New Ghostwire: Tokyo update coming this April

TheStark700

3 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

April 12 is also the release date on XBOX, because the timed exclusivity on PlayStation is running out. Microsoft probably asked (paid) them to add content to celebrate the XBOX release. They did the same with Deathloop.

I mean, Xbox owns Ghostwire and Deathloop, they didn't have to ask they just told them to do it. 

Edited by Lion_Squid
  • Like 2

Wasn't ever expecting to see anything from Ghostwire again. Extended story sequences are interesting, I wonder if people felt the game was lacking in that regard or something. Personally I kinda enjoyed how straightforward the story was and liked how they didn't overindulge in cutscenes.

Expanding the combat and having a new rogue-lite sounding mode is cool though. The game felt really unique (parry focused first person combat isn't exactly that common) so I'd love to go back in and play it some more. Hope there are trophies for that mode.

• Like 2

I found the game pretty underwhelming as I was playing it, I can't say I really cared about the characters or story or anything all that much by the end, and the gameplay wasn't blowing me away.  I didn't find the game particularly "spooky" either outside of a few moments.

But with some time having passed, I do kinda look back on the game fondly.  It had a charm to it.  I kinda wouldn't hate playing through it again if it did expand the story more.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think most of it looks allright as well, just more collectibles/sidequests in the main game + completing the new dlc. 

One thing I did spot in the video posted by Umdytr is an overview of the cat catalogue with all the jobs you apparently need to complete for a throphy/achievement. Again most look straightforward by just completing the dlc but if you pauze at 3min you can see you also need to "complete the 30f without taking damage on any floor along the way". 

This might be a bit of a pain but we'll see how we can tackle this one when the dlc drops. Either by savescumming or finding OP stats with the new gear and abilities. 

I suggest we post some tips for each other when it arrives tmr! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

30 floors of a roguelike with no damage?! That's ludicrous, especially in a game with slow movement, chip damage through blocking, and basically no dodge mechanics. Maybe the update will introduce some new abilities that make that more feasible.

You know what, I finished Ghostwire and I enjoyed it, but I'm genuinely tired of every game getting a roguelike mode slapped onto it, as if playing the same game loop over and over again is a substitute for more actual content.

No , i think u have to complete a floor without taking damage.

11 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I dunno, the task says "Complete the 30th floor without ever taking damage on any floor along the way." Unless it's been changed, that sure sounds like a hitless run to me.

If that's the case It Will be almost impossible, according to same site , even complete 30 floors Is an hard task.