What Games Have The Best Boss Battles?

Kazeh54

I think for me; my favourite boss fight was "The Final Fight" in Dragon's Dogma, this will include spoilers, if you do not wish to read then please ignore this post. So as I was saying, the dragon fight from Dragon's Dogma has been my first boss fight that had be glued to the tv with excitement and fear, it's also the first boss where I felt like I took a larger role - dodging its fire, running to the other side of the bridge while it's crumbling and climbing its back avoiding harpies the same time. It's not the most challenging of bosses (yeah Ninja Gaiden I'm talking about you) but it was the most entertaining for me.

I also liked the mini bosses throughout the game - Gryffins, Cyclops, Stone/Metal Golem etc.

Sadly, I didn't experience this haha. I had this one arrow that one-shot him so I completed that battle like nothing. I forgot the name of the arrow though. 

Pretty much any of the bosses in Lost Planet 2 were fun to do, especially in co-op.

This ^  :)  I know some didn't like the 2nd game but it was a big boss blast and co-op is a must!

Dragon's Dogma was so much fun, Grigori yeah, but I loved the Daimon fight...well, every fight really!  Lol  There surely has to be a sequel...

Final Fantasy bosses, take your pick.

Souls franchise obviously.

Monster Hunter...I really miss Monster Hunter :(

Shadow of the Colossus.

Ratchet & Clank had some great boss moments...giant Clank ftw lol

Gotta give props to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Not only is every single boss battle fun, but the fact that every single boss has their own distinct theme music (that fills you in on something about the boss in question) just makes them perfect. Particularly the final battle, which is one of the most balls out badass fights in gaming history.

Also, the fight against Luca Blight in Suikoden 2, which is the crowning moment of awesomeness for the already badass bad guy that is Luca. THREE separate battles (with six of your party members per fight, for a total of 18 characters going up against him), a trap turning him into a living pincushion, a final one-on-one duel to the death, and he STILL gives one more verbal "f-k you" to you before finally dying. It's the greatest RPG fight ever.

Damn! Where to begin?

Bayonetta

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry 3 (Every boss in DMC2 was a joke for the fact that you can just spam SMG's the whole battle lol)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Every boss battle was epic as hell)

Metal Gear Rising Revengence (That whole game was SICK!!!)

God of War (ALL of them!!)

Batman Arkham Asylum

Onimusha 1

Onimusha 3

Tenchu Stealth Assassins

Tenchu Wrath of Heaven

Dirge of Cerbrus Final Fantasy 7

Megaman X4-X6 (all the boss battles were challenging. Especially in X6)

Demon's Souls

Asura's Wrath

The Legend of Dragoon

And SO many more!! These are off the top of my head.

-Plenty of Zelda bosses

-15/16 of the Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus

-The final boss fights for KHII, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Persona 3, Binary Domain, Gravity Rush

-Rundas in Metroid Prime 3

-Molgera in Wind Waker

-Delphinus in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (the only boss in the series I fought that was really hard. Didn't have level cap boosts either)

-Galacta Knight in Kirby Super Star Ultra

-Tabuu (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

-Pretty much every boss in Madworld

And while I know this wouldn't be a boss, I decided to also add the final level in CoD 4, MW2, MW3, Black Ops II, and Advanced Warfare (Because I had WAY too much fun on those missions)

Actually the boss fight against Sif In Dark Souls is one of my favourites ever because there comes a point where you realise that you are the aggressor and intruder and you don't want to kill her but you have to. It's heartbreaking when she limps and whimpers with a tiny bit of health left and you have to strike the killer blow. The whole fight is even harder to swallow if you've done the dlc first and you see the alternate cut scene at the start.

Bayonetta Bosses - specifically Jubileus

Persona 4 Golden Bosses - specifically Marie, Ame no sagiri, n Mitsuo

Pixel Junk Sidescroller Final Boss

Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate Final Boss

Dead Space n Dead Space 2 final bosses

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Final Boss(es) - the theme songs are also badass

Final Fantasy X - Seymour fights, Jecht n Yu Yevon

Legend of the Dragoon - Melbu Frahma

Dissidia 012 - Feral Chaos

...games with Sephiroth :)

wow... mostly all of FF final boss battle, aside from the adrenaline rush plus battle itself... the feels of the OSTs like: Dancing Mad, One-winged angel, The Extreme,The final Battle, Decisive Battle, The Battle for Freedom, Born Anew...

Edited by JeieeM

Everything else has been mentioned, so I don't want to repeat. So I add these..

selvaria-bles-o.gif

Valkyria Chronicles

Selvaria Bles 

(You get the picture, even though almost all of her boss fights involve you to hide from her)

Also Muramasa Rebirth, YS series, Okami and Eternal Sonata have amazing boss fights with amazing music. ^_^

Sif - Dark souls, And I needed his soul 4 times for platinum since I screwed up with the weapon trophy and duped a weapon with 2 of sif's souls. The battle is epic and bittersweet, it's a tragic battle imo.

Demons and Dark, the boss battles are epic beginning to end. I can't say the same for DS2 except for the ancient dragon battle, if you chose to fight it.

There's quite a few bosses in my list but I will keep it short and from my most recent gameplay. Drakengard 3 with it's final boss, I know most people didn't like this boss because it just felt right out of the blue with how to fight it but that is why I love it ( Finally my time spent so much in Space Channel 5 paid off! ) plus the music playing is quite beautiful and haunting.