Contagion Mode

TrophyChief

20 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

If youre playing offline anyway then whats the point of deleting your local saves first before you download your back ups from the ps plus cloud? Overwriting is the same as deleting the saves.

To prevent your save being auto uploaded ( if you’ve allowed this in your settings) to happen one assumes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

To prevent your save being auto uploaded ( if you’ve allowed this in your settings) to happen one assumes.

But the whole idea is to boot up the game in offline mode so the save cant be uploaded to kraftons servers. It all sounds convoluted. Just trying to understand it. lol 

If you boot up the game in offline mode then why delete your local saves first instead of just downloading your cloud save saving you the hassle of doing something twice?

58 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

But the whole idea is to boot up the game in offline mode so the save cant be uploaded to kraftons servers. It all sounds convoluted. Just trying to understand it. lol 

If you boot up the game in offline mode then why delete your local saves first instead of just downloading your cloud save saving you the hassle of doing something twice?

Don't get confused,its very simple

Just turn OFF auto-upload in settings

• Like 1

So speaking of save scumming, here you go:

You do NOT HAVE TO PLAY OFFLINE to make this work. Just make sure the following:

- Disable autoupload to PSN Cloud for The Callisto Protocol 

- If you die, quit The Callisto Protocol, manually upload your previous PSN cloud file to overwrite the death 

- DO NOT SIGN IN YOUR KRAFTON ID

I got both trophies in one go dispte dying several times in one go. Best of luck everyone:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRWTapio said:

You do NOT HAVE TO PLAY OFFLINE to make this work. Just make sure the following:

- If you die, quit The Callisto Protocol, manually upload your previous PSN cloud file to overwrite the death 

I got both trophies in one go dispte dying several times in one go. Best of luck everyone:)

I just finished contagion and I played offline all the way.

I'm just too superstitious for those kind of experiments. Imagine having to play that junk all over again ? I'd rather hang myself.

the game well.... it would be ok.... if....

• it wasn't for the unskippable cutscenes,
  • the countless deaths in the water pipe slide,
  • other weird one-shot/kill-mechanics,
  • and random deaths by unpredictable character clipping animations when swinging the baton between objects,
  • and also if it wasn't for having to play this game over and over and over and over again....

Long story short: I wish everybody else good luck with this mode and that nobody has any glitched trophies or stuff like that.

Keep your heads up!

Edited by Calypox
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

One thing i dont understand is: why are they calling this perma death? And it auto saves? Same goes fo TLOU2? PERMA for me is like wolfenstein 2. If you die you need to start the game all over, not from a chapter. 

For TLOU2 it is Naughty Dog giving the player a choice of 3 options: whole game, per act, per chapter. This way more people get into the thrill and can go as far as starting from scratch. Don't really know what Striking Distance Studios are doing or what the design philosophy is, but my guess is none really - just to fake genuin engagement and player retention to appease the publisher.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Calypox said:

I just finished contagion and I played offline all the way.

I'm just too superstitious for those kind of experiments. Imagine having to play that junk all over again 1f602.png I'd rather hang myself.

the game well.... it would be ok.... if....

• it wasn't for the unskippable cutscenes,
  • the countless deaths in the water pipe slide,
  • other weird one-shot/kill-mechanics,
  • and random deaths by unpredictable character clipping animations when swinging the baton between objects,
  • and also if it wasn't for having to play this game over and over and over and over again....

Long story short: I wish everybody else good luck with this mode and that nobody has any glitched trophies or stuff like that.

Keep your heads up!

Yeah i feel the same. And you know why there will never ever be cutscene skip? Because then literally everyone would realize that this a 3 hour game. 

• Like 1

Secured both trophies on this mode now. After a few deaths, choice words, and some walks around the block with the dog for some needed breaks in-between I feel relieved and satisfied having finished for the time being. Good challenge and fun journey. Looking forward to the Riot bundle and new story DLC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

For TLOU2 it is Naughty Dog giving the player a choice of 3 options: whole game, per act, per chapter. This way more people get into the thrill and can go as far as starting from scratch. Don't really know what Striking Distance Studios are doing or what the design philosophy is, but my guess is none really - just to fake genuin engagement and player retention to appease the publisher.

I understand that. But perma death stands for permanant death which means start from scratch. They should of called it something else in my opinion.  For tlou2 it should of been a trophy for whole game in my opinion like wolf2. 

Wolfenstein 2, did it right. And it wasnt hard at all as longest you were careful. Only place that was tricky was the courtroom for me atleast? For me the diff was 6/10 for wolf 2.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

While not completely on topic, I didn't want to create a new thread just for this piece of information. I just checked Exophase and it looks like there'll be additional trophies for the game and a new mode called Riot:

https://www.exophase.com/game/the-callisto-protocol-development-steam/achievements/

Thanks, you should create a separate thread as this new portion of the season pass is inbound and separate and we need to discuss ways we could help each other out with these new trophies that is part of Riot.  If you don’t, I certainly can. Let me know. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2023 at 8:27 AM, BRWTapio said:

What's the Krafton server got to do with anything trophies? It's completely unrelated.

Contagion Mode reminds me of Dead Space 3 on Hardcore for some odd reason (minus the dismemberment which disables trophies, yet, is not a Dead Space clone) - something to which no one asked for; yet, they release it anyways and add worse to worse, they only now add skippable cutscenes; unbelievable. A part of me wanted to enjoy this game, but to be asked to go through the game via Hardcore mode, NG+ Hardcore mode, NG+ base game, and now Contagion mode? I can barely get through Hardcore NG despite being at the end as it is just so unbearably balanced - despite the "fixes" as some parts are literally ass to get through. It is like you have force your way through the entire process despite hating it so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2023 at 11:18 PM, Starship_Pooper said:

So I didn't get the no deaths trophy even though I downloaded my save file from the cloud every time I died. Have they found a way to prevent save scumming with the last update? (I'm on PS4)

Guess too late for you but if anyone else is having this problem I think there is some in-game save upload feature thing that can mess save scumming up. I noticed when I pressed Load Game after dying in Contagion mode and replacing my current ruined save with older one through the normal PSN way that it said "Cloud Save" instead of the normal stuff. Pretty sure you can always prevent this by completely deleting all local saves before downloading your PSN backup back to the console. This way even when playing online all the time the "Cloud Save" tag never appeared in my save again but I would still always check if the tag is there and never trust the "Continue" button. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 4:18 PM, Starship_Pooper said:

So I didn't get the no deaths trophy even though I downloaded my save file from the cloud every time I died. Have they found a way to prevent save scumming with the last update? (I'm on PS4)

I can confirm save scumming still works on PS5. 

For reference I first played Contagion mode with no save scumming. I died numerous times but once I finally beat the mode I received the trophy for beating Contagion mode. Then I started a Contagion 'New Game Plus' which I did save scum for. I disabled my PS Plus save auto-sync, and would always play the game offline. After every chapter I would quit the game and upload my save to the cloud. I only died twice in my second playthrough but both times I immediately quit the game and re-uploaded my save from the cloud back to my console. Once I beat the final boss again I got the trophy for beating Contagion without dying during the end credits.

I think the key is to make sure you play the game offline so the Krafton cloud can't record a death. Also as mentioned above do not hit 'Continue' - always load up a previous save by going through the 'Load Game' prompt. 

Edited by knicksrulez220
Added one more item

• 2 weeks later...