New Ghostwire: Tokyo update coming this April

TheStark700

19 minutes ago, Vastatia said:

Can you just keep farming the same levels for cats or do you need 20 individual ones?

Unfortunately individual ones, they respawn at the same mission if you die before getting the cat to the hub.

Using the bead is a blessing, including for finding Yokai. I feel like an idiot for looking for searching for so long without them.

Edited by Laozuli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Laozuli said:

So I have been trying to find all the cats in the new game mode and I figured out that the cats always spawn in the same missions. You can hear a cat sound when starting the floor. 

Now most of them have been okay but I'm stumped at the mission where you have to find the lion relic masks. Did anybody find the cat in this mission? 

Edit: just saw that upgrading the spirit perception beads to lv 3 will guide you to cats. Will try again with these.

For the cat with the lion mask objective if you're facing the exit with the vending machines to your left and the 2 cars on the right go to the right side. There is a little yellowish/brown house with an opening in the fence. I walked into that area and the cat came out of the alley beside it.

Edited by MACHONACHO44556
  • Like 1

Anyone know where the cat is on the first 10 floors where you get a 2 lion  mask objectives? It's kind of a small residential area with no super tall buildings. Heard the cry at the start but can't find it.

Stuff seems to be in the same place on a map by map basis even if objectives change, so I'm wondering if anyone knows on the off chance.

Edited by Tunnel1ngEffect

20 hours ago, badmoses said:

hi guys,

im missing 3 of the new "KK notes" added with the new DLC

1. in the new school district. got 4/5 (found all mine inside the school/gym, but can not find the last one)

2. by the "Matsumi-shrine" . got 1/2 (no idea where to look for the second one)

3.by the "Akitsu-shrine" . got  0/1 (again, no idea where to find this one)

thanks in advance

cheerse moe`

1. Outside of the school's front doors, to the north, on top of a brown brick building.

2 & 3 Wear the beads that lead you to souls and the ones that find KK notes. Search around the city for new ones even though you might be at 100% (my game is at 110%). You'll find new interior areas for apartments/homes.

• Like 1

After having done all Campaign DLC trophies and playing Spider's Thread mode for 3 hours I can say the worst thing about the this DLC is the sheer amount of grind required to get all Nekomata jobs done in Spider's Thread mode.

• Do not play with muted sound like I did listening to podcasts as it's wise to keep an ear out for the cat noises at start of rounds so you can work on that grind.

• Play with Perception beads to find Yokai easier.

• Upgrade skills if you feel you are about to go down so you can make the most of your money before going down and losing most of it.

• Chaos beads spawn randomly between rounds and disappear from your inventory upon death. Sometimes these Chaos beads have negative effects to counterattack the positive effects. Trade in the chaos beads you aren't using at The Cat's Paw every chance you get. Stockpile the Spider's Thread you get for trading in the Chaos Beads so when you hit Synergy level 50 you can buy the Beads for 1 shotting enemies. 

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli

To clarify something, the only way to know if there is a cat in the level is if you hear the cat's meow at the beginning of the level ?

I sometimes don't pay attention when i drop in a new floor and it's very frustrating to search for a car when you are not sure if there is actually one or not.

Edit : Btw, on the level where you start on top of a shopping arcade with red tiles (1 spirit/ 1 spider web/ 6 food / 5 Gold), the freakin cat is on TOP of the building in the southeast corner hidden behind a small wall (where there are also 2 ghost enemies) .... Took me a while to find this one ....

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

9 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

After having done all Campaign DLC trophies and playing Spider's Thread mode for 3 hours I can say the worst thing about the this DLC is the sheer amount of grind required to get all Nekomata jobs done in Spider's Thread mode.

I'm going to most likely start this during weekends. Do you know how many new campaign side missions were added?

2 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

I'm going to most likely start this during weekends. Do you know how many new campaign side missions were added?

For the campaign, the photograph side mission has 25 photos to found and the school investigation is divided into 2 consecutive side missions. It takes about 2 hours (with a guide for the photos) to get rid of both of them.

Made a quick video for the Students of Toil/Fatigue location, that will be my last, thanks to @failingsociety

2 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

Don’t have the game at all but it’s cool to see how everyone comes together to tackle DLC trophies……..the good side of humanity

It used to be like this for most games before everyone got press copies for literally every game and made day 1 guides. Still, when the games are genuinely big or hard or too niche, we still gather to find everything. It's great honestly.

• Like 4

So I've come across a Rokurokubi (yokai with the long neck and lantern) twice now in Spider's Thread, and both times it just disappeared after it spotted me the second time. How do you capture these things? Both times I found it on the construction site level. The Rokurokubi is immediately in front of you when you start the level.

Edited by Asimb0mb

2 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

So I've come across a Rokurokubi (yokai with the long neck and lantern) twice now in Spider's Thread, and both times it just disappeared after it spotted me the second time. How do you capture these things? Both times I found it on the construction site level. The Rokurokubi is immediately in front of you when you start the level.

If it's like the main game, the game makes you think you're supposed to sneak up on them, but you aren't. You're actually meant to let them spot you, then chase them to their new hiding spot. Eventually they'll move into a dead end and you can take their power.

5 hours ago, Kostantlnos said:

Just to sho you  how easy the boss I kill it with iron bead. 

Now cats and some yokai to find.  

I notice you have the spectral beads, would you recommend those? Do they upgrade even the most basic attacks? The wording isn't the clearest and it doesn't help that I haven't played for a year.

Edited by GAZDAN

6 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

If it's like the main game, the game makes you think you're supposed to sneak up on them, but you aren't. You're actually meant to let them spot you, then chase them to their new hiding spot. Eventually they'll move into a dead end and you can take their power.

That's how I remember it in the main game as well. However, in these instances it literally completely disappeared on me after spotting me the second time. I upgraded my scanner ability (I forgot what it's called) with prayer beads so that I can also see yokai. I scanned the entire level and it was just not there anymore.

Here's how it goes for me. When you start the level, it will be immediately in front of you, standing in the open. When you move up to it, it will move away to the right, stand by a crane with three umbrella dudes next to it. In order to get to the yokai now, you pretty much have to engage in combat with the umbrella dudes. As soon as you do, the yokai completely disappears.