New PS5 software update 7.0 [Discord, VRR…]

Sailar91

4 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

So I just downloaded the new PS5 update and gone into my games library and my collection, for some reason in the most recent games I've got 2 games showing up I've never ever played or purchased. The 2 are, NHL 23 and Battlefield 4. NHL 23 is saying I've played for 134 hours and Battlefield 4 I've played for 701 hours?

What could be going on guys? Anyone else got this problem? I've never ever played or bought those 2 games and there showing up from nowhere. 

Update: So I've just spoken with PlayStation chat support and they've told me that I don't indeed own both of those games (which I already knew) and that there isn't any suspicious activity on my account so they said my account hasn't been compromised at all. They don't know what it is. 

I'm assuming that no family members or friends has access to your account? If not then I'd hate to be a downer but I don't think Playstation Support is being honest with you here, or at least the adviser you spoke to might be giving you incorrect information. They've already admitted they don't know what it is so I'm not sure how they can conclude that your account definitely hasn't been compromised.

Sony generally don't like to admit when an account has been hacked because it exposes their weak security system.

I remember a few years ago somebody broke into my account and purchased some random game. Playstation Support refused to conclude that my account had been compromised and wouldn't refund me so I had to go through Paypal to get it. Playstation Support retaliated to this by locking me out of my console for two weeks as punishment. They then eventually admitted that my account was hacked but lied in their email report by saying a phishing website was the cause (at the time the only place I would have entered my details is on the console, not a computer), essentially trying to make out that it was my fault and not the holes in their shite security. Not long after they introduced 2 step verification lol. 

Most recently I went through an ordeal just trying to get access to a free PS5 upgrade for a game I already own which eventually resolved itself (without their help) but the amount of BS Playstation Support was feeding me for months before that will not be forgotten.

Playstation Support has always been trash. Provided you're certain no friends or family members could have access to the account, I would definitely get a second opinion if I were you and change your password in the meantime.

40 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Haven't tested it personally as I generally wait a few days before installing new system updates. However, some people in The Outer Worlds forum are reporting that they're able to play the PS5 upgrade version without needing to insert the disc. I've also just bought the PS5 upgrade today at the heavily discounted price and never needed to insert the PS4 disc for the discounted price to show on the store. However, seeing as I haven't installed the new system update and was still able to get the discounted price to show that indicates it's probably an Outer Worlds thing rather than anything to do with the most recent system update.

In the new update is that if you have a physical version of a game installed and then the game comes to Plus or you buy a digital version of it you no longer have to delete the physical version installed on the console and download the digital one to play discless.

Edited by DARKKRAKEN666
  • Like 1

So I went ahead and updated my PS5. Kinda surprised I was still signed into PSN before I updated, usually it doesn't let you log in until you've updated (I updated my PS4 just before, and that didn't let me log in till I updated), but since I was, I decided to check the "your collection" section under my game library. I noted down that I had 700 items. Updated it, and had a look, and it had actually DECREASED, down to around 420, but then I noticed the number steadily going up in large increments, until it hit 535 and stopped there. Went away for a bit, went back to it, and it then said 540, so I thought maybe it was still very slowly loading my library in. But it ultimately seemed to stop at 546, so I restarted it, same thing. Restored licensed, and it actually decreased it back to 420 something, lol. It did crawl back up to 546 again though. And no, I don't have anything hidden.

At the very least, I don't have any games I don't recognise in my collection anyway. I didn't check through the whole thing, maybe about 1/4 at most, but I didn't notice anything unusual.

I'm not sure if this is something that's happened with previous system updates or not, I only bothered to check my collection number due to the reports of weird games appearing there. But has anyone else had this issue where your collection total decreased? I'm not even sure what could be missing, as it's not something I ever paid extremely close attention to before. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned over, at least.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

So I went ahead and updated my PS5. Kinda surprised I was still signed into PSN before I updated, usually it doesn't let you log in until you've updated (I updated my PS4 just before, and that didn't let me log in till I updated), but since I was, I decided to check the "your collection" section under my game library. I noted down that I had 700 items. Updated it, and had a look, and it had actually DECREASED, down to around 420, but then I noticed the number steadily going up in large increments, until it hit 535 and stopped there. Went away for a bit, went back to it, and it then said 540, so I thought maybe it was still very slowly loading my library in. But it ultimately seemed to stop at 546, so I restarted it, same thing. Restored licensed, and it actually decreased it back to 420 something, lol. It did crawl back up to 546 again though. And no, I don't have anything hidden.

At the very least, I don't have any games I don't recognise in my collection anyway. I didn't check through the whole thing, maybe about 1/4 at most, but I didn't notice anything unusual.

I'm not sure if this is something that's happened with previous system updates or not, I only bothered to check my collection number due to the reports of weird games appearing there. But has anyone else had this issue where your collection total decreased? I'm not even sure what could be missing, as it's not something I ever paid extremely close attention to before. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned over, at least.

My collection total was 210 games as of last night when I downloaded The Survivalists. After the update it's down to 202, but I also have about 10 locked games that aren't really mine. So I guess I'm short roughly 15-18 games I legitimately own, but I also didn't pay super close attention to my library and I'm not exactly sure what's missing.

• Like 1

Just now, kindajustin said:

My collection total was 210 games as of last night when I downloaded The Survivalists. After the update it's down to 202, but I also have about 10 locked games that aren't really mine. So I guess I'm short roughly 15-18 games I legitimately own, but I also didn't pay super close attention to my library and I'm not exactly sure what's missing.

My collection has now increased to 556, so I have no clue what's happening. Hopefully none of us have potentially lost access to games we've bought, and we don't even know what they are, lol. Still haven't noticed any games I know I haven't bought/played yet at least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Nice to see the "Friends who Play" feature which worked perfectly fine in the beta is now broken. ?

Only a hand full of games I have looked at has any of my friends listed as played. A lot of games I know for sure my friends has played says 0 friends has played. Good to know it isn't only me.

Edited by snakebit10

58 minutes ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

In the new update is that if you have a physical version of a game installed and then the game comes to Plus or you buy a digital version of it you no longer have to delete the physical version installed on the console and download the digital one to play discless.

Again, I haven't installed the new system update so I don't know.

I didn't even know that you had to delete the disc version when trying to claim a Plus monthly game or a digital version from the store...

10 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

PS5 is proly just taking the piss.

GrossHarmlessLemur-max-1mb.gif

My ignorant ass had to look up the meaning behind that number, lol.

Anyhow, to update on this, my library went up to 603 before I decided to give up watching it slowly crawl up and put it into rest mode to go back to playing PS1 games on my PS3 like the old boring fart I am.

My spouse has since also updated his PS5, and like me, his library number decreased for both his accounts, and has steadily been crawling back up on both. He hasn't noticed any unrecognisable games in his libraries either though.

I'm starting to think the games that have gone AWOL from our libraries are those physical games you don't have installed but appear in your collection with the padlock, for whatever reason. We noticed a few physical games on my husbando's accounts pop in as the number was slowly increasing, and he noticed some physical uninstalled games also go missing directly after updating the console on one of his accounts.

So hopefully that's all that is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

My ignorant ass had to look up the meaning behind that number, lol.

I just found the last innocent person on the internet ?

Don't worry too much about the library thing though. PSN has been going haywire all day. My notifications and PS Stars disappeared and friends' profiles weren't loading for a while too.

They probably just had to reboot their Windows 95 servers at PlayStation headquarters or something like that.

hold-on-to-your-butts-jurrasic-park.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I just found the last innocent person on the internet ?

Don't worry too much about the library thing though. PSN has been going haywire all day. My notifications and PS Stars disappeared and friends' profiles weren't loading for a while too.

They probably just had to reboot their Windows 95 servers at PlayStation headquarters or something like that.

PSN being PSN xD 

• Like 1

Folders, themes and a web browser would be a step forward. I manually downloaded this update last night, I didn't read the fine print but I'm guessing security might be part of it as I sat for what felt like 30 minutes rebuilding the database to be presented with games I've never owned.

5 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I just found the last innocent person on the internet 1f642.png

I'm the kinda person that hates things not being 100% as expected or functional (which I know is a bit of a tall order when it comes to Playstation), no matter how minor, so can't deny it bugs me a little, but hopefully it does eventually sort itself out.

Not sure if it's related, but I noticed my "purchased" library on PS4 was quite a bit smaller than what it shows on PS5, and from what I can tell, it no longer shows DLC for physical games I don't currently have installed. Even searching for them doesn't bring them up. They still show as purchased when I look in the store though, and appear in my library on PS5 (just as the standard padlocked games if I don't have 'em installed). It seems to include stuff like pre-order bonus DLCs, they don't appear in my PS4 library any more either unless it's a digital game or it's a physical I already have installed. Restoring licenses did diddly squat. Not too concerned since it seems to still register I bought those DLCs in the store, but I definitely remember them appearing in my PS4 library in the past.

No clue if this has been a thing for a while and I just didn't notice, or if it's a result of the PS4 update that also released earlier.

Oh, and I've also noticed the "friends who play" thing doesn't work for me either, even for games I know for a fact people on my friends list play.

On a more positive note, I haven't really seen it mentioned anywhere, and it's only a minor thing, but I'm glad they FINALLY added the trophy level percentage to PS5. Couldn't ever fathom why I could view it on literally everything, even my dusty old PS3, but not the PS5.

• Like 3

I’m excited for the Discord feature with this update. But what really got my attention in this new update was the trophies. Earning a platinum trophy now has an animation of a physical platinum trophy forming rather than just a notification like the other trophies. It also gives me notifications on when I collected enough trophies to level up.

9 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I'm the kinda person that hates things not being 100% as expected or functional (which I know is a bit of a tall order when it comes to Playstation), no matter how minor, so can't deny it bugs me a little, but hopefully it does eventually sort itself out.

Not sure if it's related, but I noticed my "purchased" library on PS4 was quite a bit smaller than what it shows on PS5, and from what I can tell, it no longer shows DLC for physical games I don't currently have installed. Even searching for them doesn't bring them up. They still show as purchased when I look in the store though, and appear in my library on PS5 (just as the standard padlocked games if I don't have 'em installed). It seems to include stuff like pre-order bonus DLCs, they don't appear in my PS4 library any more either unless it's a digital game or it's a physical I already have installed. Restoring licenses did diddly squat. Not too concerned since it seems to still register I bought those DLCs in the store, but I definitely remember them appearing in my PS4 library in the past.

No clue if this has been a thing for a while and I just didn't notice, or if it's a result of the PS4 update that also released earlier.

Oh, and I've also noticed the "friends who play" thing doesn't work for me either, even for games I know for a fact people on my friends list play.

On a more positive note, I haven't really seen it mentioned anywhere, and it's only a minor thing, but I'm glad they FINALLY added the trophy level percentage to PS5. Couldn't ever fathom why I could view it on literally everything, even my dusty old PS3, but not the PS5.

Yeah I pretty much completely agree. My library issues seem pretty small compared to yours, you're missing like 175 games currently? I'd be pretty annoyed too, I'm already annoyed lol.

As far as "friends who play" goes, those numbers already seemed pretty off. PS5 said last week that I had 162 friends who had played Phantom Breaker Omnia. Now they're all just zeroed out, but numbers are clearly not Sony's strong suit haha.

Since a couple others have brought up weird play times as well, most of my play times seem to have been reset or randomized as I look around my library further. I have 1 minute played in GTA V, where I've played well over 500 hours of this game. 210 hours recorded in Genshin Impact and 15 hours in Lego Marvel Super Heroes, never played either game.

• Like 1

Has anyone else caught the new platinum unlock animation? I assume it must have been added in the recent update with discord and all that. It happens when you unlock a plat or check your notifications like I do in this awful looking quick video I took. Pretty neat!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

Has anyone else caught the new platinum unlock animation? I assume it must have been added in the recent update with discord and all that. It happens when you unlock a plat or check your notifications like I do in this awful looking quick video I took. Pretty neat!

Damnnnnn. I’m loving it!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

The trophy percentage has been viewable on PS5 for ages, hasn't it?

20 hours ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Ah ok that makes more sense :), hoped for a bit too much lol.