The Last of Us Confirmed on PS4!

Flop

So the news finally leaked! From IGN.Com:

If a video on Turkish website Multiplayer is any indication, The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer, and it will come packing single-player DLC Left Behind.

According to NeoGAF user Quirah (via user chadskin), Sercan Sulun – PlayStation’s Eurasian Software Market Manager -- says that while a sequel to The Last of Us may not be forthcoming any time soon, the “first game will be released this summer for PS4 as a physical and digital copy, with enhanced graphics.”

If true – and it appears that it is, as Sulun is a high-ranking member of Sony that’s been with the company since August of 2012 – this would be a huge win for PS4 gamers hungry for some first party content. Other than Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, MLB 14: The Show, and The Order: 1886, no triple-A first party games have been announced in PlayStation 4's 2014 calendar.

The Last of Us launched exclusively on PlayStation 3 in June of 2013. 

Update: A Turkish speaker has provided IGN with a more thorough translation of what Sercan Sulun told Multiplayer.

"There is no information about a new The Last of Us game but I can share this knowledge; as of this summer, The Last of Us will be on the PS4. Both on PSN and physically."

"The PS4 version will also include the DLC so you will be able to play 'Left Behind' as well."

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

Rereleasing PS3 games on PS4 or the complaining about it?

Both. 

Ideally Naughty Dog are working on another project (besides Uncharted 4, which we already know about) and a small team was used to port this to the PS4 while the rest are working on whatever else, but this is awesome news for the people who decided to ditch Microsoft and play a Sony console this generation because they get to experience one of the best games of all time. 

Parker

• Like 2

If this is true is the best news of the year

The best ps3 game in 1080p 60fps

Well, seems pretty true to me. But I'm still waiting for Naughty Dog, and Neil Druckman and/or Bruce Straley confirm that this is true. It better be. Cause if so, 'The Last of Us' will be the reason that I got a PS4. I was waiting to get a PS4 right before 'Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain' releases, but if this is true, I'll be getting a PS4 way earlier than I expected. But if this is not true...

Edited by jack21_98

I have it on PS3, why would I want to pay $60 for a game I already own

Because there are quite a few people (like me) who haven't played it because they are crossing over or they had it on the back burner. With a release on the current generation it will allow those people to play it considering that game selection is sparse. I've heard nothing but compliments and can't wait to sink my teeth in it if the rumor is true.