rumor: hi fi rush and sea of thieves many be coming to PlayStation

fenrir54565

Hi-fi rush i could see being ported to keep good graces with the regulators(look we are bringing bethesda games to other platforms on a case by case basis) but why sea of thieves. The regulators aren't exactly going after microsoft because of rare so i wonder what other xbox ips microsoft could think about bringing over if they are willing to port an ip thats as synonymous with xbox as sea of thieves because thats a homegrown ip rather than something they potentially took away from PlayStation like starfeild(which was announced long before the bethesda aquisition)

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've heard Hi-Fi is good, but never really heard anything positive about Sea of Thieves.

When you think this game was launched in a not-so-great state, and it saw a redemption story.

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think it is a smart move. I think Xbox has failed, and they should just focus on being a publisher and Game Pass. They would make far more money by having their games on PlayStation and Switch than their limited player base.

I've heard Hi-Fi is good, but never really heard anything positive about Sea of Thieves.

Hi-Fi Rush is basically the only Xbox Series exclusive game that can genuinely be classified as a good game without a flood of asterisks afterward.

Bringing it out for other platforms is a good move in almost every way - Bethesda/MS make more money from people more likely to actually buy it, the game gets more exposure from audiences who might actually appreciate it as a game rather than a piece of ammunition that’s only worth throwing when they determine no one’s going to buy into Redfall or Starfield hype/lies, more gamers have access to a great game, and Microsoft can give a shark smile and say “see, we play nice with others!” when the regulators get snippy - but I’m not sure if its the most logical plan. “Hey, we’re floundering, and most people’s complaint is that we don’t have enough exclusive bangers to justify owning our hardware or subscription! How will we fix this?” “Well, Phil, by moving one of the only games that matters to other platforms, rather than making more good games!” “Brilliant, lets do that!”

Pairing it with Sea of Thieves only makes it feel weirder. No shade on Sea, but it’s not exactly a barn burner. We know they’re not gonna port HaloGears, Forza or the dipso duo of “hits” from last year, but I feel like there’s still better choices. Killer Instinct, perhaps, or maybe do a PS5 Ori double pack.

I doubt anything will actually come of this, but I guess we’ll see.

• Like 1

Sea Of Thieves would be interesting I hope they bring back arena mode in some new form, I actually enjoyed it when matchmaking was fast.

EDIT: haven't tried HiFi Rush first time hearing of it.

Edited by fyiByas

This would be great for me, I was going to buy a series s at some point to play the blade and Indiana jones games that are coming out in the next few years and tbh I would love the gears trilogy on ps5 other than that I don't care about anything else on xbox. 

• Like 1

I thought Hi-Fi Rush looked really interesting and fresh when it got shadow-dropped last January, but I was pretty bummed to hear that it was only on Xbox Series X (in terms of console platforms, at least). If it makes it over to PlayStation, I'd definitely be open to giving it a try, assuming it isn't next-gen only like it is on Xbox. I always thought that making that particular game exclusive to a console that primarily hosts gritty shooters just didn't make any sense, even if Microsoft does own Bethesda.

Sea of Thieves is made by Rare, isn't it? If it does come over, then it'd be the first Rare-developed title to be released on any PlayStation platform, which would be neat.

Hi-Fi Rush was a fun experience, definitely recommend people to play it if it's coming to PS.

I personally would love to see Pentiment on PlayStation, that would be nice Platinum to have on my collection.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think it is a smart move. I think Xbox has failed, and they should just focus on being a publisher and Game Pass. They would make far more money by having their games on PlayStation and Switch than their limited player base.

the pirates of the caribbean dlc was pretty good wasn't much of a fan of the other content 

I genuinely thought it was gonna be Redfall or Starfield. Weren't they both in development for PlayStation consoles before Microsoft acquired them? More so Redfall though, Microsoft needs a return in invest on that game and releasing a PlayStation version would re-vitalize the player base.

I knew there wasn't much to fear from MS's acquisition of ABK because their performance in the console market has been consistently atrocious ever since 2013. This move just proves it even further, Microsoft is not only not even making the ABK games exclusives, they're dropping other first party devs' exclusive games on the Switch and PS5.

I give it another console gen before we have their whole back catalogue on all platforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxie_M0us3 said:

Think of Halo franchise or the two Ori games being ported over.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is in my personal Top 10 Favorite Games of All Time, maybe even top 5. It's so damn good.

Blind Forest is excellent as well, but WotW is an absolute masterpiece. Even if none of these Xbox-games-coming-to-PlayStation rumors ever comes to pass, if you have the means to play Ori on Switch, PC, or Xbox - do it.

• Like 2

Australia has a pretty good track record but they also rated a Xenosaga collection that never became a thing. Not that I'll be buying these games even if they do release on playstation because fuck Microsoft.

2 hours ago, Juzota said:

Hi-Fi Rush was a fun experience, definitely recommend people to play it if it's coming to PS.

I personally would love to see Pentiment on PlayStation, that would be nice Platinum to have on my collection.

Agreed. Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush would be the only two XBox games I would buy if they came to PS5. Maybe Hellblade 2 in the future.

• Like 1

Hi-Fi Rush is one of the best games I ever played, I was among the first people to do the 100% achievements, don't know if I'll do it all over again on PS5 since it's so hard and time consuming but I would absolutely love to replay the game nonetheless

Edited by diogoarez