Sony changed the maximum “trophies in a row” pop up notification

UlvenFenrir

So this is going to matter to some people and for others probably not so much. But since i didnt know about it untill today and i cant find any notes about it in any firmware update id thought i wanted to see what others think of it.

Basically ive been playing project warlock on PS5 and by the end of my first playthrough i was excited to see 5 trophies pop in a row because it rarely ever happens but to my surprise i only saw 1 trophy pop which was for beating the final boss. I didnt see the other 4 trophies pop which was for all difficulties. Obvioulsy i was surprised and kinda confused, thought maybe the trophies had bugged out but i checked my list and they were all registered as unlocked with the correct timestamps and screenshots/(12 sec?)video.

So i googled it. Curious as to find out if it was a bug or whatever but apparently its not. Sony changed how many trophies pops in a row on your screen. They changed this within the last 12 months or so. Why limit the amount of trophies you will see pop up on your screen to a maximum of 3 instead of just making it something you can change within the notification settings like everything else? Seems odd to me.

And yes it annoys me. I like collecting trophies just like everybody else and not seeing every trophy youve worked towards pop sucks. 

Anybody got any insight or know why sony changed it? Thoughts? Does it bother you or not? Just want to hear other peoples opinions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disaster500 said:

This is such a random thing to change, I can't think of any reason why they would that.

I don't like this change though, now if you expect several trophies at once, you'll have to manually check the list every time to check they're all there. Maybe if they didn't want many trophies to pop up in a row, they should combine them into one notification that says "X trophies earned", and clicking the PS button tells you what they are.

Yeah my thoughts as well. With sony its always 5 steps back and one baby step forward.

• Like 2

I realized this last summer when I played the Killzone Shadowfall stand aloe expansion, I autopopped the 7 trophies that I had completed in the dlc but only 1 trophy popped on screen. I was waiting for the rest to pop. I had to go into my trophies to see that they had popped. It happened more recently with Kona. I beat the game and because I did all the missable trophies in one play through i only had 1 of 5 trophies pop on screen.

• Like 2

I noticed this almost a year ago when auto popping the Resident Evil 3 platinum. I thought it didn't work, but they were all there. It seems like Sony did change sometime within the last year or so. I liked seeing them all pop and I am not sure why they changed it. Oh well. It's not a big deal.

Does this mean that when you earn the last trophy before the plat, only that trophy or the platinum will show? I’ve got 2 difficulty trophies left for Battlefield Hardline, I’m curious to see which trophy/trophies will show. Not that it matters to me, I guess. Seems pointless, as someone above mentioned, why not just make it customisable? 

They also changed the platinum animation when that pops on screen, but doesn't show the actual trophy image which is very strange. Why show every other image but not the one you probably care about the most? These changes seem out of place since they have been untouched for over a decade, it's a downgrade imo.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

So this is going to matter to some people and for others probably not so much. But since i didnt know about it untill today and i cant find any notes about it in any firmware update id thought i wanted to see what others think of it.

Basically ive been playing project warlock on PS5 and by the end of my first playthrough i was excited to see 5 trophies pop in a row because it rarely ever happens but to my surprise i only saw 1 trophy pop which was for beating the final boss. I didnt see the other 4 trophies pop which was for all difficulties. Obvioulsy i was surprised and kinda confused, thought maybe the trophies had bugged out but i checked my list and they were all registered as unlocked with the correct timestamps and screenshots/(12 sec?)video.

So i googled it. Curious as to find out if it was a bug or whatever but apparently its not. Sony changed how many trophies pops in a row on your screen. They changed this within the last 12 months or so. Why limit the amount of trophies you will see pop up on your screen to a maximum of 3 instead of just making it something you can change within the notification settings like everything else? Seems odd to me.

And yes it annoys me. I like collecting trophies just like everybody else and not seeing every trophy youve worked towards pop sucks. 

Anybody got any insight or know why sony changed it? Thoughts? Does it bother you or not? Just want to hear other peoples opinions.

With PS5, when i popped multiple, I'll get 1 and then shows a plat or whatever. Then if i check the app. thats it. Shows 10, 20,40 trophies whatever.

I prefer it this way. Who wants to sit and see "ding,.... ding,.....ding.....ding...." 20+ times? i sure as fuck don't 

• Like 2

i wish sony didn't make the change imo but it's not going to impact my gaming with them. i like the multiple trophy pop up's myself so i can keep track what i'm missing (not alot of games have more than 3 pop-up's at at time).

Edited by Lordguwa