What is your favorite international food?

Infected Elite

Unsure if a thread has been made about this but figured why not.

As the title states, what is your favorite international dish/food 

Mine are:

- Butter Chicken, have it at least once a week. 

- Sushi.

Please limit yourself to 1 to 3 picks.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 4

Wow!  Tough question.  I love all food!  But if I have to choose, I'll go Japanese (specifically sushi) and Indian.  Mexican and Colombian aren't far behind.  And there's Italian.  Yeah.  I love all food. 😁

And my wife's home cooking (she's Colombian) is on a whole different level so maybe I should just say my wife's cooking which can vary, but is predominantly Colombian. 

24 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Unsure if a thread has been made about this but figured why not.

As the title states, what is your favorite international dish/food 

Mine are:

- Butter Chicken, have it at least once a week. 

- Sushi.

Please limit yourself to 1 to 3 picks.

Pretty hard to limit it to three picks. Lol Ah.  Butter Chicken!  I haven't had that in ages.  I'm overdue for sure. 

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

Hmm.  Blind guess.  I'll go Korean.  Korean BBQ. 

EDIT: Oh wait.  Your name.  Okay.  Mexican.  Specifically burritos. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly haha

I also really love Japanese anything, would eat it every day if I could lol

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

I'd have to rate pizza as number one, but living in China the past few years I've definitely discovered a lot of amazing local food, especially in Yunnan province where I've been living. Two specific local dishes I absolutely love are:

Rushan (乳扇) - It's a local cheese. It's essentially super thin and stretched out then fried before being rolled up onto a stick. We tend to have it with either honey or it may be infused with rose petals. It's a great snack and although I can get it locally where I live, I've found it's best around Dali and Lijiang, up in the western mountains of Yunnan.

Kăo ĕrkuāi (烤饵块) - This one is a very popular street food in Yunnan and was actually the first thing I ever ate the first time I came to Kunming in 2013. It's essentially a grilled rice cake with a piece of yóutiáo (fried stick of dough) in the center. The ĕrkuāi is rolled around the yóutiáo and then you add some sauces to it. The typical street vendor will ask if you want both chilli and something that I guess you could compare to a slightly runnier peanut butter. It may sound crazy, but the two sauces compliment each other amazingly and it's usually something I'll stop and grab from a road side vendor if I'm up early and haven't had breakfast.

• Like 2

It's funny to me, but my first thought wasn't what I was expecting. I enjoy trying new foods and there are piles of dishes I could name as favorites. But my first thought on reading the thread title is a Swedish product called Kallas.

kalles-21-e1439029022596.png

It's a cream cheese caviar spread and it goes with goddamn everything. A Swedish friend sent me some once and now I hit IKEA every few months to get a couple tubes.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

It's funny to me, but my first thought wasn't what I was expecting. I enjoy trying new foods and there are piles of dishes I could name as favorites. But my first thought on reading the thread title is a Swedish product called Kallas.

kalles-21-e1439029022596.png

It's a cream cheese caviar spread and it goes with goddamn everything. A Swedish friend sent me some once and now I hit IKEA every few months to get a couple tubes.

This looks interesting

On topic: i love Tacos with Carne al pastor and cheese, ramen from japan, and hamburger in general

• Like 2

Chilli con carne in a subjectively very spicy version, with as much of the Carolina Reaper and Ghost Pepper sauce as I can take at the moment. I swear there is some connection between capsaicin and serotonin because even if it's getting too hot, it's... fun to eat, however stupid that might sound. I'm nowhere near people eating Carolina Reaper peppers raw though and Mexican people would likely kill me, if they saw I eat chilli with pasta... Still, my single favorite meal. 

As far as quisines in general go, I'm more of an Italian guy I guess, with my love for pizza and pastas of all kinds. There's no better form of pasta than spaghetti though, I literally always cook a little bit more than needed because when I check if it's cooked enough, instead of trying one strand, I end up with a mouthful. 

I mean I'm American, so I eat Americanized versions of international foods...but Chinese is my favorite. Specifically Pork Mei Fun is my favorite food period....like to the point where I'd be choosing it as my last meal. 

Mexican is a close second...love me some Fajitas. 

• Like 1