What Games Have The Best Boss Battles?

Kazeh54

Bioshock - Fontaine 

His appearance and voice was beyond grotesque and creepy - whats not to love??? 

Bioshock Infinite - Not sure if this counts but it felt like a boss battle - The giant mass of enemies on the ship with Songbird at the end. It was so chaotic but amazing!! I actually felt like I was fighting for my life lol not gonna like that battle on 1999 mode.

Bayonetta - every boss battle. we all know why.

FFXIII - anything that casts doom on you. The adrenaline....the thrill...the panic. Yes, please.

Fighting game bosses - Parace L'Sia (Arcana Heart 3) - Very tough to keep up with her, very frustrating!!! but it will make you better and definitely more confident. 

Edited by miki-iki

Metal Gear Solid 3

The End - A very tense match especially if you're going for a Stamania win.

Metal Gear Solid 4

Liquid Fist FIght - To me this fight just feels very real, like it's really a final duel. Probably my favorite final boss ever.

God of War 2

Colossus of Rhodes - Epic. And seeing Kratos losing his powers was a great moment.

Dark Souls

Hydra - May not be a full fledged boss but the surprise factor alone makes it a worthy mention.

Heavenly Sword

Bohan - Fighting in the midst of a war and destroying everyone that is between you and your oponnent. It makes you feel truly powerful.

Edited by javahouse

Dragon's Dogma has some great ones, if you count the huge enemies as bosses. Fighting the 2 Condemned Gorecyclopes in Bitterblack Isle was intense. Then there's Death, he always scares me. Of course the Dragons, Griffins, and Cockatrice are all awesome too. So many to chose from.

• 7 months later...

My favorite boss fight was Zeromus, Final Fantasy IV. Some games that I enjoyed boss fights was Kingdom Hearts 2, Dr. Willy Mega man 2 (easy but music was awesome!), many weapon bosses in Final Fantasy games, god of war bosses I also enjoyed. Many more but that's what I can currently think of :)

Edited by Zeromus

There's alot of them, but i'll say those that are atop my head.

Batman Arkham City: Mr. Freeze.

I wished more boss battles were more like this. Since Mr. Freeze adapt to your attacks, you can't do same twice. That makes you think and plan a few moves ahead.

Batman Arkham Origins: Deathstroke.

What i like about this boss battle is that it feels like you are fighting Deathstroke. When you do counterattacks against him he'll dodge them. I like this particular counterattack animation when he lands 2 quick blows with his staff and then you can counter it.

• 3 months later...

Bayonetta bosses are great :D 

Zelda orcarina of times the first big boss the "Spider" 
Shes not really special but there are so great memories ^^ Like almost piiing in my pants because I was so afraid of her :D when I now playing its like haha :D what was up with you? I remeber also that it took me loooong time to get her down :) 

I don't know if this will qualify, and not surprised to see it absent from the list, but Monster Rancher for PS1 had Invitation Battles with "elite monsters" and unless you knew which stats to raise and knew how to fight well...you didn't get through those fights lmfao. Gabarn...the bastard...

I know that this more than likely doesn't count but some of the "boss" battles in Guitar Hero III were fun to play.

I enjoyed the "boss" battles in Borderlands too.