The Last of Us Confirmed on PS4!

Flop

This is kind of odd to me considering TLoU was supposed to be one of the games available on PSNow 

True, "The Last of Us" is rumored to be a 'Playstation Now' title, in which, if so, the feature "PlayStation now" will stream it on PS4 this summer then. Man, I'm still waiting for this news update to be confirmed as legit, and not confirmed as a LE RUSÉ. I'll seriously cry for days if this is just a fake scam, or on how this may be an April Fools prank, as last year there were already April Fool pranks in the last days of March. *Growls*

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the last of us multiplayer so seeing that on ps4 is something of interest to me, however i dont want to buy it when i already have it for ps3, if theres an upgrade scheme that also passes over the season pass i currently hold then im game for it. If there isn't one of those then god damn it i wish i had waited, i dont own the ps3 in my house just the game lol 

Honestly pretty pointless if u ask me... If u don't have it by now and you want it on next gen your pretty stupid. It won't look or feel much different at all.

So a 360 user last generation who switched to the PS4 this generation is stupid for wanting to experience this game? I think it has the potential to look quite a bit better as well, Tomb Raider certainly did so I'm sure this game would too. 

Parker

• Like 1

As with Tomb Raider, I will not be repurchasing a game at full price simply for slightly enhanced graphics. I'll consider replaying this wonderful game when I can pick it up for $15. I really hope that this is only going to be a trend throughout the first year of PS4. Long term, there is no reason to continuously re-release PS3 games on PS4. It's not the same as HD upgrades from the PS2 era actually getting significant improvements with HD collections. 

This move was predictable, it's like Tomb Raider......the appearance of TLOU in PS4 might make us think that they want the PS4 owners who don't have a PS3 to enjoy the story, so that they can follow the story during further entries.... could this be hinting a TLOU sequel? I mean, with TR they made the Definitive Edition for PS4-only owners to play the first chapter of a series which is gonna continue on the PS4. I'm one of those who think TLOU should stay as a one-time classic, but if a sequel happens I won't complain ^^

Edited by omar280792
  • Like 1

Because there are quite a few people (like me) who haven't played it because they are crossing over or they had it on the back burner. With a release on the current generation it will allow those people to play it considering that game selection is sparse. I've heard nothing but compliments and can't wait to sink my teeth in it if the rumor is true.

Same here, and I will gladly give then if one day they release again on handheld.

It's the best ps3 game and one of the best game of all time. Better than paying 60 dollars every year on sports or call of duty games, it's my opinion, please dont murder me, :)

• Like 4

Despite the game having questionable story flow IMO, the game is overall a great experience. It's a good addition to the PS4's game portfolio, which I am enjoying perhaps too much. Curious to see if they add a few cool things here and there, assuming ND is actually in charge of this.

I've already played through this game and know what to expect. I'm hoping that it both receives the treatment TR got, but more importantly, doesn't pave the way to juiced up PS4 titles of the previous generation.

I'm still keen on buying this for PS4 though, despite having it on Playstation 3.

For all those worrying about developers porting their PS3 games to the PS4, I really don't think it is going to be happening with older titles. I believe it is being done because these developers had the PS4 devkits while their games were being developed so why wouldn't you port your newest game to the newest system?

I may be completely wrong in my thinking but I really doubt we're going to see "remastered" games from earlier in the PS3's life. 

Parker

For all those worrying about developers porting their PS3 games to the PS4, I really don't think it is going to be happening with older titles. I believe it is being done because these developers had the PS4 devkits while their games were being developed so why wouldn't you port your newest game to the newest system?

I may be completely wrong in my thinking but I really doubt we're going to see "remastered" games from earlier in the PS3's life.

Parker

If you are referencing me in this as well, it's mostly that I don't want to see it too frequently early in the PS4 cycle. There are a lot of people who don't see the appeal with the majority of titles released being old Ports, even though most of which aren't that old (injustice is probably the oldest).

That said, however Sony does this won't matter much to me. Still good to see solid Ports. The last of us is definitely a keeper.