What is your favorite Call of Duty? (Poll)

armamac14

What is your favorite call of duty  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Call of Duty

• Call of Duty Classic
    • Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
    • Call of Duty World at War
    • Black Ops
    • Black Ops II
    • Black Ops III
    • Black Ops 4
    • Vanguard
    • MW III 2023
    • MW 2019
    • MW II 2022
    • Black Ops Cold War
    • World War 2
    • Advanced Warfare
    • Infinite Warfare
    • Black Ops Declassified
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
    • Ghosts
    • Mobile

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/01/2025 at 05:59 AM

Hello, I am running a year long poll for what is the best call of duty. I will NOT be including games that are not on PlayStation mobile being the only exception. Also I will not be including 2024's Call of Duty.  So what is THE BEST CALL OF DUTY. That's Up to You, The community.

• Like 1

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and probably nothing will top that

Nostalgia thing. I have finished the campain like 10 times before i even knew language enough to understand what is happening.

Also split screen with friends.

Good times

That is a good one i like modern warfare 2 better because of spec ops. when i got it earlier this year i loved the campaign but i decided to do a lot on campaign remastered.    I loved the MP also. I think i liked the campaign the best so modern warfare is number #1 for me. 

willmill97 please select the overall call of duty not just modes like Black ops 2, Modern Warfare, Advanced Warfare  

I had a blast playing War mode in World War 2, grinded that out until master prestige. 

Next to that, Warzone was introduced together with MW 2019. I loved it initially, but also made me clear that I can't handle the stress of playing battle royal games.

BO1. The campaign was great and a awesome follow up to World at War's story. MP was pretty solid despite me not liking it at the time as I felt it was a downgrade on MW2's chaotic gameplay. 

The crown jewel is the Zombies mode. A huge upgrade on WAW's and all 6 of the new maps were so fun, and the remasters of the first 4 were nice and polished up. 

• Like 1

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is surely the high point of the series. I loved that game when it came out, and how it changed gaming (for better or worse). The series as a whole wouldn’t be where it is now without that game. It’s the one I played most multiplayer on, and the campaign is one of the best ever made. 

Other entries I enjoyed have been Call of Duty 2 on Xbox, Black Ops, and the recent Modern Warfares. I’ve played many of the games on this list, and quite enjoy them but these ones would be my standouts. 

Also there was a Call of Duty 2: Big Red One released on ps2 I think not on this list.

For me:

• Campaign: Infinite Warfare
  • Zombies: Infinite Warfare
  • Multiplayer: Black Ops II

You'd think I'd vote for Infinite Warfare, but the multiplayer is the most important factor of a COD for me and IW has one of the worst in the franchise, it's not even in my overall top five because of that. BO2 is by far my favorite, I constantly played it from launch until 2017 (and even got back to it with Plutonium in 2020).

• Like 1

The original Black Ops. Not for the story. Nor the gameplay really. But playing split-screen death matches with mates was a blast. Good memories there. I really miss the days of split-screen gaming and couch co-op. Playing online with friends is nice all. But there was something truly special about sitting on a couch in the same room and talking shit. Passing the controller when you lost. Good times.

It was tough to choose between World at War, Black Ops 2 and Black Ops 3, but I went with BO2 purely for time spent. I dropped the most hours playing that COD of any other, and have nothing but good memories from it all. Nowadays, I typically avoid the COD games as I haven't appreciated the series' trajectory in recent years, though Modern Warfare (2019) was decent for what little I played of it in crossplay.

For me, WAW felt like no other COD and was such a gritty game that I loved, I was also like a 10 years old playing that game lol, so nostalgia too.

Campaign: World at War gets my vote, if I had 2 more choices after, it would be MW2 (2009) and OG MW (2007)

Mutilplayer: I was try hard the most when I was much younger, so MW2 followed by BO1 for me

Note: World at War introducing that Zombies at the end of the campaign was one of the most scariest parts of my childhood lol, core memory!

It's a tough one for me, but I went with BO2, but B03 was pretty close.

1) Black Ops 2 (Best Balanced MP, great story, great zombies)

2) Black Op 3 (Best zombies Mode, co-op story (granted the story wasn't great), Solid MP (if only there wasn't wall running))

Treyarch >>>> IW >>>> Sledgehammer

I'm at the point where I will only buy Treyarch titles anymore. IW is just releasing garbage with the MW reboot, and Sledgehammer has failed every time.

Modern Warfare 2 is surely the peak of COD.

Modern Warfare and World at War were both sublime games and laid the groundwork for the COD supremacy, but Modern Warfare 2 to me was the peak. It was a huge improvement on its predecessors in basically every way and they themselves were already brilliant games. I spent days, weeks of my life playing this game and while it definitely had flaws (One Man Army), to me it is the absolute pinnacle of the franchise.

I've gotten maximum prestige online in every CoD until BO4, and I can say that BO2 had the best MP overall. You could do well with every single weapon in the game, that's how well it was optimized. As for the story, each to their own. I liked the MW trilogy better than Black Ops, but Treyarch has zombies. Tough pick. 

Hello, let me make this clear only put call of duty games that are on PlayStation except for call of duty Mobile because if you only like playing that if you like that play style better at least you can leave your opinion. I see someone liked mobile best of all of these games

I'm an OG player since CoD classic (SP) and CoD3 (Online) and stopped playing regularly between MW3 and BO2. 

• Campaign: World at War
  • Zombies: Black Ops
  • Multiplayer: Modern Warfare 2

I did play the campaign and a small portion of MP (5-20h) on all of them until this day with reboot MW3 but none caught my interest since with the exception of Cold War where I have like 260h in Zombies because of a friend. The zombies were good enough to grind but I wouldn't do it if it wasn't with my friend.

World at War was actually my first ever platinum and one I cherish the most by not being the first but also one of the most bullshit hard games out there. If you know you know.

Black Ops had the best zombies by far, I would say BO3 was almost on par since they released Zombie Chronicles and whatever but not there.

MW2 had and still has one of the best multiplayers, it had problems with GL/OMA and other stuff but since I played competitive back then in Gamebattles/MLG these were all banned and it kinda biased my opinion compared to people who were just playing pubs all day.

But if I had to pick just one in general: World At War

0-10 (Comparatively with other CoD games)

Campaign: 10

Online: 9

Zombies: 7 

Edited by Kthasin

It's hard to say, I started with Black Ops III but I got into it very late. Since then I've actually picked up almost every Call of Duty, of all of them I actually liked Call of Duty Cold War the most, you can see that in the playing time, which far exceeds all other CODs.

After that, in my opinion, Black Ops III and Black Ops IV would come, as these were still playable and didn't contain SBMM, if only very little.

I'd vote Call of Duty 3 but it isn't in the list. Since it's on Playstation, you should include it.

From the rest, Black Ops II is the one I have the best memories, playing it on pc, and with friends on the 360, when I was still in primary school up to the beginning of high school. It was sooo fun, and the maps are memorable. One of the best multiplayer modes of that generation, along with Uncharted 2.

Edited by Jeanolt

Black Ops 2 is my favorite of the series. If they remastered the campaign for this, I'd buy it.

One of the more interesting parts is the Strike Force system. Whether or not you succeed in an SF mission affects what ending you get. You have only one chance on these during your playthrough. There is some branching in the main story as well. BO2 introduced custom loadouts to the series. I think the more sci-fi/futuristic CoD games are the high point of the series. Infinite Warfare is criminally underrated.

Spoiler

If you don't save your ally Chloe Lynch (code name Karma) from capture, the Second Chance mission is unlocked. You can either try to save Karma as the Strike Force team, or instead play as her and try to escape while taking weapons from dead enemies.

favourite call of duty of all time 

campaign - World at war  

the challenging veteran campaign made for enjoyable experience struggled with trophy Sum of all zeroes I had every single trophy expect this one and struggled achieve it for couple years I then came back to game to give it another shot at it got it after few tries lol highly recommend this they need to remaster this game instead of making new Remakes shit 

multiplayer - Black ops 3 

the multiplayer with over 650 hours accumulated on it is my favourite with dark matter camo too addition of trying to achieve those damn DLC weapons in those stupid supply drops 

the game overall is the best with all 4 DLC adding great maps and black ops 3 making some of best multiplayer youtubers that I discovered like Dysmo and the Korean savage 

its overall the best futuristic wall running jetpacks call of duty 

zombies - infinite warfare (unpopular opinion I know I was going to say bo2 but I did not want 3 Treyarch games lol)

the unrealistic theme and more cartoonish take on the  zombies setting was refreshing and joy to play zombies in Spaceland and Rave in redwoods being my favourite maps 

playing the games in arcade to glitch spot on rave in redwoods beside cabin to get to high rounds 

• 4 weeks later...