New Ghostwire: Tokyo update coming this April

TheStark700

3 hours ago, whitelion1256 said:

Can confirm that you can "save scum" the 30 floors no-hit challenge.
Save on every cat shop. If you die with the iron beads there is an animation -> instant close the game and reopen -> load and you should be at the last cat shop you saved at.

Really doesn't seem to be a point to attempt this without the beads, since the later floors are actually quite hard without them, but with them,
you one-shot everything except one mob, the strongest of the ladies with the scissors. Not sure what's up with that but I assume it's a bug considering
that you one-shot the bosses.

With the save scum, the difficulty is probably like 2-3/10, without it's probably 7-8/10. You definitely can do it, it's just gonna take time and rng, but it's nothing like the more famously hard no-hit / no-death challenges.

Do you need to level up in this new mode to unlock the iron beads first?

Edited by bikeman223

I know someone already confirmed it but I'm gonna double confirm it. When you die (you'll see your head jerk up quickly, your hands float up, and your body will turn into a blue mist) you can pause the game but the quit to main menu and save/load feature will be greyed out. But it's still not too late. You can pause, even with the greyed text, force close the game and load back in. What's even better is that there seems to be an auto-save right before you leave the cat sanctuary and start the next 3 floors.

I started off trying to see how far I can get by using this save scum method and I think it's the wrong way to go to start. Normally I would try to get hard trophies out of the way first but I quickly realize as soon as floor 5 you are at a disadvantage offensively and defensively. I spent my time farming skills and I was able to get to floor 16 consistently. Surprisingly, the catalogue jobs for completing 30 floors stealth and 30 floor no hits aren't the biggest issue as they're many floors that give you no enemies but still count. To me the biggest issue is the RNG factor that determines the spawn rate for the friendly yokai (21 in total), the cats, and the 15 Tatari presence. Granted I've only played around 2 hours but I have most of the other challenges done so far, but I only have 1/15 Tatari, only 1 of the 20 friendly yokai rescued, and only 1 cat. 

• Like 1

I found the hidden KK Note this morning, but didn't knew someone already posted a hint, but I made a whole video with the location for easier reference:

2 hours ago, sirofimovich said:

please tell me where is 6 Magatama on the new location.  I found one Oni, one Kappa and bought 3 Magatama from Nekomata at school.  Where else could there be?

You are missing the Umbrella-type Yokai, kind of slightly south-east of the school, it should be on the map.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sirofimovich said:

please tell me where is 6 Magatama on the new location.  I found one Oni, one Kappa and bought 3 Magatama from Nekomata at school.  Where else could there be?

There's a wall Yokai (Nurikabe) inside the school by room 28 on floor 3. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

There's a wall Yokai (Nurikabe) inside the school by room 28 on floor 3. 

Thats weird, so i got the Nurikabe, Oni and Kappa. Bought 3 Magatama but still missing one for the last upgrade?

Nevermind. It was the Karakasa-Kozo near the School.

Edited by denullz666

I'm still missing one KK's notes from the school. When I'm outside the school. The beads point inside the school. When I'm inside, the beads point outside. It's right next to a Capsule Machine I can see in spectral vision, but I can't get there. I've been literally looking for an hour. Of course, not 30 seconds from when I typed this I found a little crawlspace nearby that led me to it.

Edited by Wildwanderer71

This update kind of caught me off guard.. I haven't really been following the news and currently in the middle of my play through for the platinum and noticed they added a bunch of stuff to the base game like new quests, powers, collectibles etc, anyone able to confirm if any of this has any impact on the trophies related to them for the platinum? For example trophies for doing everything like side quests, unlocking all power still only pertain to the base quests and powers only and excludes the new ones? 

Edit: Looking at the base game trophies. they updated some the trophy descriptions to say "Excludes update content" so it looks like they made sure the new stuff didn't affect the original unlock requirements. 

Edited by TheWintendoHii

20 hours ago, failingsociety said:

For people looking for capsule machines, I found 7 (no idea if there are more):

Hide contents

gachalocations.png

Where exactly are the capsule machines? I am fast travelling to these Torii gates and can't find the capsule machines unless you mean in the surrounding area of these gates?

1 hour ago, Wildwanderer71 said:

I'm still missing one KK's notes from the school. When I'm outside the school. The beads point inside the school. When I'm inside, the beads point outside. It's right next to a Capsule Machine I can see in spectral vision, but I can't get there. I've been literally looking for an hour. Of course, not 30 seconds from when I typed this I found a little crawlspace nearby that led me to it.

Check the basketball court first floor in the school. That's most likely the last one you need. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lamboh1997 said:

Hi! I have two questions

1. How many new torii gates was added? I only see one (the school)
2. I have some problems with the school missions too, I think. I already beated Hanako, but no trophy and the game doesnt gave me any new side missions after that. So there was only 2, and nothing after that...

I deleted the game then installed it again and still nothing, great... :D 

2 hours ago, TheWintendoHii said:

This update kind of caught me off guard.. I haven't really been following the news and currently in the middle of my play through for the platinum and noticed they added a bunch of stuff to the base game like new quests, powers, collectibles etc, anyone able to confirm if any of this has any impact on the trophies related to them for the platinum? For example trophies for doing everything like side quests, unlocking all power still only pertain to the base quests and powers only and excludes the new ones? 

I don't think anyone knows how the new update impacts base game trophies. Do keep us posted in case you notice something strange.

So I have been trying to find all the cats in the new game mode and I figured out that the cats always spawn in the same missions. You can hear a cat sound when starting the floor. 

Now most of them have been okay but I'm stumped at the mission where you have to find the lion relic masks. Did anybody find the cat in this mission? 

Edit: just saw that upgrading the spirit perception beads to lv 3 will guide you to cats. Will try again with these.

Edited by Laozuli

7 minutes ago, shownamemenu said:

Excuse me, sorry to bother you, but is this whole DLC feels harder than completing Sifu Areneas DLC 100% for you?

Hmmm its way easier, hardest part is just leveling to 50 and getting those one shot beads. It makes the rest of the dlc a cakewalk and you can just speedrun levels focussing on your catalogue tasks.

Its just more grindy and the collectibles are a bit of a pain in the main game but thanks to everyone here in this thread all have been found already :). 

So my conclusion after a good 10h with it is that its 4/10 max but a bit of a grind. 

• Like 3

Can anyone confirm if finding Graffiti is required to get XP or skill points? I'm still doing the school mission and need to find the KK investigation notes that were added post update. I saw there are 40+ graffiti added to the tasks along with Tanuki  and Jizo statues. I've already 100% the game pre-update and I'm playing at the point of no return. If the new side quests and investigation notes are enough to unlock all skills, I don't feel like tracking down the graffiti as well.

Edited by wrecktr_spectr

6 minutes ago, wrecktr_spectr said:

Can anyone confirm if finding Graffiti is required to get XP or skill points? I'm still doing the school mission and need to find the KK investigation notes that were added post update. I saw there are 40+ graffiti added to the tasks along with Tanuki  and Jizo statues. I've already 100% the game pre-update and I'm playing at the point of no return. If the new side quests and investigation notes are enough to unlock all skills, I don't feel like tracking down the graffiti as well.

No.

I had picked all new KK files and spirits and had more than enough XP. The new lvl cap is set at 55, the graffiti are not required. I got like 3.

Edit: Don’t forget that in the school you need to buy 3 magatama and find a yokai on the 3rd floor, next to room 28. All needed to unlock the new skills.

Edited by vasili_koulakov

30 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Hmmm its way easier, hardest part is just leveling to 50 and getting those one shot beads. It makes the rest of the dlc a cakewalk and you can just speedrun levels focussing on your catalogue tasks.

Do you have to reset the mode or something to do the no hit challenge after you get the iron beads or can you work on it afterwards? I know it's a rogue-lite, I'm just not sure about the order you tackle catalogue tasks. 

Edited by bikeman223

1 hour ago, Laozuli said:

So I have been trying to find all the cats in the new game mode and I figured out that the cats always spawn in the same missions. You can hear a cat sound when starting the floor. 

Now most of them have been okay but I'm stumped at the mission where you have to find the lion relic masks. Did anybody find the cat in this mission? 

Edit: just saw that upgrading the spirit perception beads to lv 3 will guide you to cats. Will try again with these.

Can you just keep farming the same levels for cats or do you need 20 individual ones?

Edited by Vastatia

4 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Where exactly are the capsule machines? I am fast travelling to these Torii gates and can't find the capsule machines unless you mean in the surrounding area of these gates?

Check the basketball court first floor in the school. That's most likely the last one you need. 

Capsules are marked on each map. Literally, as an icons.

• Like 2