Hardcore mode incoming

jonesey46

This is absurd, now you have to start over in Hardcore and then NG+ again? From an optimal route view, it would’ve been better to wait months and then start from Hardcore directly. Can’t wait for the DLC to start another playthrough again lol.

Patch Notes

HARDCORE MODE

A challenging take on The Callisto Protocol’s survival-horror experience, intended to push you to your limits, Hardcore mode is not for the faint of heart. Here’s what you can expect;

• Ammo, health and credits are harder to come by and not every Biophage will drop loot.
  • Increased enemy damage
  • Decreased Stun Baton damage
  • Increased enemy mutation speed
  • Contraband value is reduced
  • Hardcore Mode New Game+ (requires completion of standard Hardcore Mode playthrough)
  • New Achievements / Trophies to hunt

Source: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/02/07/the-callisto-protocol-update-3-02-patch-notes-hardcore-mode-new-trophies/

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

When you have a mental health issue and are forced to play and buy dlc for a game you don't even enjoy.  

Instead of ignoring it and forcing yourself to play a game you don't enjoy, maybe you should seek professional help?

Either way, I hope you're okay.

On the actual update...

I like this game a lot actually. But god damn they make it hard.

I'm not complaining that there's new trophies, I just fail to see the merit of this mode? It's a bit harder? They haven't really increased the challenge, it's artificial difficulty at best. Enemies do more damage and you do less? How boring is that? At least add a permadeath mode or something to make the thing worthwhile.

And making NG+ only possible after a normal Hardcore playthrough is absolutely shameless.

Edited by jonesey46
  • Like 2

I still have to start this game, but i'm just not going to bother with the HC mode tbh. Just playing the game trying to get the plat and maybe do a NG+ run and call it a day.

I stopped caring about DLC a long time ago, unless it is intersting to play, like for example new story content of fun new things to do.

No reason to play a game you don't want to play anymore.

• Like 2

Hey there,

I've completed the game on maximum security legit and I think it was really hard in certain sections of the game.

Is hardcore just an option to activate so that you can combine easy + harcore, or is hardcore a new difficulty and even harder than maximum security?

Because then I'm not sure if I will be able to complete it ^^

38 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I still have to start this game, but i'm just not going to bother with the HC mode tbh. Just playing the game trying to get the plat and maybe do a NG+ run and call it a day.

I stopped caring about DLC a long time ago, unless it is intersting to play, like for example new story content of fun new things to do.

No reason to play a game you don't want to play anymore.

Aye I'm right with you.

15ish hours for 3 bronze trophies and the sake of getting 95 to 100? No thank you.

• Like 2

Personally I'd be more disappointed if they didn't add trophies, but I can understand why some people might not be thrilled by the prospect of another playthrough. I waited just to see what was coming in the February update. Is is also worth mentioning that Contagion Mode is coming which adds permadeath and a customised difficulty, so we probably haven't seen the last of these update trophies. Riot Mode sounds like it takes place in a separate gameplay scenario from the main campaign though, based on the description.  

Edited by bikeman223