rumor: hi fi rush and sea of thieves many be coming to PlayStation

fenrir54565

5 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think it is a smart move. I think Xbox has failed, and they should just focus on being a publisher and Game Pass. They would make far more money by having their games on PlayStation and Switch than their limited player base.

I've heard Hi-Fi is good, but never really heard anything positive about Sea of Thieves.

Sea of Thieves is like Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Fallout 76 where it's become quietly successful with a strong fanbase due to the developer's commitment over the years, but for whatever reason hasn't received the No Man's Sky comeback accolade from the gaming media. In turn, this leaves a lot of people outside of the games' communities scratching their heads wondering how these games are still going and why their servers haven't been shut down yet... 

Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves are both very good games. Would absolutely LOVE for Starfield to come over as well. Already got 1K GS over there and it would be cool to have the platinum (with a proper platinum title, and not just "platinum trophy" like Bethesda usually do) but I know that's highly unlikely!

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 2

I might be the only person who wants this...but if Bethesda is involved than I have a tiny bit of hope Starfield can still come to PS5. I heard it's reception...but I still want to play it anyways.

Both would be great! So many games on PC/Switch and occasionally Xbox that I wish weren't "locked away" without a multi-hundred dollar purchase. The Half-Life series and the original Halo trilogy would also be great, if far more pie-in-the-sky than ports of these.

• Like 1

Would there be a conflict of interest for these games to be at a higher spec - given that PS5 has more +frame rate third party parity, easier to optimise for, easier RTX, RTX audio and better asset streaming.

Edited by Eraezr

Wouldn’t be all that surprised if Hi-Fi goes multi since it’s a Bethesda release and that is a huge grey area (the whole “case by case” thing) but Sea of Thieves on the other hand! That would open up a whole can of worms with it being a Rare game, ie an Xbox first-party IP through-and-through.

11 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I genuinely thought it was gonna be Redfall or Starfield. Weren't they both in development for PlayStation consoles before Microsoft acquired them? More so Redfall though, Microsoft needs a return in invest on that game and releasing a PlayStation version would re-vitalize the player base.

I can still see them just being timed exclusives in the end. I wouldn’t be sure enough to bet on it mind, but it wouldn’t come as a shock either. They’re both Bethesda releases and, as you said, they were both in development for PS at one point, so some of the groundwork is already done. 

• Like 2

sea of thieves is great multiplayer game  

you and few buddies will have a blast 

I would expect the game to be cross platform 

very interesting to get platinum 

going to go see True-achievements to see if difficulty 100%   

We already got High on Life while everyone thought that it was fake so I guess we are really getting Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves

Also if Microsoft brings their games to other platforms then maybe Crash Bandicoot will still be on PlayStation that would be nice, crash is a really good game

Edited by Shadow_Knight542
  • Like 1

Hi-Fi being Series only (within the Xbox ecosystem) never made any sense to me, so seeing a Xbox One version in the pipeline makes this more believable. I didn't have a SX when it came out so just played it on my 7 year old PC (that wasn't even cutting edge when I got it) and it ran the game at 60 fps pretty easily (not perfectly consistent, but good enough.) Didn't make any sense to not have a XB1 imo version other than just as a way to position it as a big new Series exclusive.

That said while I thought the combat in the game was absolutely incredible (I had been wanting a good rhythm action game for like half my life at this point) I kinda hated everything else. The writing was really grating to me and for a high score based game I thought most of the levels were just to long and drawn out, made me not even bother trying for 100% at the time. Though maybe I'd feel different on a console with better load times and such compared to my crappy PC. Also found the collision detection on platforming to be pretty bad, which yes was relevant since the game has a big emphasis on platforming as well.

On 1/9/2024 at 5:09 AM, Maxine said:

26-C3-B1-A6-F1-BA-462-B-88-E9-8-CB870-B6

Ponies aside, reading “thieves nuts” just made my otherwise mediocre day a whole lot more bearable. Seriously, thanks.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:20 AM, Jeanolt said:

hI1sMNF.jpeg

POV: You’re a 2000s kid in Australia but you weren’t into The Wiggles

On 1/9/2024 at 10:12 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

I just want Sunset Overdrive :( 

That and the upcoming Hellblade sequel.

I liked Senua’s Sacrifice enough to wanna know the events after it but won’t be buying myself an Xbox, move to PC or watch cutscenes/gameplay online to do so.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dry said:

That and the upcoming Hellblade 2.

Didn't even know that was Xbox-exclusive. I have Senua in my backlog, but I guess I'll have to do with no knowing what happens in the sequel, as I prefer gaming on my PlayStation consoles.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Didn't even know that was Xbox-exclusive. I have Senua in my backlog, but I guess I'll have to do with no knowing what happens in the sequel, as I prefer gaming on my PlayStation consoles.

Microsoft bought the studio that made the game,Ninja Theory, years ago

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Team green isn't taking the news well. Seen some calling for Spencer to be fired which... should have done that 10 years ago instead of constantly saying that everything was just dandy. I am seeing attempts to bring those people back into the delusion Microsoft likes for them so we'll see how that goes. This is the same crowd that for 10 straight years fell for 'next year will be the year', so these are very easily fooled people.

Hi-Fi Rush is the only thing of any real interest and... wait for it... maybe I'll play it if it comes to PS+. I don't do that for other companies as I buy plenty of games, but as Microsoft is so big into that I'll make a special exception for them.