PS3 Hidden gems,*

UNLEADED_BRONZE

8 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Brutal Legend

Sequel or not, I can't understand why no one does another heavy metal game around Jack Black's persona.

The dude never stopped being well-known, but even the younger generation knows him now due to his online presence and Bowser voice acting.

9 minutes ago, Richtoon said:

Blur

Split/second 

Pure

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 

MotorStorm

Not exactly "hidden", but there are definitely some gems in there.

Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord

It’s a PS3 exclusive and has been one of my favorite games and stories ever since I first played it in 2016. This 70-80 hour game used to be on the PS Store for a mere €10, but it—and all of its DLC—got delisted back in 2021 due to licensing issues, alongside other Aquaplus/Atlus titles. If you want to play it nowadays, your only (legal) option is to get it physically, which can quickly cost you over €60, even for a used copy. But it’s definitely worth, it in my opinion, and I hope to get back to it eventually to experience it again and earn the post-game trophies.

Time and Eternity

Another hidden, and somewhat unique gem I hold near and dear to my heart, as you can tell by my profile—Although I will concede that it’s not for everyone, and might be a bit repetitive sometimes. This one suffered a similar fate to the previous game I mentioned, being available digitally from 2013 to 2015. It’s now only available physically, with similar prices. I’m not sure what the DLC entailed, since I only got the game in 2017, but I was still able to download the free official PS3 themes from the store in 2018. These have also been delisted now, but I’m not sure when.

NiGHTS Into Dreams

One of my favorite games. It’s a remastered version of the Saturn game, however, it also allows you to play the original version, if that’s more your thing. It’s a pretty short game and only costs €8, so you can’t really go wrong with it. While there has been no hint of this one getting delisted anytime soon, I’d still recommend you don’t sleep on it for too long, considering that this is a digital-only title. I recommend checking out other rereleases of old 3D Sega games on the PS Store as well, since they’re all very cheap.  

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

I’m not sure if this one can be considered “hidden” or a “gem”, but this game, and it’s PS Vita remake, are my favorites from this franchise that has now been milked to death. While all of the DLC for the PS3 version has been delisted (both free and paid) you can still buy it digitally for €20. The PS Vita remake has a bunch of new and exclusive content, and you can download all of the DLC content that got delisted from the PS3 version for free, if that’s more your thing.

The Guided Fate Paradox

This one is quite punishing, and has a long and arduous platinum. I’m over 200 hours in, and I still have a decent chunk of progress to do for the platinum. It got a sequel, with a much easier, but still time-consuming platinum. I can’t really speak for that one because I want to start it only after platting its predecessor.

Dark Void

It’s basically Anthem nearly a decade before it existed, and unlike Anthem, it’s actually good. It’s been delisted from all the stores due to the devs going bankrupt, but the DLC is still up at the time of writing. There are some (challenging) DLC trophies, so if this seems like something you might like, and you are a completionist like I am, it’s better to act fast before that one is gone too.

I had some other games I wanted to mention, but I see that others on this thread already mentioned those.

• Like 3

Rain - Really fun short game with a nice little story.

Mini ninjas - I don't know if this is popular or not but i really enjoyed it.

Where the wild things are - Never heard of this game until 2022, it's actually really fun, underrated gem for me.

Puss in boots - I like the sword fighting, pretty fun.

The Smurfs 2 - Easy platforming game but also really good to me, i had a lot of fun on it..

Jurassic: The hunted - Similar to the king kong game on PS2, really fun.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Gotta be patient with Jason though. Great guy. Amazing collection. But he actually isn't super knowledgeable about videogames (except for the ones he worked in at Sierra). He will call any game he never heard of an hidden gem 1f602.png

patient indeed. There's so many times i can't help but laugh my ass off at how dumb he seems. "The PS5 has a trigger vibration? wow. i mean that's unique. i never knew that. huh." Or when he never knew a game had a free upgrade but it says it right on the box lol. 

Still, not as bad as Reggie ?

@Infected Elite Yeah. But to be fair he always put a lot of his time into building and organizing his collection, and spent even more time working on his videos and improving the channel. The guy rarely played a game for more than 5 minutes.

He seems to be playing a bit more lately though.

Still, not a big issue for me. Some people I follow/watch because they know more than I do, others I just watch because they're good entertainers/creators.

Jason, Reggie, Paul and Riggs are fun to watch. I actually learned stuff from Kelsey and Kinsey. Can't stand John Hancock.

• Like 1

Just got myself a small ps3 collection, think its pretty good, and some hidden gems in it.

Ar Nosurge

CrossXEdge

Deception IV Blood Ties

El Shaddai

Killer is Dead

Lollipop Chainsaw

Metal Gear Rising

Ridge Racer 7

The Saboteur

Shadows of the Damned

Tears of Tiara 2

Time and Eternity

Trinity Universe

Way of The Samurai 3

YYpNGXj.jpg

• Like 1

Crash Commando - Side scrolling Unreal Tournament

Outrun Online - Super remaster of an arcade classic

Motorstorm RC - Addictive racing

Sound shapes - Intuitive side scrolling rhythm platformer

Singularity - Solid sci-fi FPS

Wangan Midnight/Initial Stage D - Anime & story heavy racing games

Hidden gems for me:

Spec Ops The Line (One of the best storys that i've played)

Alice Madness Returns  

Dante's Inferno (God of War like but fun as hell)

Silent Hill 2 & 3 (Not as hidden but my personal favourite horror/thriller games)

those are games I already played.. still got many games in the backlog which I didn't play till now. Maybe there are more and the games mentioned before seems interesting.

• Like 1

A lot of the games mentioned aren't hidden as they have a lot of players. Here's mine, I do like shooters. 

Digital 

The Unfinished Swan

Proteus

Velocity Ultra

Dogfight 1942

God Mode

Physical 

Aliens Colonial Marines

Lost Planet 3

Operation Flashpoint Red River

Shadows of the Damned

Singularity