New Ghostwire: Tokyo update coming this April

TheStark700

19 minutes ago, GAZDAN said:

I notice you have the spectral beads, would you recommend those? Do they upgrade even the most basic attacks? The wording isn't the clearest and it doesn't help that I haven't played for a year.

It helps a little bit until you unlock the the Iron Bead.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asimb0mb said:

That's how I remember it in the main game as well. However, in these instances it literally completely disappeared on me after spotting me the second time. I upgraded my scanner ability (I forgot what it's called) with prayer beads so that I can also see yokai. I scanned the entire level and it was just not there anymore.

Here's how it goes for me. When you start the level, it will be immediately in front of you, standing in the open. When you move up to it, it will move away to the right, stand by a crane with three umbrella dudes next to it. In order to get to the yokai now, you pretty much have to engage in combat with the umbrella dudes. As soon as you do, the yokai completely disappears.

I wouldn’t worry about that yokai until you get the iron beads (one shot kill/death) because in that instance he moves to the crane, like you said, then moves onto another crane which houses another powerful yokai, then lastly to another area which can agro a couple more enemies.  Around floor 20 you’ll have an easier time capturing one because it’s strictly platforming, no enemies get in your way. It disappears after a while if you don’t chase it, KK comments on this so it is a timed yokai. 

The most annoying yokai to capture 3 times will be the karakasa-kozo (umbrella) yokai. I’ve only ever encountered it once and it was being protected by a kuchisake (scissor) yokai. 

Edited by BestUsername----

3 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I wouldn’t worry about that yokai until you get the iron beads (one shot kill/death) because in that instance he moves to the crane, like you said, then moves onto another crane which houses another powerful yokai, then lastly to another area which can agro a couple more enemies.  Around floor 20 you’ll have an easier time capturing one because it’s strictly platforming, no enemies get in your way. It disappears after a while if you don’t chase it, KK comments on this so it is a timed yokai. 

The most annoying yokai to capture 3 times will be the karakasa-kozo (umbrella) yokai. I’ve only ever encountered it once and it was being protected by a kuchisake (scissor) yokai. 

Ah thank you, I didn't realize it would disappear after a while if you don't find its next location in time. I just had this construction site level again and now the yokai stopped running away when I found it a fourth time.

Just now, GAZDAN said:

Is there any point in buying the capsule toys in the spiders thread part of the dlc?

For the trophy that needs 50.No need to get them from the floors.From campain you can buy them.Just if you like to complete the collection withthe figurines.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kostantlnos said:

For the trophy that needs 50.No need to get them from the floors.From campain you can buy them.Just if you like to complete the collection withthe figurines.

I was just wondering if they gave any perks in the spiders thread itself. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kostantlnos said:

I want to give up . karakasa-kozo doesnt want to spawn to me.4 hours now and nothing i need one more and im done with the dlc.I believe they need to fix this somehow.

You can find a karakasa-kozo on floor 16 or 17, just keep soft-resetting until you enter the floor that only has an infernal kuchisake roaming around and a few evil spirits that need to be purged

Another karakasa-kozo also appears on floor 26 or 27, it is on the floor where you have to fuse with KK and sneak around the forlorns 

Edited by domoenic

14 minutes ago, domoenic said:

You can find a karakasa-kozo on floor 16 or 17, just keep soft-resetting until you enter the floor that only has an infernal kuchisake roaming around and a few evil spirits that need to be purged

Im trying 5 times now im going to floor 30 but nothing. ill try resetting and ill see.

Thanks at floor 26 i got it i keep resetting until i got a level with that.

Edited by Kostantlnos

39 minutes ago, domoenic said:

Another karakasa-kozo also appears on floor 26 or 27, it is on the floor where you have to fuse with KK and sneak around the forlorns 

Do you happen to know if there was a cat on the floor 16-17 karakasa kozo level? I'm missing one cat and havent gotten that stage before. Been resetting for over 2 hours and still haven't found it.

2 hours ago, Kostantlnos said:

I want to give up . karakasa-kozo doesnt want to spawn to me.4 hours now and nothing i need one more and im done with the dlc.I believe they need to fix this somehow.

Quit and load back in on Floor 16 until you get the floor with the Infernal Kuchisage. You start on a roof directly above her basically.  She patrols away from the karakasa kozo eventually in a big square around the city block. Every time I ever saw this magatama, it was being protected by the new immortal version of this enemy so I think it's on purpose. If you spent 4 hours doing it its because you weren't looking in the right spots. The DLC presents itself like a rogue like but it very clearly has "pools" of levels. Floor 16 has about 5 or 6 different levels it can pull from, and you'll get the one with the umbrella yokai eventually guaranteed with enough perserverance.

I have one mission left, I need one more yellow orb floor and I'm done with the Spiders Thread update. Anyone got tips for finding these? They seem insanely rare, in 20 hours only I've got four of them.

Edited by Tunnel1ngEffect
  • Like 1

Anyone found an Itten-Momen on a different floor than 4-5 ? I keep reloading these two floors but I guess there are just too many potential maps for these floors ...

Edit : I realized the floors you go through before have an influence on the floors you get afterwards. I spent over 1 hour reloading floors 4-5 but over a hundred attempts, I always got the same four or five levels. After dying on purpose and restarting from scratch, a "new" level with the Itten-momen appeared immediately on floor 4...

Conclusion : If you know where is what you are looking for but can't get the level to spawn after dozens and dozens of reloading, it's safe to assume you have to restart from floor 1.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

17 hours ago, Tunnel1ngEffect said:

Quit and load back in on Floor 16 until you get the floor with the Infernal Kuchisage. You start on a roof directly above her basically.  She patrols away from the karakasa kozo eventually in a big square around the city block. Every time I ever saw this magatama, it was being protected by the new immortal version of this enemy so I think it's on purpose. If you spent 4 hours doing it its because you weren't looking in the right spots. The DLC presents itself like a rogue like but it very clearly has "pools" of levels. Floor 16 has about 5 or 6 different levels it can pull from, and you'll get the one with the umbrella yokai eventually guaranteed with enough perserverance.

I have one mission left, I need one more yellow orb floor and I'm done with the Spiders Thread update. Anyone got tips for finding these? They seem insanely rare, in 20 hours only I've got four of them.

I had exactly the same thing, did almost 300 floors and no yellow ether floor until I decided to try something.

What worked eventually for me was getting S ratings and suddenly I got it.

I was speedrunning 300 floors in search of this floor and I got nothing so I started thinking what I was doing wrong/different from my initial runs and the only difference was that I was getting A ratings or below on each floor because I was not collecting all items on the floor, so I decided to give it a try. Did 2 floors with S rating and finally got it.

It seems like its a reward system for good performance, I might be wrong but that’s what worked for me. Best of luck ? and update if it worked.

Edited by vasili_koulakov
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

What's the best approach for finding cats and yokai after you beat floor 30? Start over from floor 1 or keep going past floor 30?

I tried running to floor 100 twice with no luck finding any new cats. What I ended up doing was doing two stages before the combat stages and closing application. I did that 10 times for every 2 stages and eventually found my last cat on floor 23. The earlier maps seem to have limited options where after 30 it seems any level may be able to show up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MACHONACHO44556 said:

I tried running to floor 100 twice with no luck finding any new cats. What I ended up doing was doing two stages before the combat stages and closing application. I did that 10 times for every 2 stages and eventually found my last cat on floor 23. The earlier maps seem to have limited options where after 30 it seems any level may be able to show up.

That's a great suggestion, it's exactly what I'm doing right now and it's working well for the cats and yokai.

Now I'm just struggling with finding those yellow ether bonus floors. I have three from naturally playing this mode, so still need two more. I'm 100% completing every floor now, but I'm not finding any of those floors anymore. Quite frustrating. I wonder if there's a trick to it.

2 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

That's a great suggestion, it's exactly what I'm doing right now and it's working well for the cats and yokai.

Now I'm just struggling with finding those yellow ether bonus floors. I have three from naturally playing this mode, so still need two more. I'm 100% completing every floor now, but I'm not finding any of those floors anymore. Quite frustrating. I wonder if there's a trick to it.

Not sure if there's a trick to those or not but I did end up getting one of those floors in the 20s while I was resetting.