat when getting them—, but also because if you have hidden trophies you will no longer be able to participate in certain events in the forum.

Personally, when I buy video games I don’t do it thinking about trophies in any case; my tastes and curiosity are the two things that decide my purchases. So I could hardly have been tempted to buy shovelware.

That said, you shouldn’t be ashamed of having bought shitty games. At least you have noticed that it’s a mistake to fill your profile with ridiculous titles for the simple fact of fattening your number of trophies to level up.

As long as you don’t continue to buy more shovelware, everything will be fine. After all, if you have all those games in your account is solely a fault of Sony for having allowed those types of titles to go through the quality filters and reach the PS Store.

Go ahead and show it all! As Homer Jay Simpson would say in the Spanish version: «¡Libres domingos y domingas!» lol

Obviously, the decision is up to you.

• Like 1

No profile is without blemishes in everyones eyes, as what qualifies as a blemish on a profile depends on the standards of the person, and as long as you can tolerate seeing these garbage games there on your profile you should just let them stay there. I have a few games on my account that I regret getting but keep visible anyway, like Nubla for example, which was basically one of these shovelware games in a time when standards were still a bit higher, or Adams Venture, a crappier Uncharted, both of which I just bought because they were dirt cheap and I didn't look into games too much at the time. For others, just having the games of a series played in a weird order is a blemish they are annoyed about and rate a profile lower on.

Generally people will not only look at the total platinum and trophy number you and many others tried to inflate, but also at the cabinet trophies, the rarest trophies, completion percentage and of course the average rarity to get an impression, so when you only have a few of these comparatively most people won't give you shit for it. You are actually much more likely to get shit for having hidden trophies, as that is often associated with cheaters who hide flagged games. Assuming that you don't keep buying these, the longer you keep playing and unlocking trophies the less weight these few shovelware games will have when it comes to how people judge your profile.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

On 29/01/2023 at 4:14 PM, greenzsaber said:

Sounds like it's all in your head. I'd unhide them personally. For me, it's better to leave nothing hidden, which implies that you might've cheated in the past, over leaving everything out in the open. I'm sure most people have a few games they've regretted putting on their account at some point (Hello Dragon Fuck Soup). I prefer to just own it and make sure to avoid those type of games in the future.

Thanks, I didn't know about the cheating thing about hiding games. But yeah definitely avoiding these types of games in the future for sure

4 hours ago, Dauersack said:

No profile is without blemishes in everyones eyes, as what qualifies as a blemish on a profile depends on the standards of the person, and as long as you can tolerate seeing these garbage games there on your profile you should just let them stay there. I have a few games on my account that I regret getting but keep visible anyway, like Nubla for example, which was basically one of these shovelware games in a time when standards were still a bit higher, or Adams Venture, a crappier Uncharted, both of which I just bought because they were dirt cheap and I didn't look into games too much at the time. For others, just having the games of a series played in a weird order is a blemish they are annoyed about and rate a profile lower on.

Generally people will not only look at the total platinum and trophy number you and many others tried to inflate, but also at the cabinet trophies, the rarest trophies, completion percentage and of course the average rarity to get an impression, so when you only have a few of these comparatively most people won't give you shit for it. You are actually much more likely to get shit for having hidden trophies, as that is often associated with cheaters who hide flagged games. Assuming that you don't keep buying these, the longer you keep playing and unlocking trophies the less weight these few shovelware games will have when it comes to how people judge your profile.

I see, I don't plan on buying any more of these titles due what a bad experience it was, although the way my list is ordered and the fact that the PS5 icons are a big square rather than the smaller rectangle of PS5 games makes them stand out a lot on a profile, as majority of my games are PS4 or Vita games. I didn't know about the cheater aspect though, since psnp seems to adjust your stats to not account for hidden games. Thanks for your help

8 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

If I were you, I would have all the trophies visible. Not only because of what @Shikotei-kun has said —since hiding trophies is usually synonymous with some kind of cheat when getting them—, but also because if you have hidden trophies you will no longer be able to participate in certain events in the forum.

Personally, when I buy video games I don’t do it thinking about trophies in any case; my tastes and curiosity are the two things that decide my purchases. So I could hardly have been tempted to buy shovelware.

That said, you shouldn’t be ashamed of having bought shitty games. At least you have noticed that it’s a mistake to fill your profile with ridiculous titles for the simple fact of fattening your number of trophies to level up.

As long as you don’t continue to buy more shovelware, everything will be fine. After all, if you have all those games in your account is solely a fault of Sony for having allowed those types of titles to go through the quality filters and reach the PS Store.

Go ahead and show it all! As Homer Jay Simpson would say in the Spanish version: «¡Libres domingos y domingas!» lol

Obviously, the decision is up to you.

Thanks, I had bought them after seeing other trophy hunters from Japan having them to boost their trophy numbers, so that was how I found out about them. Some of my Japanese friends have hundereds of platinums so I tried copying them. I do wish sony gave an option to delete these trophies but oh well.  

19 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Thanks, I had bought them after seeing other trophy hunters from Japan having them to boost their trophy numbers, so that was how I found out about them. Some of my Japanese friends have hundereds of platinums so I tried copying them. I do wish sony gave an option to delete these trophies but oh well.

Well, stop copying bad attitudes from your friends. They will burn in hell for buying shovelware and there they will only be able to play shovelware games for the rest of eternity as penance (lol).

As for Sony allowing us to delete trophy lists... as a result, the trophies themselves would no longer make sense, since everyone would have a percentage of 100% when it comes to completed games, among other things. In addition, the general statistics on each game would no longer make sense either. The appearance of each profile on PSN depends on the individual responsibility of each player to know what they want to play, what they don’t and how to manage everything as a whole.

Ah, this again.

Unhide your trophies and stop caring what other people think. Very very few people are going to give you shit for easy plats, a small handful of busybodies aside.

As for deleting lists, I admit it has a certain allure for specific titles, but it's just not possible with how the PSN is currently structured. Perhaps one day when the prophesized network overhaul has happened, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it should depends on how you treat gaming overall. If you are aiming for being recognized, or befriending with certain group of people then by all means, hide them or start a new profile. But if gaming is just a hobby to you then I don't see why you need to go this far.

As some have mentioned, my profile is like a gaming history to me and I like to keep the history as it is. It might be awkward in the future when my sons ask me why i have so many "Pretty Girls" games in my profile but that's just what i have enjoyed at that moment.

I have been wanting to try that Mayo game for some time to be frank but I kept forgetting searching them in the story :(

• Like 1