Cloudflare security checks keep returning

Lack of communication is the frustration here with a lot of us. I can trust cloudflare. 

Bots or not.. you should NOT be having a verification check every second page even with caching issues. This is rediculous now, the entire reason PST.org is dead is because the singular dev behind the site didn't get help or communicate with the users. 

I'm a software engineer/network engineer myself and know what stress that can be even with a team, but this is beyond now. 

• Like 3

On phone it's pretty unusable for me. Between Cloudflare verifying my humanity multiple times in a row and the ads (I usually just browse this site signed out on mobile) being strategically placed in front of places I'm most likely to click, I'm constantly making mistakes that cost me like 2-3 minutes of undoing and I just don't check this site for very long from my phone. It's more usable on PC between my premium status, adblockers, and Cloudflare actually letting me in. The site is even slower than it was a couple months ago and pages fail to load with a bad gateway error or a solid white screen fairly often, but it does work eventually if you're big on the "it could be worse" mindset.

I'm confident this issue will be addressed and fixed just as fast as the issue regarding TSW2's DLC trophies breaking accounts was fixed... haha.

• Like 3

It's not just this site for me. I've been having the cloudflare security pop up on random sites repeatedly over the last few months. Since the kiwifarms thing last year it's been happening more and more. There are a couple older forums that are nearly unusable from the constant interruptions.

Edited by Jelly Soup

I can't use this site's forums in desktop mode on mobile at all. No matter the browser, I get stuck in the cloudflare loop. It won't even let me check the box or do a puzzle or a handstand or anything. 

I have to switch to mobile mode just to get past the loop, and even then, I get it every time I minimize the page to do something else. 

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 21 Ultra.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

It's not just this site for me. I've been having the cloudflare security pop up on random sites repeatedly over the last few months. Since the kiwifarms thing last year it's been happening more and more. There are a couple older forums that are nearly unusable from the constant interruptions.

Cloudflare sucks, so not too surprising. Get it on Gematsu a lot, too. 

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Cloudflare sucks, so not too surprising. Get it on Gematsu a lot, too. 

I get this on SteamDB a fair bit as well, though not as much lately. Also, I've had 6 CloudFlare connection checks in 5 minutes, just browsing through my notifications on PSNP :facepalm:.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BlindMango said:

No matter what I do with clearing cache, cookies, and on and on the "verifying" box spins for a few seconds then it just hangs on this screen forever and ever

351459.jpg

I've never encountered such a problem, both on Chrome (Android) and Firefox (Windows), even though I've got these Cloudflare security checks too many times throughout the day.

I use Chrome, the cloudflare automatically checks a dozen times everyday, never seen the blocks, though, it is just an automatic verify that lasts 4 or 5 seconds, it happens either when using cellphone with Android or laptop. It bothers me because I use the site too often.

Edited by GravityQueeen

28 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

As annoying as it is, I'm glad Sly is working on it. I know nothing about coding so I can't sit here and even pretend to make it sound like an easy fix. Take all the time you need Sly, we appreciate you. 

The forums performance has been an issue for nearly 2yrs! If it wasn't for people seeing the Cloudflare check I doubt anything would ever be done. Or so I was told by someone.. 

Not sure why the servers get overloaded, there's no increase in number of users I can see? And the user online numbers are always very low, for instance about 600 online now. So I'm not sure what is overloading the servers? 

All the Shovelware maybe? I would've thought all that would be needed is a server upgrade?

On 23/06/2023 at 3:45 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

The man has spoken, knowing that the Big Boss is aware of the issue is enough for peace of mind.

mgs2_163_0971.jpg

Sorry for the ignorance, what does anyone knows what "bots" are they talking about? Are they user bots created by someone or just common bots like every site has?

38 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The forums performance has been an issue for nearly 2yrs! If it wasn't for people seeing the Cloudflare check I doubt anything would ever be done. Or so I was told by someone.. 

Not sure why the servers get overloaded, there's no increase in number of users I can see? And the user online numbers are always very low, for instance about 600 online now. So I'm not sure what is overloading the servers? 

All the Shovelware maybe? I would've thought all that would be needed is a server upgrade?

I'm not sure tbh, I just wanted to leave my 2 cents in a positive light but yeah I don't know, it's complicated I guess?

2 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

I'm not sure tbh, I just wanted to leave my 2 cents in a positive light but yeah I don't know, it's complicated I guess?

Maybe hire someone who knows what they're doing then?