Servers taken offline “indefinitely” (April 19, 2024) - LBP3 PS4

I think the wording here is important to note. "Indefinitely" just means that there is no definitive end date in sight. If they had given up on this entirely, they probably would have explicitly said that the game's online features were permanently decomissioned, which they haven't. Back when the PS3 and PS Vita titles were shuttered, it was made abundantly clear that they were never coming back online. They might still be working on it in the background, but it might be such a deep-rooted or complex issue or Sony or Sumo Digital might be working on a lot of different things at the moment that makes it harder to fix this relatively low-priority issue. It's the same principle as a game being delayed indefinitely; it's not gone for good, there's just no clear date as to when this will be rolled out (or, in this case, fixed).

It ain't over 'til it's over.

• Like 3

Just now, HusKy said:

Terrible news.

This also means every single LBP games now has unobtainable trophies.

SABA has no online trophies and therefore will be obtainable until the end of time, but yeah, in terms of mainline games, you're out of luck (at least for now).

• Like 4

I think this makes LBP3 my first unobtainable platinum.

Such a shame, the games deserved better. And while less relevant for trophy hunters, LBP3 also acted as an archive for any online levels ever made across all 3 of the games, and now they're all gone too.

• Like 4

Damn, didn't realize I had online stuff to do. :/ I thought it was just the ease of doing a few of the MP levels online I had to do but I never even touched the community stuff so I'm screwed out of another LBP plat (Granted I take the L on Karting, not even sure if I could've done it anyway I'm not great with the genre). And missed Vita 100% because of the last time. But at least I got that plat.

On the upside, LBP3 is probably my least liked game in the series so not having the plat isn't the end of the world for me. It stings more when you love a game and can't get it. 

• Like 1

Oof…

…I almost expected this to be true and still a good chunk of me is upset.

R.I.P. the community servers to my all-time favourite childhood gaming franchise.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

Oh wow i went for the platinum back in november 2023 and now the servers are basically gone. Glad i got it in time but sad that others couldnt and ofcourse more sad that the servers are just gone in general. 😕

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maxie_M0us3 said:

And without flagging. LBP Union is a community to revive LBP servers, yet against CRT’s outdated hard-as-steel rules.

unless a solution without CFW can be found, I don’t see the stance changing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

Terrible news.

This also means every single LBP game now has unobtainable trophies.

Don't mistreat my boy Sackboy A Big Adventure like that lol. 

Love that game and if someone here hasn't tried it, they should definitely give it a try.

• Like 1

Was going to play this next after Helldivers 2 and ofc this happens… If anything, would love if they updated those easy online trophies to something else so the plat can be achieved forever. Disappointing but heard this was definitely worse than 1 & 2 anyway. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jjjkur said:

Was going to play this next after Helldivers 2 and ofc this happens…

Don't beat yourself over this. 

Server went down before Helldivers 2 even came out.

I'm glad i started LBP 3 randomly and did all online stuff so I can still 100% it

• Like 2