New Ghostwire: Tokyo update coming this April

TheStark700

43 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Temp save? So it has to be one run? Otherwise how can you upload to the cloud? Or could you quit to main menu when you’re about to die/before seeing a fail screen?

or is it a case where you can save at the cat area and as soon as you continue it wipes you’re save?

Sorry, to clarify, I meant once you reach the cat/shop area (which I believe is after every 3 floors) you can save your game from the pause menu and then quit the game and back up to the cloud. Continue the game and if you die you just redownload your cloud save so you don't lose any progress. I don't know about quitting to the menu when you're about to die or anything like that, I doubt it would work. 

Edit: Just to clarify even further to avoid any sort of confusion, for example; 

You play floors 1-3 and get back to the shop area. Pause, save your game, quit out and back up to the cloud. Now when you begin the next 3 floors (4-6), if you happen to die at any point during these 3 floors, simply quit the game and redownload your cloud save. You will be back at the shop where you were before starting these 3 floors.

That means you will have to do floors 4-6 again, but that's still much better than having to begin from the first floor again which will happen if you don't utilize cloud saves. Combined with iron beads which one-hit everything, it should be more than manageable. 

Edited by The Alchemist
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Sorry, to clarify, I meant once you reach the cat/shop area (which I believe is after every 3 floors) you can save your game from the pause menu and then quit the game and back up to the cloud. Continue the game and if you die you just redownload your cloud save so you don't lose any progress. I don't know about quitting to the menu when you're about to die or anything like that, I doubt it would work. 

Sorry last questions. I would play the game myself but I’m not able to for today I would like to know. But if you can save manually why not just save over multiple slots? Like this:

Save Slot 1 - floor 3 save

Save Slot 2 - floor 3 save

fail slot 1 save

load slot 2 save

save over slot 1

then continue to do that every couple floors. 

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

Sorry last questions. I would play the game myself but I’m not able to for today I would like to know. But if you can save manually why not just save over multiple slots? Like this:

Save Slot 1 - floor 3 save

Save Slot 2 - floor 3 save

fail slot 1 save

load slot 2 save

save over slot 1

then continue to do that every couple floors. 

I edited my post with some additional information, which will hopefully help to avoid any further confusion. 

To answer your question, basically because you do not have access to the save function whilst playing through floors. It's greyed out. You can only save when in the cat/shop area, which you will reach every 3 floors. This is the only time you can save your progress. The cloud save does work as I've died a few times myself and it works fine, but as I mentioned you will need to replay whatever 3 floors you were on at that point, but it's still better than getting booted back to the very beginning if you don't use cloud saves. 

I'm not that far into it myself. I'm not really focusing on a no-hit run until I unlock the iron beads as I don't think there's much point, it would be too frustrating to do without them. I'm just grinding and learning the basics of the mode until then. 

Hi! I have two questions

1. How many new torii gates was added? I only see one (the school)
2. I have some problems with the school missions too, I think. I already beated Hanako, but no trophy and the game doesnt gave me any new side missions after that. So there was only 2, and nothing after that...

I think I need the new kid visitor, I swore I killed one during the oni mission in the new district but it's not in the database. Anyone got any locations? Just keep checking the new district?

Also if people could list the prize machine locations that'd be cool, I've found 2, one was in the school and one was outside of KK's hideout. I'm 78% to the trophy so need 1 or 2 more.

1 minute ago, Lamboh1997 said:

Hi! I have two questions

1. How many new torii gates was added? I only see one (the school)
2. I have some problems with the school missions too, I think. I already beated Hanako, but no trophy and the game doesnt gave me any new side missions after that. So there was only 2, and nothing after that...

Only one gate was added, and the school missions are 2 parts. There's a big fight in the auditorium that leads to you purging hanako. Did you do that? If not, your objective is to talk to a spirit in one of the rooms on 1F to continue the quest.

2 hours ago, john_cena1993 said:

Does somebody know where I can find that toil student enemy? I guess he is the last one I am missing.

I just found some at Mikubo Shrine, near the bicycles (the area straight across the payphone). 

Not sure if they always spawn there but it was the fist time I encountered them. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, failingsociety said:

For everyone looking for that last KK file in the underground, I have the answer:

Hide contents

North side of the Shibuya Scramble Crossing... you will also find a nice fan photos gallery.

image.png

Cheers. That's a new area, right? No wonder we all confused ourselves running around the subway.

Edited by bikeman223

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

Temp save? So it has to be one run? Otherwise how can you upload to the cloud? Or could you quit to main menu when you’re about to die/before seeing a fail screen?

or is it a case where you can save at the cat area and as soon as you continue it wipes you’re save?

What I meant by temp is that it deletes if you die in a run.  You should be able to back it up to cloud.

28 minutes ago, Tunnel1ngEffect said:

I think I need the new kid visitor, I swore I killed one during the oni mission in the new district but it's not in the database. Anyone got any locations? Just keep checking the new district?

Also if people could list the prize machine locations that'd be cool, I've found 2, one was in the school and one was outside of KK's hideout. I'm 78% to the trophy so need 1 or 2 more.

Only one gate was added, and the school missions are 2 parts. There's a big fight in the auditorium that leads to you purging hanako. Did you do that? If not, your objective is to talk to a spirit in one of the rooms on 1F to continue the quest.

Yes, I did that... :/

15 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

What I meant by temp is that it deletes if you die in a run.  You should be able to back it up to cloud.

Yeah I get that, but my question is if you have multiple temp save slots. If you do you could just save 2-3 times at once instead of cloud saving. 

53 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Gotta say, it's really amazing to see the trophy hunting community come together to figure out a AAA game's new trophies. Normally you have Powerpyx which already has everything figured out by the time a game is out and posts their findings in an extensive trophy guide. No such thing this time, now PSNProfiles is the Powerpyx, except we're seeing people make progress in real time. I feel like this rarely happens with AAA games.

It's such an underrated game, even if it is a bit grindy, so it deserves some respect.  I won't get back to it for some time, but I intend to keep posting anything I read elsewhere if it'll help with the new trophies.

1 hour ago, Asimb0mb said:

Gotta say, it's really amazing to see the trophy hunting community come together to figure out a AAA game's new trophies. Normally you have Powerpyx which already has everything figured out by the time a game is out and posts their findings in an extensive trophy guide. No such thing this time, now PSNProfiles is the Powerpyx, except we're seeing people make progress in real time. I feel like this rarely happens with AAA games.

I was just reading this thread and was thinking how great everyone is helping share information on these trophies!

Edited by King-Leonidas-I

hi guys,

im missing 3 of the new "KK notes" added with the new DLC

1. in the new school district. got 4/5 (found all mine inside the school/gym, but can not find the last one)

2. by the "Matsumi-shrine" . got 1/2 (no idea where to look for the second one)

3.by the "Akitsu-shrine" . got  0/1 (again, no idea where to find this one)

thanks in advance

cheerse moe`