International Hunting Day - The Ultimate Trophy List Edition!

International Trophy Hunting Day Questionaire!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in International Trophy Hunting Day on September 23rd, 2023?

• Yes
    • No Thanks
  2. 2. Do you like the new format/idea?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Undecided
    • Meh
    • Hate it

This poll is closed to new votes

Sad to see we didn't come close to the 10,000 mark but not too surprising as it would've required an average of over 100 trophies per person. Very nicely done to those who did get huge trophy hauls of course.

I'll echo @Han_the_Dragon 's opinion on both solo vs. community as well as the duration of the event. There's plenty of solo events on this site but very little in the way of team events, and even less where you actually have to coordinate to achieve specific goals.

I do think expanding it to be an entire weekend could be fun, but wouldn't want to see it go for longer. It was fun to have to work against the clock and execute a plan on a tight deadline. If we had an entire month there would be no time pressure unless the goals were made to be absolutely crazy.

Overall it was an entertaining and well-run event, and I will definitely be back for next year!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

And as for it becoming a longer event, be it a week or a full month, I'm not sure how it would work, the short amount of time is what makes people really focus on it (at least for me, when it's longer events, I usually get lazy somewhere along the line and sometimes lose interest). But making it a full weekend, may work to get more people involved, while still making it a sprint event.

Agreed. A week or longer is a bit much, but a full weekend sounds good.

• Like 2

Congrats on everyone's combined efforts! Seeing the community come together like this to achieve the same goal for fun is part of what makes PSNProfiles special and I most certainly look forward to next year. Thank you to @Beyondthegrave07 for organising the event and thank you to everyone who participated, regardless of how many trophies were popped during the day. 

1 hour ago, Prometheous101 said:

IDK what you talking about......

Sounds like someone was in VR so much, they forgot the event was taking place ;)

5 hours ago, VersusCA said:

I'll echo @Han_the_Dragon 's opinion on both solo vs. community as well as the duration of the event. There's plenty of solo events on this site but very little in the way of team events, and even less where you actually have to coordinate to achieve specific goals.

I do think expanding it to be an entire weekend could be fun, but wouldn't want to see it go for longer. It was fun to have to work against the clock and execute a plan on a tight deadline. If we had an entire month there would be no time pressure unless the goals were made to be absolutely crazy.

I totally agree with this also. But yeah, the idea of the community coming together is definitely something that isn't in events too much (granted I don't think I've taken part in many, but I like them so I'll definitely join in with more in the future)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Too bad we didn't get the plat. But good work regardless! It was nice to work towards a common goal, don't think we have any other events where we don't just earn trophies for ourselves and instead need to work together to accomplish specific goals. The emphasis on the community aspect is part of what made this event stand out from many of the others.

Since duration of the event came up: We could consider extending it to one weekend or a week at most. I'm leaning more towards a weekend. The requirements would need to be higher as well if we do that. One day is alright, though, we don't really need to extend it.

Anyway, I'm already preparing for next year's event and have quite a few trophies that I want to get. Most games I play are too long to be completed in a day. So for me, this event will always be a bunch of auto pops and one or two games I actually play. I intend to withhold all auto pops I'd get and use them for the 2024 event with the only caveat being online games. If servers are about to go down or a platform won't be supported any longer, I need to pop them early.

Edited by viech54

I probably won't have any autopops next year as I don't really try to go for them, generally if I do a stack I replay the game I it's entirety. Next year I will just have to play some short games with easy trophies. 😋 Or maybe I will aim for some UR's.

Either way it was fun. The community aspect is what really makes this event stand out. Shout out to our event host @Beyondthegrave07 and our event coordinator @pelagia14! Here's to next year!

• Like 1

Big thanks to @Beyondthegrave07 and @pelagia14 for running and coordinating things! Obviously I only hopped in at the last minute so wasn't involved in any of the leadup and preplanned stuff, but it was fun to read through people's progress

To echo other people, I liked the event format a genuine community event with people working together rather than an individual challenge or competitive event. For the lengh, I think a day was ok, but a weekend would be the sweetspot for participation since people are less likely to get completely taken out of the picture by real life happening unexpectedly. Maybe there could even be both daily and overall goals for it just to add to the variety?

Either way, good show everyone!

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Colors of the Rainbow trophy was to have 7 different plats or 100%s that match those colors. I'm 90% sure we got it, but if anyone would like to claim the colors have at it.

I can at least claim yellow as covered for my only completion :D

S267032.png

4 hours ago, viech54 said:

I'm already preparing for next year's event and have quite a few trophies that I want to get. Most games I play are too long to be completed in a day. So for me, this event will always be a bunch of auto pops and one or two games I actually play. I intend to withhold all auto pops I'd get and use them for the 2024 event with the only caveat being online games. If servers are about to go down or a platform won't be supported any longer, I need to pop them early.

Pretty much my exact plan each year. I save my auto pops and if I happen to play a short and easy game with PS4/PS5 stacks throughout the year, I'll save the other stack for trophy day (this year those games were Pinball Heroes and Super Stardust Portable).

My breakdown for this year:

Pinball Heroes PS4 - 21 trophies including :platinum:.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order PS5 - auto pop, 40 trophies including :platinum:.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure PS5 - auto pop, 46 trophies including :platinum:.

Super Stardust Portable PS4 - 16 trophies including :platinum:, I'd already earned Late Boomer ahead of time because it's the most difficult trophy and I didn't want to have to worry about it on trophy day.

The Light in the Darkness PS5 - 13 trophies including :platinum: and I learned more about the holocaust than I already knew... a sobering game.

Sea of Stars PS5 - 2 trophies, I took a break from my planned trophy day games and happened to earn a couple of trophies from a game I was already playing normally.

Tacoma PS4 - 13 trophies including :platinum:.

The Pedestrian PS4 - 9 trophies, I was too late popping the last one by about a minute and a half to include it in my total 😕.

160 in total. I'm pleased with my performance, I think this is the most I've earned on a trophy day in 5 years of participation. I always have fun with this event!

• Like 2

Wow, despite not getting the event Platinum we still crushed it!

I'll echo the comments from others that the communal aspect was super fun, and a weekend would be good but nothing longer than that. 

I also liked the idea of people being able to contribute towards specific goals even if they only earned a few trophies (for example, having 50 separate people earn at least one trophy). 

• Like 2

Thanks @Beyondthegrave07 for the event, was fun even if I didnt planned as much as a lot of other people did, hope to do better next year.

Sadly I have to write my unpopular opinion, I think that autopopped and ezpz shouldn't be allowed, maybe make the goals smaller but don't make it about just a few people unlocking a lot of easy trophies, 50% of the earned trophies were done by the top 5 and there were around 90 participants... Even some of the UR trophies were autopopped... I know that a lot of people wont agree with me but dont make it about sheer void numbers, thats sadly what is killing our hobby.

• Like 1